Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

EURO 2020 FINAL. England v Italy. At Wembley. Thread.

They have a keeper who is about 7ft so we settle for penalties, the love in for Southgate needs to stop, we have had 2 major tournaments where everything has gone in our favour. Could not get more favourable draws and home advantage 

• Like 1

Gutted and pretty furious to be honest. Cannot understand why on earth you piss about with those daft stuttering run ups. Really feel for Saka should never have been put in that position and should have been hooked in extra time.

• Like 1

Absolutely ridiculous choice of pen takers. 

Rashford and Sancho have barely kicked a ball in the tournament, Saka is a kid, I mean really all three are. 

Reminds me of our senior players letting Knockaert take THAT pen. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 4

Anyone remember when at wembley i believe, puel brought vardy on to directly take a penalty?

same thing. u cant do that. players need to be warm. good for italy though. they play great football as a neutral and mancini deserved this. 

southgate caused this more than anything. 

from a moroccan whos not italian or english!

Just now, Col city fan said:

Southgate has made some good decisions this tournament

To give that 5th decision to Saka was crazy crazy management. You could see the poor lad was shitting his pants as he ran up

That HAD to be Grealish 

But if he's confident about it in the team talk? He can't change the decision as he takes his walk up... 

Just now, ttfn said:

You’re inferring something that hasn’t been said or implied.

Well if my memory serves me correctly you said Southgate takes 100% of the blame. Sort of suggests Rashford/Sancho aren't to blame at all? Or are you one of these 110% sorta guys?

It is funny how people are crapping on Southgate yet he got the team to the final, a very young team… and lost it by just penalties.   Hard but you can’t say the team hasn’t delivered a great tournament. Didn’t get it done against an experienced Italy side but nothing to be ashamed about 

• Haha 1

Sorry but that's on Southgate all the way. Waited far too long to make changes in the 2nd half when we were getting overrun all over the pitch then bottled it again in extra time. No way should Saka be put in the position of taking the 5th penalty. Really disappointed with his decision making tonight.

4 minutes ago, ttfn said:

He brought them on specifically to take pens. There’s no way that’s the first time they’ve ever done that.

Fair play to Pickford saving 2 pens by the way.

I agree he brought them on specifically to take pens. I'm not absolving him totally of the blame. I said it was more of a collective as opposed to just one person. If he brings them on with the trust to score, what else can he do? 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Absolutely ridiculous choice of pen takers. 

Rashford and Sancho have barely kicked a ball in the tournament, Saka is a kid, I mean really all three are. 

Reminds me of our senior players letting Knockaert take THAT pen. 

I really thought he'd kept Henderson on for them. Stones has good technique.

Rashford I understand because he takes them for his club, I'd assume Sancho doesn't and Saka surely hasn't taken one in professional football?

1 minute ago, winteriscoming said:

We have Mancini in charge we win it. Southgate is too negative and played for penalties. 

Mancini did much the same in the semi and the final...

Southgate and his bizarre attitude to subs is once again the key sticking point for us.  Really bizarre to make 2 substitutions with 1 minute of time left:  No time to have an impact and magnifies the pressure on them to score their penalties, which they didn't.  Really strange management, even worse than his reluctance to bring on Vardy against Croatia probably.

It's not on Southgate, where are the more senior players stepping up? Grealish, Walker, Shaw? Why is a 19 year old going "I'll take the 5th" and the team letting him. 

Edited by wardyfox86
Walker went off, but point still stands.