Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

England v Denmark Weds 07/07/21 20:00

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

How can you say that Kane one wasn't he cleared him out, accidental or not. It's a penalty in this day and age all day long.

Gets ball first mate. Regardless as i said England did deserve tl go through. Just a shame it happened in such an inadequate way tbh

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'm obviously not biased towards England in any way but I do actually think there was grounds for that Penalty. He went down easily but 5here was clear contact in the box....

Whatever. Sterling was looking for it all game. The England players were like pro wrestlers everywhere on the pitch except in the Danish penalty area, where they didn't half throw themselves to the ground. But it is what it is, nobody will remember this next week anyway and I doubt the English will care one iota what the rest of the world thinks anyway.

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

How can you say that Kane one wasn't he cleared him out, accidental or not. It's a penalty in this day and age all day long.

Looked like Kane kicked Nørgaard to me, but will need to see it back. Congrats Ric! Surprised you're able to spell properly at this stage, what's gotten into you? :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, murphy said:

We're living in a strange era.  I'm 47 and I grew up thinking that trophies were just something that other clubs and other countries won.  Now I've seen Leicester win the title and the FA Cup and England into the final of a major tournament within 5 years.  What's going on?  It's weird.

Whatever happens on Sunday though, it will be as nothing to me compared to winning the FA Cup.

Was thinking the same thing... 58 years... and in the last 8... European cup matches... 3 titles.... FA cup and England into a final... There can be no better club to support in the past 10 years?

But also... no Leicester fan in the future (say under 20 now)... will ever understand what we experienced leading up to this

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Seeing the nation this buzzed rivals what we experience at the highest highs following our clubs. I know some of our fans are apathetic towards England these days but I pity you, I really do.

This is electric, it's one of the best feelings you can feel.

ITS HAPPENING

Yes - I'm a bit jealous. I don't get the same buzz as I did in 96 or the World Cups where we got into the knockouts (86 was horrible - it nasty to get knocked out by cheating). I think Leicester may be providing sufficient satisfaction for me as far as football is concerned these days. I just don't have the same degree of attachment to England as I used to.  I've really enjoyed this tournament though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trabuch said:

Ironically Denmark were playing for penalties - we got one, and Kasper saved it - in a penalty shootout.. no rebounds.

Kasper will be kicking himself as it was such a poor penalty he should have held it comfortably. Pushing it back to Kane was  a poor effort, around the post maybe, but never back to the taker. 

Penalty was clearly soft, but poor defending as they gave the ref a decision to make. Sterling was falling already, so pull out of the intended challenge. 

Was also surprised how unfit the Danes were compared to England. Maybe the extra travelling? Posters slagged GS off re his lack of substitutions, but we weren’t left with 10 men on the pitch at the end. 

All in all, I thought England managed the game a lot more professionally than Denmark and deserved the win. 

• Like 1

That was an agonising watch.

Denmark were poor and and although we largely dominated, needed an own goal and and a second chance from the penalty.

Can't thrash everyone 4-0 though and had the balls to come from behind in such a massive game.

England are in the final:o 

it hasn't sunk in yet and we may as well go on and win it now:englandsmile4wf:

Guest Chocolate Teapot
5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Seeing the nation this buzzed rivals what we experience at the highest highs following our clubs. I know some of our fans are apathetic towards England these days but I pity you, I really do.

This is electric, it's one of the best feelings you can feel.

ITS HAPPENING

I'm really pleased England are in the final but personally I feel like such a fair weather England fan its difficult to evoke anywhere near the same level of passion as I do for leicester. Leicester losing genuinely ruins my weekend / week, England lose and I don't feel a lot.

That and watching kane score a penalty beyond kasper is something I've spent the last 6 years despising and it felt all sorts of wrong celebrating. As good as the tournament has been as an England fan, the real quiz starts in August for me.

I think that illustrates just how one sided that game really was. 

I’ve seen outlandish claims that Denmark were the better team for a proportion of the game, until they made substations etc. 

It’s fair to say, it was largely one way traffic and despite the penalty being on the softer side, contact was made.

A few things people have forgotten which  weren’t discussed. 

* Backpass in the first 5 minutes? 

* Was the foul by Shaw, as bad as some of the other “fouls” that the red didn’t give? 

* The Denmark goal was practically in the  middle of the net, Pickford needs to be stopping that. 

* Kane would most likely have been given his penalty in the Premier League.

The better team won on the night and I think would in 8 out of 10 games. You can help but feel for Denmark though, as that defensive effort was heroic and they’ve generated a culture and they’ve been a magnificent story to watch. 

Now get well soon Eriksen! 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Sly said:

I think that illustrates just how one sided that game really was. 

I’ve seen outlandish claims that Denmark were the better team for a proportion of the game, until they made substations etc. 

It’s fair to say, it was largely one way traffic and despite the penalty being on the softer side, contact was made.

A few things people have forgotten which  weren’t discussed. 

* Backpass in the first 5 minutes? 

* Was the foul by Shaw, as bad as some of the other “fouls” that the red didn’t give? 

* The Denmark goal was practically in the  middle of the net, Pickford needs to be stopping that. 

* Kane would most likely have been given his penalty in the Premier League.

The better team won on the night and I think would in 8 out of 10 games. You can help but feel for Denmark though, as that defensive effort was heroic and they’ve generated a culture and they’ve been a magnificent story to watch. 

Now get well soon Eriksen! 

I don’t know what any of the stuff in the tweets means, but England were definitely the better side. But I think we held our own for about 70 minutes. The game changed when Hjulmand took off Dams and Dolberg. That’s when we decided to play for a draw, I think. 

Congrats again :) 

PS: Hope they find the cvnt with the laser pointer. Wtf is up with that? Disgraceful behaviour 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Denmark were a complete class act throughout the tournament and deserve an enormous amount of credit.

Still think this tournament is a shambles though - roaming countries, massive unfair advantage for some countries and third place qualifying. There's too many teams, they really should be looking at the format.

Early train this morning for work so it was the one beer and up early today. 

I really am quite embarrassed looking at the reaction on here lol we had a stonewall penalty not given in the first ninety, dive or not it was very much a counterbalance and it was more indicative of the shite officiating last night more than the rather strong England showing. The general apathy for the national seemed to turn in to complete hatred last night, a weird lot some of you. 

Absolutely amazing to be in the final. Kind of a win-win to see Schmeichel look really strong in defeat, it maybe won’t be remembered like his dad’s Denmark team but it is still their strongest showing since and they should be very proud. 

Sunday, however, will be absolutely biblical.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, NasPb said:

Gets ball first mate. Regardless as i said England did deserve tl go through. Just a shame it happened in such an inadequate way tbh

But Denmark could of won it with an incorrect given free-kick..but that's ok..?

Free kicks penalties, VAR..66 ball over the line debate..rotten tackle takes a player out..like Spurs Vs city final..

The game is full of "Noise"..

We won,all debates, bad feelings,

Unfair points...

Football is unfair..55 yes of International-.hurt..70 years of Club dreams & nightmares..

Who cares " why"..!!  The win was deserved ..!

We won against one of the top 3 teams,

In the tournament..Won being the important tick..

98% of tournament finalists like Germany ride their luck & the decisions....

Who cares...We won..:scarf:

• Like 1