Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

EURO 2020 FINAL. England v Italy. At Wembley. Thread.

4 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I've never really understood why late kickoffs are even an accepted thing. Local time tonight is 8pm but in Europe they're often kicking off at 9pm. Meaning they are playing until 11pm or even later if extra time is needed. 

Surely that isn't the best time for professional athletes to get peak physical and mental performance given how the body clock works. 

If afternoon kickoffs aren't practical then 7pm should be the absolute latest time IMO. 

It makes no sense for me either. The same with midweek concerts. I get up at 5.30 most week days, so its only Leicester making me stay up these days.

9 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I've never really understood why late kickoffs are even an accepted thing. Local time tonight is 8pm but in Europe they're often kicking off at 9pm. Meaning they are playing until 11pm or even later if extra time is needed. 

Surely that isn't the best time for professional athletes to get peak physical and mental performance given how the body clock works. 

If afternoon kickoffs aren't practical then 7pm should be the absolute latest time IMO. 

TV, they pull the strings and football dances to it.

55 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Eh? Why, what's up with them? 

Wrong with them? I wouldn't say there is anything wrong wing them. At the end of the day, I don't know the lads but as for how they come across in the media or on the pitch, I've always found the likes of Pickford, Trippier, Graelish, Sterling, Kane (and more recently) Chilwell, Maguire, very DISLIKEABLE and as far as comments I've saw on here in the past, take the 3 lions off their chest and most would agree. 

Rashford I will give you. Impossible not to like that lad. 

6 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Wrong with them? I wouldn't say there is anything wrong wing them. At the end of the day, I don't know the lads but as for how they come across in the media or on the pitch, I've always found the likes of Pickford, Trippier, Graelish, Sterling, Kane (and more recently) Chilwell, Maguire, very DISLIKEABLE and as far as comments I've saw on here in the past, take the 3 lions off their chest and most would agree. 

Rashford I will give you. Impossible not to like that lad. 

Wow, is that it? I thought it must be something seriously bad for it to be the most disagreeable comment that you've ever seen on FT. Phew. 

36 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Surprised to go back to a back 5 with Saka being dropped. Also surprised Mount hasn’t been dropped. 

I’m surprised that you’re surprised ………… the manager is very conservative in his approach ….sure it’s working out for him but really not surprised  

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’m surprised that you’re surprised ………… the manager is very conservative in his approach ….sure it’s working out for him but really not surprised  

Saka the main one that is surprising.

5 hours ago, Nalis said:

It is crazy to think England havent been to a major final since 1966, guess its a combination of poor or underachieving teams over certain eras.

I think we have had list of poor manager's since Sir Alf which hasn't helped... Revie, Greenwood, Taylor, Keegan, Eriksson, McClaren, Capello and Hodgson. More bad ones than good ones.

From social media, it looks like it's kicking off down there with people not able to tolerate their intake.

There are hours yet to go.  

Wouldn't want to be a copper or an A&E worker down that way, for all the tea in China.