Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

EURO 2020 FINAL. England v Italy. At Wembley. Thread.

9 hours ago, Bert said:

Yeah majority of people talking like this are predominantly rugby fans who drink each other’s piss like it’s normal. I’ve seen people saying they want Italy to win because Raheem Sterling cheated to win a penalty. They seem to forget Mexico ‘86, South Africa ‘14. 

I’ve seen Italy fans with flags saying “**** the queen” which surprisingly these do gooders haven’t batted an eyelid towards. 

Thursday morning at work we were all talking about the game, laughing and joking about the night before’s antics. A science teacher walked in the staff room, rolled her eyes and went “eeugh, football”. Turns out she’s an avid rugby follower. 

I’m not saying our fans are angels, both Leicester and England have some right mouth breathers following us but the ignorance and arrogance from people who don’t like or get football is beyond embarrassing. 

Or Rugby,Hockey..

i like all sports,I Enjoy & understand many sports....Never understand how some actual fans of any sport, can Dick-off Another sport...

Friends & Colleges English or otherwise in my circles, who/where some Enjoy a particular individual sport, still Enjoy watching/talking and get into the banter

of those other sports..Also including ex- teammates, through Athletics/ Rugby/ Football ..

There will always be somewhere, that women,that guy, in the office/factory/shop, who come up, with blind incompetent,Unknowledgable, hatefull,nonsense remarks over the "Sport of the day"..

Look at what shit English Journals have come out with,then what they Report what Trash apparently other nations Media Love to dish out...

And alot of people Show their  gullabilty, in lapping up the Paparazzi noise...

15 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Hope you all enjoy watching Scotlands Coastal Railways with Julie Walters on Channel 4 tomorrow night

Thanks man. See you in the pre show thread

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Whatever happens tomorrow I think we can say England have certainly gave the fans a run for their money. Certainly progression from the semis from the world cup.

Losing a final would be heart breaking, still a great achievement for such a young side but come on we can do this 

11 hours ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

Maybe it's because of posts like this one below, that you made in the England/Denmark thread that England fans adopt a siege mentality when these types of games come along. Looks like you had some 'grievances' you were airing, under the guise of fifa rankings. It was thinly veiled though. Maybe you meant it to be humourous, it didn't strike as such.

Boo hoo .. the FIFA rankings aren’t the most accurate … dry your little eyes, ditch that strawman, and find some way to tell me that missing Belgium, France, Portugal, Spain and Netherlands, hasn’t been an undeniably easy draw in front of home crowds.

England have yet to convince the world.  You have one more shot.  If you smash Italy, you’ll be worthy champions.  Hell, even if you win it on another Sterling dive, you’ll have something for England fans to enjoy for your lifetimes.  And as I've already clearly stated, you damned well should and will enjoy it.

At the same time, there’s a planet full of fans called “neutrals” for whom the Three Lions shirt doesn’t change certain players we don’t like, from clubs we don’t like, into players we do like.  And many of us aren’t fully convinced by what we’ve seen out of them so far.  Why on earth would we be?!  It’s been good, smart, but utterly run-of-the-mill tournament football.

I personally don’t favor either side going into Sunday, I’d just like to see a great match.  And if England prevail in a great match, hats off.

3 hours ago, KingsX said:

dry your little eyes, ditch that strawman, 

England have yet to convince the world.  You have one more shot.  If you smash Italy, you’ll be worthy champions.  Hell, even if you win it on another Sterling dive, you’ll have something for England fans to enjoy for your lifetimes.  And as I've already clearly stated, you damned well should and will enjoy it.

At the same time, there’s a planet full of fans called “neutrals” for whom the Three Lions shirt doesn’t change certain players we don’t like, from clubs we don’t like, into players we do like.  And many of us aren’t fully convinced by what we’ve seen out of them so far.  Why on earth would we be?!  It’s been good, smart, but utterly run-of-the-mill tournament football.

I personally don’t favor either side going into Sunday

1. No crying here sunshine. There's a game to look forward too.

2. I couldn't give a shiny shite if England 'convince the rest of the World' or you, how's that? 

3. Your definition of 'neutral', in your case, doesn't really seem to add up.

4. Hahaha, that why you posted your England 'car crash' comments before the Denmark match saying England were lucky to miss the Welsh and Switzerland lol and why you posted a mural of Italy players with the caption 'It's coming home' earlier in the tournament? Stick by your guns, have some balls and fully nail your colours to the opponents mast.

As I said, thinly veiled.

Edit - When you say 'If you smash Italy, you'll be worthy champions', how much do England have to beat an Italian team undefeated in 33 matches by, to be worthy champions, in your opinion? By smash, do you mean 3-0? 4-0? 5-0? I'm assuming by your wording that a 2-0 England win just wouldn't be good enough.

I'd be interested to know 

Edited by Duquesne Whistle
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I keep changing my mind between us losing on pens or winning 2-0 in normal time.

Another 13 hours of indecision :unsure:

Your going to be mentally  exhausted come kick off!!!

Dont forget your Sunday afternoon  nap pre game!

• Haha 1

I'm definitely not nearly as nervous as I was on FA cup final day, but that might change as the day wears on I suppose. 

I think I'm finding it hard to believe that we're actually here after waiting for so long! The difference between the two, for me, is that if I'm honest I never really expected City to win the cup however much I wanted it. But all my football supporting life I've had the expectation for England to do well drummed into me, with all the disappointment that has always followed. 

Here's hoping today will be different :)

I do wonder if Sterling's card will be marked regarding the referee. Of course he had a reputation before but the World and its uncle saw the semi final "penalty" and surely that includes tonights ref. I wouldn't be surprised if there are 2-3 occasions where he'll go down in the box tonight and one could even be legitimate but could see us not getting any sympathy. Having said that, by rights all 11 Italians would have their card marked too after that pantomime of a semi final.

Another angle is the potential heroes / match winners we have. Whilst the clean sheets and team work has been highlighted Kane and Sterling have been the key goalscorers, Could Grealish (Who has  had some praise for putting goals on a plate), Rashford (after all the work on the food for children campaign), Foden, pains me to say...Mount, Sancho or Sako be the goalscorer that would go down in history? Slab-head even?

Gut feeling 0-0 and pens, just hope we really go for it in extra time if that's the case and do everything we can to avoid penalties by order of my GP.  

43 minutes ago, StanSP said:

BUZZING

That really is brilliant. Goosebumps and just a bit choked. I don't know what's going on at the moment, whether it's because of what we've been through or something else, but this stuff is really getting to me. The FA Cup final left me in bits and just seeing this stuff, like the little girls reaction to being given Mason Mounts shirt, tugs at the heart strings.