Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Mikkel Damsgaard

I like him from what I've seen 

Price wise how often have we seen City advertised with players costing £40mil such as Tielemans etc? He was £33mil in the end so I'm not sure I beleive the figures and as a club we are renowned at making deals work and stretching fees.

16 minutes ago, MPH said:

Yeah I think their president said that his value has increased since the tournament!

Value is a strange thing, only truly being what somebody will pay for something. Otherwise it’s just meaningless numbers - which is how I have felt every time I’ve been to Harrods. 

so they can ask what they like. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Value is a strange thing, only truly being what somebody will pay for something. Otherwise it’s just meaningless numbers - which is how I have felt every time I’ve been to Harrods. 

so they can ask what they like. 

Or the lowest price someone is willing to sell for. A player could be worth £80m to his current club but others may only offer £60m. Does that mean he’s worth £60m? 

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Dan LCFC said:

Villa again. Bloody hell.

Even with Grealish going that'd be a lot spent on attacking midfield options.

Damsgaard, Buendia, Bailey, 3 behind Watkins, I really hope they all flop lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Villa are doing an Everton…

Easy inference to make, but let's be honest, it does look much better, and we would likely be happy with the vast majority of there's (subject to us needing to fill the same positions) unlike most of Everton's dilge splurges.

20 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Sorry, didn't know where to put this so just did a search for "grealish" (prompted by reading this)

Will be amusing to see grealish being the first name on Southgate's team sheet immediately after he moves to man city (if obviously)

Much like Sancho 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Easy inference to make, but let's be honest, it does look much better, and we would likely be happy with the vast majority of there's (subject to us needing to fill the same positions) unlike most of Everton's dilge splurges.

I wouldn’t, with the possible exception of Buendia.

I used to get upset about teams like Everton and Villa signing great prospects, but now I just remember they’re having to do so just for the right to maybe finish 6th at best.

Meanwhile we’ve won the Premier League, The FA Cup, got to a champions league QF and finished in the top 6 three out of seven seasons. 

So yeah… hahahahahhahahahahha. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Chucking money at anything with a pulse. 

Villa been buying quite smart maybe it's cos of Shakespeare. Hmm Everton recruitment has been awful since they replaced Walsh with Brands as their DOF, eg.wasted about 30m on Arsenal deadwood Iwobi and Man city players like  Fabien Delph, the Everton owner is really clueless on running a clib

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I’d be shocked by this but even so, this is a risky signing for me. Will take a while to settle in I suspect.

3 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Let's be fair, Damsgaard, Buendia and Bailley behind Watkins with McGinn and that Brazilian fella (can't mind his name) at CM is POTENTIALLY a very exciting team. 

Very exciting. However, if I was a Villa fan, I’d be more interested in who they were intending to sign to bolster the defence?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Let's be fair, Damsgaard, Buendia and Bailley behind Watkins with McGinn and that Brazilian fella (can't mind his name) at CM is POTENTIALLY a very exciting team. 

They will still have Mings in defence thou...........................