Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

England v Denmark Weds 07/07/21 20:00

4 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

Do not justify the that penalty decision with the freekick Denmark scored from please.

There were soft freekicks given constantly. Just look at some of the freekicks Sterling, Kane and Grealish won. It happens in all games. Just because Damsgård pulls a worldie off from one, its not the same as a getting a pen from a clear dive.

England deserved the win, but that winning goal will annoy me for a while. 

How about justifying it withe fact there was two different sets of contact on him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

How about justifying it withe fact there was two different sets of contact on him.

If you can't admit he dived, then it just shows how we as fans have accepted diving when it suits our cause.  

• Like 3

Just to put all controversy to bed...

If was a penalty...he got clipped , then nudged on the the hips & thigh..

Plus we should have had 2 other penalties...2-4 other free-kicks.

Their goal ,was from  a Phantom foul...

We have ridden  xxyrs of crap descisions....History shown we lost or drew...und

The Coin Fell ourside....We won..Then again we won....If I am Not mistakes we won...

English denyers, World press, Foreign pundits can cry down the 120 minutes...But One more time..!!!

WE  WON.....:bounce:...

Edited by fuchsntf

19 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

A Leicester fan referring to that Chelsea scum as “Mase” 🤮🤢

Jokes aside, congrats Bert. Deserved winners. 

The quote marks insinuate its Chilwell talking to Mount, which is what he calls him. Cheers! 

51 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That's probably it, Leicester are a successful team now. My passion for England has been there from the start as its what got me infatuated with football in 1990, but it probably helped that Leicester were by and large a smaller outfit in the game in the 90's and most certainly for a 12-13 year stretch of this millennium. Now though we are right up there and the PL is so hyped up that we are swept up in it and rightly so, what we have experienced with Leicester in the last 10 years is just unbelievable.

Maybe that prevents our fans from being able to retain a real love of our national team, at the end of the day football is authentic when it comes to obsession and passion, you can't cheat that. Try all you might to be immersed in it but eventually it doesn't matter much to you.

What I would say is supporting our players above our national side though is stupid, do you think they care about that? Kasper has pretty much lived his entire life in England, he's as English as they come and yet he has no regard for our nations football team and rightly so, he's immensely proud to play for Denmark and its a huge deal for him to do so. He certainly doesn't need the support of English Leicester fans, save that for next month for the next 9 month slog and soak up these next few days as this is extraordinary times.

I don't think it's that.  Not for me anyway.

I remember Euro 96 and being swept along like a mad fool.  Leicester were enjoying the most successful period of my lifetime then.  Similarly, I remember the World Cup 2006 during the Leicester City wilderness years and I had really fallen out of love with international football.  I still supported England but it wasn't the same.  I thought perhaps that it was just me getting older, but my love for Leicester hasn't waned.

If England lose on Sunday I will be disappointed but that's about it.  I couldn't sleep before the cup final.  

Edited by murphy

16 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

If you can't admit he dived, then it just shows how we as fans have accepted diving when it suits our cause.  

He was impeded, twice. 

Whether he went down a bit softly is beside the point, he only had to be impeded. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

He was impeded, twice. 

Whether he went down a bit softly is beside the point, he only had to be impeded. 

I somehow expect better from England fans, who are otherwise never late to point out dives and cheats of any club or nation.
I don't think you will find a Dane who doesn't admit that Vilfort's goal for 2-0 in 1992 should in retrospect have been disallowed for handball. Not that anyone cared (besides some Germans) or cares anymore - it's just a footnote today.

The play should've stopped before Sterling even got the ball - which is handily ignored - but even on that clip, Sterling is already on his way down before Jensen touches him. The brush against Mæhle is so light and judging by Sterling's right leg movement, it doesn't look like he was at all impeded by it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, shen said:

I somehow expect better from England fans, who are otherwise never late to point out dives and cheats of any club or nation.
I don't think you will find a Dane who doesn't admit that Vilfort's goal for 2-0 in 1992 should in retrospect have been disallowed for handball. Not that anyone cared (besides some Germans) or cares anymore - it's just a footnote today.

The play should've stopped before Sterling even got the ball - which is handily ignored - but even on that clip, Sterling is already on his way down before Jensen touches him. The brush against Mæhle is so light and judging by Sterling's right leg movement, it doesn't look like he was at all impeded by it.

This thread is full of England fans saying that Sterling dived.

I think that those that claim it was a genuine pen are in the minority here.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He was impeded, twice. 

My point still stands. That is modern football 'seeking minimal contact and falling' for a pen. Its what I call diving, also when Vardy does it. Sterling even hits Mæhle harder winning the ball. 

It was a great con by Sterling, but if we justify it, we are just a part of the problem. 

9 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

My point still stands. That is modern football 'seeking minimal contact and falling' for a pen. Its what I call diving, also when Vardy does it. Sterling even hits Mæhle harder winning the ball. 

It was a great con by Sterling, but if we justify it, we are just a part of the problem. 

I don’t know how people can say it’s not a penalty. Neither of them anywhere near the ball. Contact is made. It’s a foul all day long. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, shen said:

Kevin Doyle is an Irish professional footballer, try again. As he says, trying running at speed and having someone clip your knee and hip barge you and then see if it had no impact on your ability to move as you would have without being touched. 

First angle I wasn't sure last night, I thought there was contact but it looked a bit soft. I have no issue with it whatsoever from that angle. 

44 minutes ago, murphy said:

I don't think it's that.  Not for me anyway.

I remember Euro 96 and being swept along like a mad fool.  Leicester were enjoying the most successful period of my lifetime then.  Similarly, I remember the World Cup 2006 during the Leicester City wilderness years and I had really fallen out of love with international football.  I still supported England but it wasn't the same.  I thought perhaps that it was just me getting older, but my love for Leicester hasn't waned.

If England lose on Sunday I will be disappointed but that's about it.  I couldn't sleep before the cup final.  

Irish surname mate, get it changed to Smith and you'll be BUZZING once again 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

He didn't seek contact, two players ran into him, it's literally as clear as day in that video. Whether he goes down when he could have kept running means nothing, if those bumps mean he wasn't able to run as he would have done without them. Players will go down in those circumstances to make sure officials know there is contact. 

You can get a free kick given against you without even touching the player don't forget, if you impede their progress. Impede is defined as "To delay, block or prevent an opponent’s action or movement"  in the rules. With two points of contact there is a clear argument that he was impeded. 

It's one of them frustrating ones as they are often ignored, but by the letter of the law there really isn't much wrong with the decision. And yeah I'd be annoyed if it went against us, but we are always annoyed at decisions that don't go our way. 

55 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He was impeded, twice. 

From that angle, the Danish player looked to hook and impede Sterling's foot. Sterling seemed to see that before it happened and went down. It's not an outright dive but there wasn't contact before Sterling went down. He predicted it (correctly, I'd say) and went down.

Gives me a better feeling about the final.

Screenshot 2021-07-08 at 12.55.01.png

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 1

At the end of the day there is no definite answer as to whether it should or shouldn’t have been a pen. It is just an opinion either way. Personally I was surprised and would be mortified if it was given against us. However pleased it was and won’t dwell on it.

• Like 1