Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

EURO 2020 FINAL. England v Italy. At Wembley. Thread.

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

As long as we win I couldn't care less.

Grealish dive for a pen? Fine. A Ronaldo-esque wink to the bench from Kane after getting Chiellini sent off? Please. The Man United lads parading the trophy infront of Mancini? Go on then.

If you can't beat them, join them.

Good luck today guys!

Enjoy the rollercoaster of feelings, you will probably go through today.

As one of very few danes (you are really not popular over here with dodgy pen win, laser on Schmeichel, booing our national anthem and a bit too many stories of our exile danes being assaulted attending the semifinal), I hope you will bury the hoodoo and claim a major tournament again finally.

It looks destined for you with how things have turned out with Corona making home advantage even bigger and a somehow rather easy route to the final. But that just makes the pressure bigger and you normally crumble on that, but this team of yours seem to handle that brilliantly, which is probably due Southgate and huge respect for that. 

Think you will dominate international football for a while with Premier League being strong and your talent pool something else, so lay down the marker today.  

I still hate box flopper Sterling by the way.... ;)

• Like 1

It's good the FA Cup final wasn't a 8pm kick off, I'd never have made it. 

I don't feel too nervous, I'm expecting to get beat and whilst it will be disappointing seeing those smug Italian faces celebrating, I don't think I'll be too upset. 

As a side, the amount of 'celebs', ex sports people that  have bagged themselves tickets is astonishing. Only ones that can afford the ticket price I guess. I hope there is a big core who can get the boys going if needed. 

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This is Raheem Sterling's World, we're just visiting. He will deliver. I still can't believe that 35 yard thunderbastard he hit in the 2014 World Cup vs them lot didn't go in, the net bulged. I'm not having it.

The greatest England goal that never was.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

Good luck today guys!

As one of very few danes (you are really not popular over here with dodgy pen win, laser on Schmeichel, booing our national anthem and a bit too many stories of our exile danes being assaulted attending the semifinal), I hope you will bury the hoodoo and claim a major tournament again finally.

It looks destined for you with how things have turned out with Corona making home advantage even bigger and a somehow rather easy route to the final. But that just makes the pressure bigger and you normally crumble on that, but this team of yours seem to handle that brilliantly, which is probably due Southgate and huge respect for that. 

Think you will dominate international football for a while with Premier League being strong and your talent pool something else, so lay down the marker today.  

Sounds like you've never seen a soft penalty before. It happens weekly in all major leagues and international tournaments and we've seen enough being City fans many, many times. 

As soft penalties go, it wasn't that soft. If it was then VAR would've overturned it. I'm sure that you could look back on dodgy decisions favouring Denmark along the way but I don't think other fans are as salty. 

The laser pen was unforgivable but only one idiot. Booing anthems isn't unique to England but poor nonetheless. I'm sure that you also have idiots in Denmark. 

England have a very likeable squad of young players and a manager that could work for the diplomatic service. If Europe can't support us now against a dubious (being kind) Italian team then they never will. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

Good luck today guys!

I mean, I had nothing to do with any of that.

Looks like I’m gonna be stranded in London for the game, thanks to GWR staff all getting conveniently pinged by test and trace on the same day as the final.... 

Anyone know any (ideally outdoor) places to watch the game in the capital? 

5 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Sounds like you've never seen a soft penalty before. It happens weekly in all major leagues and international tournaments and we've seen enough being City fans many, many times. 

As soft penalties go, it wasn't that soft. If it was then VAR would've overturned it. I'm sure that you could look back on dodgy decisions favouring Denmark along the way but I don't think other fans are as salty. 

The laser pen was unforgivable but only one idiot. Booing anthems isn't unique to England but poor nonetheless. I'm sure that you also have idiots in Denmark. 

England have a very likeable squad of young players and a manager that could work for the diplomatic service. If Europe can't support us now against a dubious (being kind) Italian team then they never will. 

I want to argue, but I better not.

Enjoy your day and good luck tonight. :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Looks like I’m gonna be stranded in London for the game, thanks to GWR staff all getting conveniently pinged by test and trace on the same day as the final.... 

Anyone know any (ideally outdoor) places to watch the game in the capital? 

Got reported that not one of London's 4000 pubs had a table spare for today, unsurprisingly.

47 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Wow... I don't think there has EVER been a comment on FT that disagreed with more!

I've never really understood why late kickoffs are even an accepted thing. Local time tonight is 8pm but in Europe they're often kicking off at 9pm. Meaning they are playing until 11pm or even later if extra time is needed. 

Surely that isn't the best time for professional athletes to get peak physical and mental performance given how the body clock works. 

If afternoon kickoffs aren't practical then 7pm should be the absolute latest time IMO. 

• Like 1