Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

England v Denmark Weds 07/07/21 20:00

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

Honestly, where is the value in booing a pretty inoffensive country? 

Not like its England v Scotland where you know they'll both boo each other

Yeah England fans just have no class unfortunately, those in the ground anyway. I didn’t boo from home. 

8 hours ago, tom27111 said:

I've not dismissed the chances, that's a great price for Denmark in 90 minutes.

I don't expect to win the bet, but I'm not turning it down at those odds 

If they were to win the entire competition, I think enjoy would be the wrong word. I'd be happy for them, but it doesn't really bother me. Much like I'd like Team GB to do well at the Olympics, but I won't be bothered if they don't.

I won't be going out celebrating, put it that way.

I would like them to win it, but I just can't get excited about it, no enthusiasm at all, which I wouldn't have dreamed about saying 10, 20 years ago.

I've enjoyed the tournament as a whole, because I enjoy watching football.

The group was dour, to put it mildly. Half an hour against Germany was decent and I can't comment on Saturday, because I didn't see it, but looks good on paper.

It's amazing what a win does for the changing attitudes towards the team from the public and the media, but I've been watching England since 1986, so it doesn't really wash with me anymore.

Fair play if they go on to win it though.

Out of interest what nationality are you? I see you constantly refer to England as "they". Are you not English or are you that disconnected from the England side that you can't refer to them as we/us

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Have you been to an England game and seen many of the plebs that attend ??

Went to an England v Ireland friendly in 2013 at Wemberlee.  Was mainly with and surrounded by Ireland fans so cant really comment on the home fans. Funnily enough neither side booed the anthems then, as far as I recall or could hear anyway.

Guest StevieLynex
3 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Went to an England v Ireland friendly in 2013 at Wemberlee.  Was mainly with and surrounded by Ireland fans so cant really comment on the home fans. Funnily enough neither side booed the anthems then, as far as I recall or could hear anyway.

England's fans never used to boo the Scottish anthem in the seventies at Wembley - the stadium was 95% Scottish fans

Edited by StevieLynex

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I swear commentators get increasingly desperate to say something famous or have a catchphrase every year. 

You know Matterface has about 5 pre written incredibly cringe phrases to hand if England score, not sure if I'll be able to handle it.

• Like 1

Just now, Parafox said:

They think it's all over... never be beaten 

Thing is, lines like that, nobody was trying to say something immortal it just happened organically. 

The more people fetishize sports coverage and glorify these "iconic" lines, the more absolute fvcking stains like Matterface try desperately to have their own. 

His voice is breaking any time anyone even gets near the Denmark box and we're only seven minutes in. Jesus christ man. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Out of interest what nationality are you? I see you constantly refer to England as "they". Are you not English or are you that disconnected from the England side that you can't refer to them as we/us

I'm English. I'm just refering to the team as them.

And yeah, I do feel very disconnected from it. 

It's quite sad and disappointing to feel like that in all honesty.

To me, to say we/us refers to Leicester City.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest StevieLynex
2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

You know Matterface has about 5 pre written incredibly cringe phrases to hand if England score, not sure if I'll be able to handle it.

England are frying the Danish bacon