Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

England v Denmark Weds 07/07/21 20:00

22 minutes ago, shen said:

Amen! Every English football fan should heed these words. This team is really good, they can win genuinely things the next few years - starting with this Sunday.

Good on you mate. It was a great game. I was really impressed with how you guys were so calm playing out from the back and transitioning quickly, Worthy semi final opponents and plenty to be proud of. In the least patronising way possible!! I thought it was a great match up between the two teams. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, murphy said:

We're living in a strange era.  I'm 47 and I grew up thinking that trophies were just something that other clubs and other countries won.  Now I've seen Leicester win the title and the FA Cup and England into the final of a major tournament within 5 years.  What's going on?  It's weird.

Whatever happens on Sunday though, it will be as nothing to me compared to winning the FA Cup.

I know what you mean, sometimes I feel like the world has been 'revolving around us' as Leicester fans compared to say 13 years ago ,almost too good to be true at times 🤣

• Like 1

Kasper has just climbed another rung on the ladder of great City footballers. Damn near held that ball! I detest the booing that he was subjected to by what looked to be a largely Southern crowd. Do they not like Leicester? My England MoM was Luke Shaw - outstanding game. 

I'm not an England supporter - my loyalties lie elsewhere. So I watched without much stress.

I don't give them much chance against Italy. The Italians are playing superb football right now - they're quick, decisive, are playing with real flair and creating chances. England's luck - an own goal and a penalty rebound - don't fill one with confidence about their ability to penetrate another masterful Azzuri defence and I believe they'll have their hands full with Chiesa and Co.

That said, I hope they click in the final and win on merit, rather than fortune.

It's high time the national side replicated the success of English clubs in Europe.

Wow that was a rollercoaster. Denmark caused us problems, especially in midfield. I didn't think we had the balance right until Henderson and Foden came on. We cannot afford to carry a performance like Mpunt put in tonight on Sunday, we'd be crucified by Italy's midfield.

However, we were the only team looking to win that game from 60 mins onwards and although the penalty was very soft, that one on Kane in the 2nd half was a stonewall penalty, it was staggering. 

Raheem Sterling was relentless, was fairly poor in front of goal but his willingness to keep taking it to Denmark was just awe inspiring and he got stronger and stronger all night. 

What a landmark occasion, I'm now essentially on the piss for the rest of 2021 as we will win on Sunday and I'm genuinely scared where I end up. I'll pitch up in the nude in a Londis somewhere on these glorious Isles eating a cold Frey Bentos. 

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Manini said:

Good on you mate. It was a great game. I was really impressed with how you guys were so calm playing out from the back and transitioning quickly, Worthy semi final opponents and plenty to be proud of. In the least patronising way possible!! I thought it was a great match up between the two teams. 

It was an enthralling first half and Damsgaard's goal was a beauty, but once he and Dolberg were running on empty, it was always going to be a containment job. Walker and Slabhead were England's key players today. They didn't give Poulsen, Braithwaite and in particular Mæhle a sniff today. It quickly became evident that a draw was the best the Danes could hope for - and they came very close.

Disappointed but I'm OK with the result. The right team won.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, shen said:

It was an enthralling first half and Damsgaard's goal was a beauty, but once he and Dolberg were running on empty, it was always going to be a containment job. Walker and Slabhead were England's key players today. They didn't give Poulsen, Braithwaite and in particular Mæhle a sniff today. It quickly became evident that a draw was the best the Danes could hope for - and they came very close.

Disappointed but I'm OK with the result. The right team won.

You'd have won a shootout, no question.

1 minute ago, VinceNoir said:

Whoa, where do I start. Congratulations England and all fans of England on here. Reaching a final has been a long time coming!  

Tonight was as emotionally draining for me as May 15th at Wembley. I feel so gutted and at the same time so proud of what we’ve achieved. The feeling in Denmark these past 3 weeks has been special - it’s almost made people forget that the last year and a half has been miserable. This team has just completely brought together the entire nation. It’s been such a beautiful experience. Well done to Kasper Hjulmand, well done to the doctors who saved Eriksen’s life, well done to the players for performing like heroes since that horrific experience against Finland. Young players like Mæhle and Damsgaard making names for themselves and delivering on the biggest stage. This team has such a bright future!  Tonight was just one step too far. But we left everything out there and that’s all I could have asked for.

England had more, they deserved it and they had a tiny bit of luck with the rebound from the penalty. As for the penalty call itself… well, there’s no reason to get into that. 

Congrats again and good luck on Sunday. Come visit Denmark one day - it’s a beautiful place with beautiful people.

Goodnight 😘🇩🇰

Great post. 

2 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

Whoa, where do I start. Congratulations England and all fans of England on here. Reaching a final has been a long time coming!  

Tonight was as emotionally draining for me as May 15th at Wembley. I feel so gutted and at the same time so proud of what we’ve achieved. The feeling in Denmark these past 3 weeks has been special - it’s almost made people forget that the last year and a half has been miserable. This team has just completely brought together the entire nation. It’s been such a beautiful experience. Well done to Kasper Hjulmand, well done to the doctors who saved Eriksen’s life, well done to the players for performing like heroes since that horrific experience against Finland. Young players like Mæhle and Damsgaard making names for themselves and delivering on the biggest stage. This team has such a bright future!  Tonight was just one step too far. But we left everything out there and that’s all I could have asked for.

England had more, they deserved it and they had a tiny bit of luck with the rebound from the penalty. As for the penalty call itself… well, there’s no reason to get into that. 

Congrats again and good luck on Sunday. Come visit Denmark one day - it’s a beautiful place with beautiful people.

Goodnight 😘🇩🇰

Great post, and your boys certainly were brilliant throughout. My second team in this tournament, fantastic achievement 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

What’s even the point of VAR if you have a dive so blatant it’s obvious in real-time, and replay lets it stand?

Likewise that stonewall penalty on Kane. Becoming redundant as a functionality.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Likewise that stonewall penalty on Kane. Becoming redundant as a functionality.

No way was either a pen tbh. Regardless England deserved to win and won so fair enough. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, murphy said:

We're living in a strange era.  I'm 47 and I grew up thinking that trophies were just something that other clubs and other countries won.  Now I've seen Leicester win the title and the FA Cup and England into the final of a major tournament within 5 years.  What's going on?  It's weird.

Whatever happens on Sunday though, it will be as nothing to me compared to winning the FA Cup.

Let’s soak it up and take the time to appreciate it. I’m nearly 49 and feel the same. My granddad watched us come second in 1929 and watched 4 FA Cup finals and died before we lifted the League Cup in the 90s. My dad similar. It’s so easy to take the silverware we’ve lifted for granted recently. I don’t view it like that. I feel privileged to have seen it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NasPb said:

No way was either a pen tbh. Regardless England deserved to win and won so fair enough. 

How can you say that Kane one wasn't he cleared him out, accidental or not. It's a penalty in this day and age all day long.

• Like 2