Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

EURO 2020 FINAL. England v Italy. At Wembley. Thread.

12 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Facts; England European championships finalists 2020/1

England World Cup semi finalists 2018

England European championships semi finalists 1996

England World Cup semi finalists 1990

Who we played doesn’t matter, it’s where we got to. The rest is just excuses to support your argument. Like it or not Southgate has been the most successful manager for England for decades, to argue otherwise makes you sound like those weirdos that have an agenda against Rodgers after he brought tha fa cup home.  

This 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

So would you say Croatia, Scotland and the Chech's had a lucky draw? The draw is what it is. We avoided the so called group of death, whatever that means. We won the group ffs. Why is it so often that so-called England supporters will never give this team or this manager credit?

What??

19 minutes ago, Nick said:

So. We lose. But we are not good at that(surprisingly by now) and we now have two black players to blame.

And we are doing just that.

I am absolutely disgusted that this is happening.. my English friends down under are showing me stuff on Twitter that makes me want to punch a wall.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's an absolutely sickening way to lose it, but they're a better side, they fully deserve the trophy. They have been throughout. We are organised, we're a tough nut to crack, but we lack that bit of quality in midfield for me. Rice (who I thought for the most part had as good a game as I've seen him have tonight) and Phillips are good but neither really dictate a game. Their midfield is superior.

The ordering of the penalty shootout was ridiculous. Saka's penalty is shocking for a player of his talent, but the management and experienced heads should never have allowed that to happen.

Have to disagree. I thought Italy were bang average and after their first two games, sneaked the rest of the games. They didn’t deserve to win it, but fair, they got over the line somehow. 

Probably the least talented winners for some years, but generally speaking the quality was lacking all through the tournament. If England had really attacked tonight they would have won in normal time. Southgate’s safety first approach cost us tonight. And putting young kids to take the pens! Poor management by GS. We’ll win nothing with him in charge. 

1 minute ago, Royston. said:

All failures even if you feel they deserve a pat on the back for going so far

Where have I said they deserve a pat on the back, this manager has got us closer than any other in decades, and as such has earns the right to be backed as more could be round the corner. But of course you can carry on bitching and moaning, I’ve done my fair share to be honest, and not appreciate the opportunity that faces us for the first time in a long time. 

And let’s be fair, Southgate has shown a lot more improvement in this tournament than the last. 

Just now, glebe_sydneyfox said:

I am absolutely disgusted that this is happening.. my English friends down under are showing me stuff on Twitter that makes me want to punch a wall.

I’ve already done that.

14 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I did though. I said it happened because of a lucky draw both times. Look at the teams we beat over both tournaments, any average manager could have done the same. This run to the final was predictable before the tournament started! 

So you're saying all our managers have been average. You just countered your own argument

15 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Capello, Hodgson, Eriksson, McClaren. How did they prove themselves before getting the job?

I  will give you McClaren and Hodgson, but the other two you are having a mare

But Capello:

Milan[163]

Serie A (4): 1991–92, 1992–93, 1993–94, 1995–96

Supercoppa Italiana (3): 1992, 1993, 1994

UEFA Champions League (1): 1993–94

European Super Cup (1): 1994

Real Madrid[163]

La Liga (2): 1996–97, 2006–07

Roma[163]

Serie A (1): 2000–01

Supercoppa Italiana (1): 2001

Juventus[163]

Serie A (2): 2004–05 (Revoked), 2005–06 (Revoked)

Sven

Benfica[127]

Primeira Divisão: 1982–83, 1983–84, 1990–91

Taça de Portugal: 1982–83

Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira: 1989

European Cup runner-up: 1989–90

UEFA Cup runner-up: 1982–83

Roma[127]

Coppa Italia: 1985–86

Sampdoria[127]

Coppa Italia: 1993–94

Lazio[127]

Serie A: 1999–2000

Coppa Italia: 1997–98, 1999–2000

Supercoppa Italiana: 1998, 2000

UEFA Cup Winners' Cup: 1998–99

UEFA Super Cup: 1999

UEFA Cup runner-up: 1997–98

16 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Facts; England European championships finalists 2020/1

England World Cup semi finalists 2018

England European championships semi finalists 1996

England World Cup semi finalists 1990

Who we played doesn’t matter, it’s where we got to. The rest is just excuses to support your argument. Like it or not Southgate has been the most successful manager for England for decades, to argue otherwise makes you sound like those weirdos that have an agenda against Rodgers after he brought tha fa cup home.  

Doesn’t surprise me that people are getting on Southgate’s back on here, giving like you said even Rodgers gets a lot of stick lol and he won the fa cup 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Webbo said:

The world is full of cvnts, don't judge the country on a minority of loudmouths.

Particularly in the age of social media where it's incredibly easy to get yourself as a talking point.

Deal with those posting stuff like that accordingly but giving them the attention they crave simply isn't going to make it go away.

