Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

England v Denmark Weds 07/07/21 20:00

On 04/07/2021 at 17:48, Nalis said:

Is there much of a Danish expat community in England?

When international tournaments are on, it always surprises me to see the range of international shirts when I lived in London. For example, for the size and location of the country there are a ridiculous amount of Colombian shirts on show their during World Cups and Copa Americas campaigns.

I heard 8000 Danes are going. 

3 minutes ago, enmac said:

Difficult to love the England team when their fans boo the opposition Anthem. Know the players have nothing to do with it. Just makes every neutral support the other team.

It's not every fan is it?

So nervous about tonight, same feeling as pre match the German game. I was quietly confident about Ukraine game but looking at Denmark there good organised side with a class goalkeeper we know well. Heart says 1-0 win for the Three Lions... head says 0-1 to Denmark.

Just now, Tuna said:

It's not every fan is it?

No, but have you seen any other game in this tournament where a single fan has done it? 

It just never used to happen. Watched the 66 final as a youngster and I don't remember it happening then and that was only 21 years after the end of WW2. 

I know it's only a section of the population but something nasty has happened to this country. 

Line-ups
England
Formation 4-2-3-1

1Pickford
2Walker
5Stones
6Maguire
3Shaw
14Phillips
4Rice
25Saka
19Mount
10Sterling
9Kane

Substitutes
7Grealish
8Henderson
11Rashford
12Trippier
13Ramsdale
15Mings
16Coady
17Sancho
20Foden
23Johnstone
24James
26Bellingham
Denmark

1Schmeichel
6Christensen
4Kjaer
3Vestergaard
17Stryger Larsen
23Højbjerg
8Delaney
5Maehle
9Braithwaite
12Dolberg
14Damsgaard

Substitutes
2Andersen
7Skov
11Skov Olsen
13M Jorgensen
15Nørgaard
16Lössl
18Wass
19Wind
20Poulsen
21Cornelius
22Rönnow
24Jensen

Referee:
Danny Makkelie

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

To be fair we know pretty well what fans in some countries think about the England national team. 

And I remember a similar map being made for France vs Croatia last time out. 

Really looking forward to this now, more nervous than i thought i would be. I would absolutely love England to win, but am in no way expecting it. Denmark was my 2nd team of the tournament so i am a bit torn and if we don't win tonight i'd really like to see the Danes go on to lift the cup. 

Come on England, lets do this, lets play some decent football and ffs please don't let it get to penalties. 

10 minutes ago, bovril said:

To be fair we know pretty well what fans in some countries think about the England national team. 

And I remember a similar map being made for France vs Croatia last time out. 

I would imagine it’s not the team they have little respect for… more the travelling fans. 

Just now, Nick said:

I would imagine it’s not the team they have little respect for… more the travelling fans. 

No it's the team as well. I've lived in different countries in Europe and I know the attitude towards the French and English team from a lot of people. Not a majority of course. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, enmac said:

Difficult to love the England team when their fans boo the opposition Anthem. Know the players have nothing to do with it. Just makes every neutral support the other team.

I totally get what you’re saying, but national team sport is basically safe and sanctioned war and I rather like the medieval booing, much like I love the, ‘You’re shit! Aaaarrrrgggghhh’ after opposition keepers take GKs. 

30 minutes ago, enmac said:

No, but have you seen any other game in this tournament where a single fan has done it? 

It just never used to happen. Watched the 66 final as a youngster and I don't remember it happening then and that was only 21 years after the end of WW2. 

I know it's only a section of the population but something nasty has happened to this country. 

Maybe it's things like the daily mail whipping boomers up into a frenzy whenever we play Germany.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, enmac said:

I'm pretty sure I heard booing last night for the Spanish anthem. I'd be disappointed if England booed the anthem tonight, but Germany and Scotland? Come on

Guest StevieLynex

Have to do it tonight and then on Sunday. These sort of opportunities - playing at home, with a favourable draw through to the final - may not happen that often