Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

EURO 2020 FINAL. England v Italy. At Wembley. Thread.

Just now, Vacamion said:

From social media, it looks like it's kicking off down there with people not able to tolerate their intake.

There are hours yet to go.  

Wouldn't want to be a copper or an A&E worker down that way, for all the tea in China.

It was inevitable. People were always gonna be out early doors today. Seen people on it at 9am. As always the small minority ruin things for the rest. 

4 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

From social media, it looks like it's kicking off down there with people not able to tolerate their intake.

There are hours yet to go.  

Wouldn't want to be a copper or an A&E worker down that way, for all the tea in China.

I’ve seen nothing but blokes with flares up their arses.

This easy run we've had, to put another spin on it, includes

Croatia, who beat us a few years ago and were classed as good until the day after we played them

Scotland, always gonna be trickier than on paper

Czech Republic, who we lost to a few years back, went on to the quarter finals having beaten Holland, who were being mentioned in the same breath as Italy a few weeks back

Germany - if we lost to them we'd be told we'd gone out to the first good team we played. As it turns out, they're not good anymore

Ukraine - had the potential to be tricky but demolished them, away from home.

Denmark - couldn't beat them on two occasions last year, nowhere near as easy as people make out

I don't deny it could have been a far trickier route to the final, but "easy" is disrespectful to a few teams there that showed to be anything but pushovers. Add to that the people who try to take the shine off our achievement probably rate us as average at best... beating fellow average nations can't bad that straight forward a job?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Walkers said:

This easy run we've had, to put another spin on it, includes

Croatia, who beat us a few years ago and were classed as good until the day after we played them

Scotland, always gonna be trickier than on paper

Czech Republic, who we lost to a few years back, went on to the quarter finals having beaten Holland, who were being mentioned in the same breath as Italy a few weeks back

Germany - if we lost to them we'd be told we'd gone out to the first good team we played. As it turns out, they're not good anymore

Ukraine - had the potential to be tricky but demolished them, away from home.

Denmark - couldn't beat them on two occasions last year, nowhere near as easy as people make out

I don't deny it could have been a far trickier route to the final, but "easy" is disrespectful to a few teams there that showed to be anything but pushovers. Add to that the people who try to take the shine off our achievement probably rate us as average at best... beating fellow average nations can't bad that straight forward a job?

Idea this was an easy run is nonsense, can’t understand people saying it is.

Croatia, Germany ,Denmark as well as Czech and Ukraine to a lesser extent were all capable of beating us if we didn’t turn up

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

Why on earth would you get so pissed you end up fighting the police or are barely able to watch the match?

Never, ever understood it. At the FA cup final the bloke in front of me was that pissed he fell asleep for the entire first half, threw up and left at half time… what a ****ing waste. Imagine getting a golden ticket to Wembley for this match, and then ending up in a cell for the night…… lunacy. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Never, ever understood it. At the FA cup final the bloke in front of me was that pissed he fell asleep for the entire first half, threw up and left at half time… what a ****ing waste. Imagine getting a golden ticket to Wembley for this match, and then ending up in a cell for the night…… lunacy. 

Greatest day of my football supporting life but I remember nothing about it because I was blind drunk.

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

But I bet you made it all the way through the game?

Oh yes, not drinking alcohol helps ;) 

Just the amount of people who are saying how brilliant this is, and the cup final was, and plenty will remember nothing was the basis of my comment.

Guest StevieLynex
21 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Idea this was an easy run is nonsense, can’t understand people saying it is.

Croatia, Germany ,Denmark as well as Czech and Ukraine to a lesser extent were all capable of beating us if we didn’t turn up

Just as well San Marino didn't qualify and played us - I would have feared the worst

Edited by StevieLynex