Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

England v Denmark Weds 07/07/21 20:00

5 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

The booing of the Danish anthem was very odd. I understand against Germany and Scotland but Denmark? 

Booing seems to have become more common these days, including whenever the opposition has the ball. Can’t say I’m keen on it personally.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Irish surname mate, get it changed to Smith and you'll be BUZZING once again 😂😂😂

lol

It was actually my dog's name.

I'm a pie n chips, knotted hanky, burn in the summer Englishman.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bert said:

With the barge you’d struggle to stay on your feet running at half pace! Let alone the speeds Sterling reaches 

You say 'barge', I say 'touch'.

You might have had a point if Sterling was flying but (from memory) he had slowed  right down because of the Danish defenders in front of him.

Just about recovered, barely any sleep but it was worth it.

Yes it was a soft penalty but thought we deserved it, we were the best team on the night.  

As soon as the penalty was confirmed i said schmeichel will save it...my Leicester hat came back on.:D

Sometimes you need luck to progress and my word England are overdue some luck

Edited by purpleronnie
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, z-layrex said:

All of the xenophobia properly coming out from the European football community now. Seems we are royally despised as a nation.

The funny thing is that many try and keep an unbiased facade, but it's absolutely obvious how much they despise England.

There is enough to dislike us for without using a 50/50 penalty as the excuse to rant. Embrace the hate.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Raj said:

Be a good final of cheating diving teams!!!

If only we were as proficient in the dark arts as the Italians. Compare and contrast the last 15 minutes of last night with the same period of the Italy vs Belgium match. Did you notice how England game managed by skillfully passing the ball to retain possession whereas the Italians adopted a different approach. 

England have a long way to go to achieve parity with the Azzurri. 

Edited by Spudulike

UEFA are opening proceeding against England because of the laser pen aimed at Kasper in the run up to the penalty.

That pissed me off. I'd be fuming if an opposition fan tried that against Pickford. To be awarded a soft penalty and then try to blind the keeper?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, martyn said:

The funny thing is that many try and keep an unbiased facade, but it's absolutely obvious how much they despise England.

There is enough to dislike us for without using a 50/50 penalty as the excuse to rant. Embrace the hate.

It might also be because we're playing dull, dull defensive football with a characterless team. I don't think we need to see ourselves as victims somehow. Our football is hardly inspiring.

4 minutes ago, NasPb said:

This doesn't help either! 

6-1915.jpg

Nobody else would do that... like the Spanish, or French, or Italians or even more recently the zee Germans.

Of course there is an element of that, there is an element of English arrogance and behaviour abroad as well. 

I think there is an element of jealousy as well, that such a small county can still have such a global cultural impact long after the empire has gone. 

Oh and they hate that English has taken over as the main language. 

5 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

It might also be because we're playing dull, dull defensive football with a characterless team. I don't think we need to see ourselves as victims somehow. Our football is hardly inspiring.

I don't see England as victims. As i said, there are plenty of justifiable reasons as to why we're looked on dimly by other nations. But they should feel free to embrace that, not use a debatable penalty as the catalyst to let the mask slip and those feelings spill over.

As for the football - it's not a great watch, but i've seen worse. And there are very few "characters" in football full stop these days. Man for man this is the most likeable and relatable England group for a long time.

3 minutes ago, martyn said:

I don't see England as victims. As i said, there are plenty of justifiable reasons as to why we're looked on dimly by other nations. But they should feel free to embrace that, not use a debatable penalty as the catalyst to let the mask slip and those feelings spill over.

As for the football - it's not a great watch, but i've seen worse. And there are very few "characters" in football full stop these days. Man for man this is the most likeable and relatable England group for a long time.

Revelling in the hatred seems silly. It's like we're become Millwall's fanbase.

I'd say this is the least likeable. In fact, this is the first team where I hardly like any of the players. I preferred the last world cup somehow. It's got to the point where I'd say Grealish is one of the few "likeable" characters and that feels weird to type.

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Nobody else would do that... like the Spanish, or French, or Italians or even more recently the zee Germans.

Of course there is an element of that, there is an element of English arrogance and behaviour abroad as well. 

I think there is an element of jealousy as well, that such a small county can still have such a global cultural impact long after the empire has gone. 

Oh and they hate that English has taken over as the main language. 

Pretty much it.

2 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Revelling in the hatred seems silly. It's like we're become Millwall's fanbase.

I'd say this is the least likeable. In fact, this is the first team where I hardly like any of the players. I preferred the last world cup somehow. It's got to the point where I'd say Grealish is one of the few "likeable" characters and that feels weird to type.

You're making some leaps here. I'm not "revelling in the hatred", i'd rather people on the world stage actually like us!

As for the squad, young, very few ego's, and excellent camaraderie amongst the entire playing and management staff. Much rather that than the cliquey, underperforming squads of the past.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, martyn said:

You're making some leaps here. I'm not "revelling in the hatred", i'd rather people on the world stage actually like us!

As for the squad, young, very few ego's, and excellent camaraderie amongst the entire playing and management staff. Much rather that than the cliquey, underperforming squads of the past.

I agree the no egos thing, if true, will help the team.

43 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

If only we were as proficient in the dark arts as the Italians. Compare and contrast the last 15 minutes of last night with the same period of the Italy vs Belgium match. Did you notice how England game managed by skillfully passing the ball to retain possession whereas the Italians adopted a different approach. 

England have a long way to go to achieve parity with the Azzurri

What in winning tournaments??  Your definitely  right on that one!!!

3 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

You not an England fan then, Raj? 

I thought that England's extra-time performance last night was sensational. 

:englandsmile4wf:

I've explained  in  different  thread why I dont support England at any sport.

They did deserve to win yesterday  though I'll give them that....pity about the diving though....lol

Edited by Raj

5 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Very strange decision by the Denmark coaching staff to start building substations during the second half. That’s got to be a distraction for the players - couldn’t they at least have waited until after the game? Baffling.

I know ……… maybe they wanted the attack to be a bit more electrifying!  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Raj said:

I've explained  in  different  thread why I dont support England at any sport.

They did deserve to win yesterday  though I'll give them that....pity about the diving though....lol

That's a shame. I haven't read the other thread. 

My point still stands though: England are very far down the diving league table and it's very unfair to suggest otherwise. 

• Like 1

Sterling pen was not a dive he got clipped and then body checked on his hip and you ever ran and fallen over cos you lost your balance? it's very easy to do.

However it was soft but the ref was making decisions like that all game the free kick they won for instance was a group of players vying for position apparently shaw is the only one doing wrong.

And to all the anti english/british sentiment shove it where the sun doesn't shine your boring. 

Edited by LestaFox92
  • Like 2