Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Mikkel Damsgaard

6 hours ago, shen said:

He did a fair bit more than score the free kick. He has high natural ability  but there are rightly question marks over his physicality. He seems very similar to Maddison to me, minus the arrogance. Good free kick taker, great vision and has quick feet, but lacking overall pace and strength.

Is that worth 40 million? I don't know why people are having this conversation when we need a RW anyway. 

2 minutes ago, scinnell said:

Is that worth 40 million? I don't know why people are having this conversation when we need a RW anyway. 

I must have missed the part where someone quoted $40 million for Damsgaard.  He'll never go for that much.

I get the concerns over his ability to adapt to the pace and physicality of the PL, and the question of need and best allocation of limited financial resources is a valid one.  But strictly on his own terms this kid has something special - you can see it watching him.  A tremendous understanding of the game and vision for such a young player.

He's got something of a young Sigurdson to him.  A guy who may struggle to influence the game for stretches but can produce magic out of nothing.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Paddy. said:

Damsgaard has the rare quality of looking like a 10 year old and a 51 year old at the same time.

On that basis, it's a yes from me.

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.a2c293cfab3d6436bdee6b9c951ea7eb.jpg

I said the same exact thing to the people I was watching the semifinal with. 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I think Rogers wants pace on the right wing as a priority. This lad seems an odd fit unless we are shifting either Madders or Perez to another club.

Agree right wing is the priority but in an ideal world something new is also needed in that 10 type position as Maddison picks up a lot of injuries and Perez is garbage.

4 hours ago, dbtcity said:

We were linked with him in January weren’t we so I don’t get where this signing players based off a major tournament has come from 🤷🏼‍♂️

The issue is rather than playing a realistic price, you pay massively over the odds.

His club paid 6m for him last summer, he's had a very average season. After a couple of decent games at the Euros, people are talking about 30m.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I prefer to buy off the back of a bad tournament. Let's get Dan James in.

He had a good tournament but he does have a bad back. 

18 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Buying after a good tournament is a classic error teams have made many a time. It's just slightly annoying in this instance as I'm sure someone had said we'd been looking at him before this. There'll be no value in it at all now.

If we have been tracking him for some time, ( which we usually do) his performances at the tournament should be irrelevant.