Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Mikkel Damsgaard

26 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Haven’t Villa spent 90m NET last season and 70m NET this season (so far)?

That is nothing like us. :blink:

We're on something like £50m net this season so far...?

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes we are, but we normally sell an asset, this was my point

Well you kind of need the assets to be able to sell them. Looks like they will with Grealish tbf.

Just now, shen said:

If Man City's interest is genuine? Yes, absolutely.

It’s interesting tbh, as he is a dyed in the wool fan, grew up in the shadow of Villa Park (so the internet tells me), so there is the possibility for loyalty to play a part. Or maybe I am delusional romantic.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

So it appears on paper but that first window under Walsh and Koeman everyone was brown nosing Everton. It's easy to look back and pick it apart because most of them failed but they were probably comparable players to the likes of Buendia and Damsgaard. For example Klaasen was like Donny Van De Beek in that he was Ajax's blue eyed boy and a huge talent, he came to the PL and was muck.

....having Koeman in charge probably didn't help!!!

Guest Chocolate Teapot
34 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It’s interesting tbh, as he is a dyed in the wool fan, grew up in the shadow of Villa Park (so the internet tells me), so there is the possibility for loyalty to play a part. Or maybe I am delusional romantic.

Hes a man utd fan. Absolute nonsense he's a Villa fan.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

So it appears on paper but that first window under Walsh and Koeman everyone was brown nosing Everton. It's easy to look back and pick it apart because most of them failed but they were probably comparable players to the likes of Buendia and Damsgaard. For example Klaasen was like Donny Van De Beek in that he was Ajax's blue eyed boy and a huge talent, he came to the PL and was muck.

The only point I would make is they brought Klaaseen, Sigurðsson and Rooney who virtual all wanted to play as a 10 or ACM.

Spending 70m on two player Klaaseen, Sigurðsson in the processes, it was a bit like arsenal when they seem to keep buying a new 10 every season.

They also splashed 47m on Wilcott and Tosun in January :facepalm:

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

The only point I would make is they brought Klaaseen, Sigurðsson and Rooney who virtual all wanted to play as a 10 or ACM.

Spending 70m on two player Klaaseen, Sigurðsson in the processes, it was a bit like arsenal when they seem to keep buying a new 10 every season.

Yeah on the face of it it all look a bit silly but Villa if they get Damsgaard will have signed x 2 10's and a winger and could fail to get the right mix.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AjcW said:

Be interesting to see how well Dean Smith does with all this talent, egos, etc etc.

He’s a shoe in for next England manager if he keeps Villa ticking along well.

He’s a good manager, considering how gash Villa were in their first season (pre-lockdown), finishing 11th on 55 points last season is good going. Especially when they have quite a few dossers in their ranks like Luiz and Mings.

Bailey, Buendia, Damsgaard, Traore, El Ghazi, Watkins, McGinn, Konsa, Martinez & Cash is a good crop of players.

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Everton have spent horribly over the last 3-4 years, got to be the worst in the prem (alongside Fulham splashing 100m and being awful a couple of years back).

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Stadt said:

He’s a good manager, considering how gash Villa were in their first season (pre-lockdown), finishing 11th on 55 points last season is good going. Especially when they have quite a few dossers in their ranks like Luiz and Mings.

Bailey, Buendia, Damsgaard, Traore, El Ghazi, Watkins, McGinn, Konsa, Martinez & Cash is a good crop of players.

Not going to complain that they are a good group of players but Villa might just wobble this season, that's how vital Grealish is to them whether on or off the pitch if he's sold.

36 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Not going to complain that they are a good group of players but Villa might just wobble this season, that's how vital Grealish is to them whether on or off the pitch if he's sold.

Grealish only started 24 games in the league last season so I think they’ll get over it.  Buendia got 15 goals and 15 assists last season - obviously he won’t get those figures in the PL but I think he’ll be great for Villa. It’s all a bit annoying because their fans are massive bin liners 

12 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Grealish only started 24 games in the league last season so I think they’ll get over it.  Buendia got 15 goals and 15 assists last season - obviously he won’t get those figures in the PL but I think he’ll be great for Villa. It’s all a bit annoying because their fans are massive bin liners 

I remembered him being on the sidelines but didn't realise he only made 24 starts. Too many twinkle toes tripping and hurting his nails. When he came on in the euros and on his second touch he was walking into the box casually rolling the ball with that swaggering micro walk. I felt so sick it was cringey.

They've done OK in the market to date, with current ffp issues of their own I can only imagine the sale of him was pre arranged. If they stay up this year then villa have got a lot of financial consolidating to do over the next 5 years or so as their spending is more than wayward.

6 hours ago, Stadt said:

They showed relegation form in those 14 games he missed.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, ItaloEnglish said:

Hello all,

I am a half Italian half English, I live in Italia and support Sampdoria for all my life.

I have to clear a few things up - Damsgaard has not been average for us at all. Maybe if you look at his goals/Assists. But his underlying stats are insanely good.

And he has influenced a lot of games - He often gets the play going, and sets up the assistmaker. 

Also, he has come in off the bench alot, as our Coach didn't really play a style suited to him. 

He has been very good, especillay against big teams like Inter, Milan, and so on.

Also, he has been good for Dennmark before the Euros aswell - And in the Euros, did more than score goals. 

There are many vids on YT, showing his abilities. 

I will say tho, that imo he is not suited for the prem, I hope he stays in Seria A, or goes to La Liga, or BuLI.

Our owner, wants Roma to buy him. 

It's good to have more info about him, I don't really know anything other than what I saw in the Euros, so thanks for that.

From what you've said, it seems like his xT (the new 'expected threat' metric) might be quite good.

• Like 1