Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

EURO 2020 FINAL. England v Italy. At Wembley. Thread.

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah absolutely.  Think it's acceptable to be of both opinions 

Again I agree.

Southgate has done well to get us to the final

Then unfortunately bottled it in the final

I think both are valid opinions 

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

It could be worse I could’ve opted for the Foden haircut like a lot of weapons have gone for. Christ imagine waking up with a hangover and that monstrosity of a lid. 

😂

Surely as a manager you're having to balance who is good at penalties and who feels confident at taking them at the time? Doubt he was forced to go 5th, but can see him perhaps being a bit reluctant to say no. More disappointed at the more senior players who seemed less keen to take one than him

• Like 3

Southgate. Way too passive. Italy took control of the game (especially in the second half) and he didn't respond. Mancini positively changed formation/players and Southgate couldn't (or wouldn't) react. Italy deserved to win tbh but Southgate has to take responsibility in not making sure earlier that we should have deserved it. Because of that it feels like a massive missed opportunity. Then bringing on Sancho and Rashford (who barely, if at all, touched the ball) in the last minute to take pens is just madness. It's not acceptable imo. Made even worse THAT HE KNOWS WHAT IT'S LIKE TO MISS A PEN IN A TOURNAMENT! Who does that? 

• Like 4

As much as I’ve been positive from the start and throughout, I have to be honest and say the game management was poor. To sit on a 1-0 Lead and try and close the game out after 2 minutes was dreadful. Poor use of substations. It’s so so disappointing, because we have come so near, yet so far. 

• Like 1

lol

I knew there would be people that loved how he played before now confused when he plays the same way and it doesnt work lol

First half was superb, defended well and attacked and pressed with purpose. Rest was more the way southgate likes to play.

No qualms with Italy winning that,

they absolutely deserved it. Chiesa is some player

The future is bright for us in the right hands. We have some unbelievable talent available

Just now, HoChiMinhFOX said:

Imagine giving the most important penalties to players who've not only hardly played in the tournament but are 23, 20/21 and 19. What a joke.

Don't care if 23 is young, Rashford has been around playing at the highest level for long enough to have no excuses for missing in the manner in which he did

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Gutted and pretty furious to be honest. Cannot understand why on earth you piss about with those daft stuttering run ups. Really feel for Saka should never have been put in that position and should have been hooked in extra time.

I have to say, the penos are a lottery but didn’t get the Saka love in, he’s been shit since his 1 good performance against Germany,  semi & final he looked like a rabbit in the headlights

Just now, Bert said:

As much as I’ve been positive from the start and throughout, I have to be honest and say the game management was poor. To sit on a 1-0 Lead and try and close the game out after 2 minutes was dreadful. Poor use of substations. It’s so so disappointing, because we have come so near, yet so far. 

England have been doing it as long as I remember.

Southgate did things no previous manager achieved - he formed a club mentality within an international squad. 

He also utterly failed to capitalise on the attacking strength within the team. 

I’m left feeling as feckin annoyed as at every previous tournament since I was 10. I’m so sick of failure, I’m so sick of the lack of ambition to take the game to the opposition. 

Yep, the squad are likeable. Yep, Southgate is exceptionally decent. But, ultimately, he and they remain just another brunch of ‘could’ves’. 

I’m done. 

• Like 1

Guest ttfn
Just now, BlueSi13 said:

Italy deserved the trophy.  No complaints after watching us play anti-football for 80 minutes.  Though Italy created very little, they looked like the team that wanted to get forward and attack.

Sadly for us it was Croatia all over again.  All over them.  Get an early goal.  Sit back.  Allow pressure to build.  Get knackered.  Don't make changes.  Get pegged back.  No changes.  Go behind.  Too knackered and demoralised to do anything about it.

There needs to be a major tactics rethink at St Georges Park, we play a style of football that is getting us further in competitions, but won't be enough for us to win trophies.  To play so unbelievably negative, at home, with such attacking talent rotting on the bench isn't acceptable and represents an almighty missed opportunity.

Six subs available, only made 3 in the first 118 minutes.

If Sterling wasn’t going to take a penalty why not bring Sancho on for him? Makes absolutely no sense to keep him on for the second half of extra time. Sterling has had a fantastic tournament but he was ineffective today.

Just now, Bert said:

What is it with people posting about substations lately lol @Sly