• Like 2

That hurt. However, really proud of that team. Probably more so then the W/c semi final a few years ago. Even though we struggled at times today, I think we did show great character to hang in against a really experienced and talented side. 

Few things I would’ve hoped we did differently but hey, hindsight is a wonderful thing. It’s coming home 2022.

P.s anyone who questions why the players take a knee or that “politics should stay out of football”. Needs to take a look at Saka’s Instagram today. It’s utterly disgusting. Unless someone can stop such acts and provide an alternative way for players to make a stand against such disgusting behaviour, don’t question the gesture. It’s truly appalling what’s being said and to a 19 year old kid. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Where have I said they deserve a pat on the back, this manager has got us closer than any other in decades, and as such has earns the right to be backed as more could be round the corner. But of course you can carry on bitching and moaning, I’ve done my fair share to be honest, and not appreciate the opportunity that faces us for the first time in a long time. 

And let’s be fair, Southgate has shown a lot more improvement in this tournament than the last. 

Even "if" you feel.

I know I used the word "you" but it was intended for anyone that might feel that way.

2 minutes ago, murphy said:

Champion's League winner and nine time title winner Capello?  

Eriksson and even Hodgson won trophies.  So did Venables, Greenwood and Robson and all had a wealth of experience.  Gareth's CV just doesn't match up.  Nowhere near.

McLaren was at one time seen as Fergie's heir apparent and I think that helped him get the job.  He also went to Boro and didn't get relegated,  In fact he won their one and only trophy, The League Cup and took them to the UEFA Cup Final.  

That was a bit of a daft question tbh.

Fair enough but who of those I mentioned, took us further than Southgate ?

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

That hurt. However, really proud of that team. Probably more so then the W/c semi final a few years ago. Even though we struggled at times today, I think we did show great character to hang in against a really experienced and talented side. 

Few things I would’ve hoped we did differently but hey, hindsight is a wonderful thing. It’s coming home 2022.

P.s anyone who questions why the players take a knee or that “politics should stay out of football”. Needs to take a look at Saka’s Instagram today. It’s utterly disgusting. Unless someone can stop such acts and provide an alternative way for players to make a stand against such disgusting behaviour, don’t question the gesture. It’s truly appalling what’s being said and to a 19 year old kid. 

I know it doesn't mean it's not happening but I hope he's being protected from that and doesn't get to see any of it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Declan Rice though, goodness me, I was one of the first to play him down as average.... He puts an England shirt on an genuinely becomes a different player.

He is a very good player, but compare him to Jorginho or Veratti. He is not able to play those quick short passes to set the tempo for his team, nor is he able to wiggle out of trouble and setup an attack. England need a player like that in the team, there is no creative player in the middle of the park. Perhaps it should be his partner rather than him, as Phillips though having a good game is also not that creative. But having those two together invariably means very little created. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I  will give you McClaren and Hodgson, but the other two you are having a mare

But Capello:

Milan[163]

Serie A (4): 1991–92, 1992–93, 1993–94, 1995–96

Supercoppa Italiana (3): 1992, 1993, 1994

UEFA Champions League (1): 1993–94

European Super Cup (1): 1994

Real Madrid[163]

La Liga (2): 1996–97, 2006–07

Roma[163]

Serie A (1): 2000–01

Supercoppa Italiana (1): 2001

Juventus[163]

Serie A (2): 2004–05 (Revoked), 2005–06 (Revoked)

Sven

Benfica[127]

Primeira Divisão: 1982–83, 1983–84, 1990–91

Taça de Portugal: 1982–83

Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira: 1989

European Cup runner-up: 1989–90

UEFA Cup runner-up: 1982–83

Roma[127]

Coppa Italia: 1985–86

Sampdoria[127]

Coppa Italia: 1993–94

Lazio[127]

Serie A: 1999–2000

Coppa Italia: 1997–98, 1999–2000

Supercoppa Italiana: 1998, 2000

UEFA Cup Winners' Cup: 1998–99

UEFA Super Cup: 1999

UEFA Cup runner-up: 1997–98

Ok I concede those stats. But they still failed with England and didn;t get England to where we are now. Maybe it was the FA being orgasmic about Capello and Sven's achievements that they never really assessed their ability to manage at full international level

• Like 1

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

He is a very good player, but compare him to Jorginho or Veratti. He is not able to play those quick short passes to set the tempo for his team, nor is he able to wiggle out of trouble and setup an attack. England need a player like that in the team, there is no creative player in the middle of the park. Perhaps it should be his partner rather than him, as Phillips though having a good game is also not that creative. But having those two together invariably means very little created. 

I find myself saying it every time we go out of a tournament but we've just not got that controlling midfielder. Rice and Phillips are both good players but neither get in Italy's side. Their midfield is excellent.

• Like 1