Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

England v Denmark Weds 07/07/21 20:00

1 minute ago, shen said:

Amen! Every English football fan should head these words. This team is really good, they can win genuinely things the next few years - starting with this Sunday.

Fair play to you Mate. Unbelievably gracious In defeat. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Buzzing to watch us in the final but not thrilled with some of the antics from a couple of our players tonight. Deserved the result on the balance of play though

Yeah, that was as grating as watching Italy do their stuff against the Belgians. It doesn't endear the players to the wider audience, but if it doesn't get punished, I understand why it's still such a big part of the game.

12 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Because I still remember

That tackle by Moore

And when Lineker scored

Bobby belting the ball

And Sterling diving

3 Lions on the shirt!

Wouldn’t

Sterling on the floor 

Work better?

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Obviously it'll be great if we win but if you are of the opinion that the game should be fair then you'd rather go through on merit rather than a decision that can be considered very questionable. Won't sell out my views just because I want to win personally. 

Yeah, ok mate. Football is always fair. There's never been a penalty given that isn't nailed on.

2 minutes ago, shen said:

Yeah, that was as grating as watching Italy do their stuff against the Belgians. It doesn't endear the players to the wider audience, but if it doesn't get punished, I understand why it's still such a big part of the game.

I was surprised he bought it though as he got the earlier Kane one spot on despite that being a more difficult decision. You should be very proud of your team for their performance in this tournament 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Vardy got sent off for that at Wham

And was vilified. The season after Kane and co are doing it and it’s contact and the player has every right to go down. Defo penalty. 

However, if that’s what it takes to win Sunday night I’ll take it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, shen said:

On those parameters, Spain should've won yesterday too. The penalty was a poor call and astonished it wasn't overturned by VAR. But what's done is done. Enjoy the win and the final, it will be a great occasion and for once England might finally deliver on their huge promise. 

Nobody "should" win....

We took our moment....Spain didnt..different game,different parameters...Spain forgot to put a Bob in their meter...:yahoo:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

Yeah, ok mate. Football is always fair. There's never been a penalty given that isn't nailed on.

My point is that I won't be gleefully happy about winning a penalty if I feel it's undeserved. Giving soft penalties will only lead to more and more dives in the game. I don't mind admitting that it's a dodgy decision even if it's my own team that's all. It's a tough job for refs admittedly though to get it right.

Anyway the final will be a great occasion as a nation and this will be forgotten by then anyway! 

• Like 2

I’m old enough to remember the 66 final, which was amazing, then all the subsequent disappointments from losing to Germany in 1970 (after being in front) through failure to qualify in’74, and more disappointments in 1990 and 1996, both occasions when we had good teams capable of winning things.

So being in the final, albeit as the result of a debatable penalty, feels brilliant to me. The past five years have seen City win the Premier league and the FA Cup, and England winning the Euros would definitely be the icing on the cake. So let’s enjoy the feeling for once.

• Like 4

A final's a final however you get there - superb achievement and certainly way beyond what I expected. The penalty decision was a very odd one and I'm looking forward to seeing how our impartial pundits draw a distinction between Italy's disgusting foreign diving and the way brave lions like Kane and Grealish cleverly buy fouls. Matterface was a genuine embarrassment - incredible how long it took him to spot that Denmark were down to ten and even then he didn't seem totally sure what was going on.

Sterling and Maguire were exceptional again and are our players of the tournament so far for me. Kane was far better as well though I wasn't so impressed by Mount and Rice. I've a suspicion Southgate might come over even more cautious for the final and bring Henderson in for Saka with Mount pushing forwards a bit.

Credit to Schmeichel who was superb and a tad unlucky with the penalty I thought. They were clearly absolutely knackered towards the end and looked as though their physical and mental efforts had finally caught up with them.

2 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

We didn’t deserve the penalty 

Denmark didn’t deserve to go through 

Ironically Denmark were playing for penalties - we got one, and Kasper saved it - in a penalty shootout.. no rebounds.

• Like 1