Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

EURO 2020 FINAL. England v Italy. At Wembley. Thread.

It's very difficult to understand Southgates Modus Operandi , too few subs in the 90 mins , goes back five and straight away you're playing 25 yards deeper and inviting pressure from the opposition, then the inevitable happens and they score. 

What I find ironic is he seemed to be planning for a pen shoot out early in the match and still managed to royally fcuk it up.

• Like 1

Those pens were shocking i'm sorry I could of told you last week where sancho was putting with how he telegraphed it, southgate should have subbed on earlier we looked like we could have won it with more time also saka was really bad for us today did nothing of note and broke up our attacks about 3-4 times.

5 minutes ago, Bert said:

Heartbreaking. Didn’t lose all tournament. Conceded two goals. Poor penalties are what have stopped us  but what a ride. What a tournament. Proud of the team. Proud Englishman. We’ll be back. One day, it will happen. At least all you doom & gloom merchants have got something to moan about. Enjoy it. 

Not with Gareth in charge will you be back! 

Just now, Nalis said:

If Southgate takes the blame for losing this, does he get credit for getting England to the final?

Yes, he’s been good in parts but overly cautious in others. 

He’s assembled a team hard to beat, but put too much emphasis on that rather than attack for me.

In my personal opinion he didn’t need to be so negative on his set up, there always seemed to be a gear extra to go to, and he never seemed to use it. I think he’s tried not to fall into the trap that previous managers have by trying to play all of the best players in one team. But then in turn didn’t react quick enough in moments when England were under pressure or on top of games. 

If he gets that right England will be an absolute force, this could be the best thing that’s happened to him, because in only 18 months There is a World Cup, and there is not much that needs to be tweaked to get this England team to the top. 

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Semi final in 2018 and final in 2021. England have done much better than any generation since 1966. This team deserve respect. 

Failure is failure. They've done better than anyone before them for a long time (which isn't hard) but it means nothing now.

Obviously I'm hurt and angry but if you see progress instead of failure then good on you.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Mike Oxlong said:

I hope Chilly was having giggles and high fives with Jorginho 

No doubt he’s swapped his pants with him or something 

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

I agree Bert but I feel very confused and let down by giving that last penalty to Saka

THAT was poor poor management. Couldn’t he see how the kid had played tonight?

Utterly bewildering 

Poor management indeed friend. I amongst many others are bewildered to the game management. But we came so far. 

Sad that people will rather focus on the negatives then the positives. Of course it’s raw and we ate devastated we’ve lost but some people are instantly thrilled to come out with all the negative nonsense. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, trabuch said:

So are we still not allowed to slag off Southgate? His management in that game was bloody awful. Mancini absolutely battered him.

I don’t think anyone truly thinks Southgate is some sort of tactical genius and clearly Mancini is a far superior manager but that’s not to say he’s not done an amazing job