Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Daka Signs - Official

Not suggesting we'd just sign someone for the sake of it/helping someone settle, but Brighton do transfers in a very similar way to us, and he's clearly no slouch for £18m.... oh and he's a RW..... lol 

6 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Not suggesting we'd just sign someone for the sake of it/helping someone settle, but Brighton do transfers in a very similar way to us, and he's clearly no slouch for £18m.... oh and he's a RW..... lol 

Please no lol

Have you forgotten Jahanbaksh, the winger Brighton signed for £22m, who we were also linked with? Ghezzal who we went for instead was a bargain in comparison. 

1 minute ago, brucey said:

Please no lol

Have you forgotten Jahanbaksh, the winger Brighton signed for £22m, who we were also linked with? Ghezzal who we went for instead was a bargain in comparison. 

I was actually quite annoyed they got him when we were interested, he smashed it for AZ, then completely flopped over here lol

14 hours ago, Collymore said:

How fast is Daka I wonder? Vardy in his prime fast? Barnes fast? Ricardo fast? 

Heard a lot mentioned about his pace but wonder how it will translate in the Premier League...

Not quite as fast, but apparently in the CL, his fastest sprint was 32.8 km/h, whereas Vardy's fastest recorded sprint for us was 35.44 km/h.

• Thanks 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Badger song (Badger badger badger , mushroom mushroom)
YouTube
 · 
xHopelessDreamingx

To the tune of the above...

Ah daka daka daka daka vardy vardy

Repeat 

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

1 hour ago, Beechey said:

Not quite as fast, but apparently in the CL, his fastest sprint was 32.8 km/h, whereas Vardy's fastest recorded sprint for us was 35.44 km/h.

That translates to Vardy being 25m ahead if they could both hold that top speed for 15 secs. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Beechey said:

Early in the 2015/16 season some stats came out that in the season so far Leicester players (Vardy, Schlupp and Albrighton) had the top 3 fastest sprint speeds. Vardy was in the top 5 twice. One other Leicester player made the top 10...

Wes Morgan.

It's hard to put too much stock in the accuracy of sprint speed stats after seeing things like that lol 

Edited by Xen

2 hours ago, Xen said:

Early in the 2015/16 season some stats came out that in the season so far Leicester players (Vardy, Schlupp and Albrighton) had the top 3 fastest sprint speeds. Vardy was in the top 5 twice. One other Leicester player made the top 10...

Wes Morgan.

It's hard to put too much stock in the accuracy of sprint speed stats after seeing things like that lol 

Morgan was fast when he got going. Only problem was it took him all day to get to top speed.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Oswinner said:

Morgan was fast when he got going. Only problem was it took him all day to get to top speed.

Exactly - so even if they were accurate the 'top speed' stats are generally useless as they don't showcase acceleration all that well, which is arguably the far more important stat.

Even then, though, I'm not buying that Morgan had a faster top speed than the likes of Walker, Walcott, etc in 2015. Not a chance.

Back to Daka - and I don't think we need to be worried. Even in the lower-tier leagues opposition players can still be rapid, yet the highlight reels often show him with a burst of pace and making runs onto passes which most players would never reach. Good poacher's instinct as well, so I can see him playing similarly to how Vardy has done for us in previous seasons.

1 hour ago, los dedos said:

He's come in on Eurostar, so it either France or Belgium . But not sure on either's status .

Amber list countries

Make plans to self-quarantine in private accommodation for 10 full days after arrival (or full duration of stay if less than 10 days)

You must quarantine in the place you are staying, apart from when you are:

• competing in or training for an elite sports event, or
  • providing essential support to a domestic elite sportsperson in their competition or training, or
  • providing essential operational support to the running of an elite sports event

You may leave quarantine to travel directly to or between the locations of elite sports events or training where you are undertaking your duties as an elite sportsperson.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

We’ve never had to track a train before. I’m so confused.

I nearly went on Twitter to brag how we'd send a private jet for Daka . While the guy signed for Brighton had to catch a regular plane into Heathrow .😬

8 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

We’ve never had to track a train before. I’m so confused.

Salzburg to Munich -  Munich to Paris Nord.  Paris Nord to St Pancras..... then onto Leicester.