Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

EURO 2020 FINAL. England v Italy. At Wembley. Thread.

4 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Did they actually get into the stadium or was it just running up the steps outside the ground?

There were loads in the stadium, plenty of videos going round.

The lower bowl of the stadium looked very full from the TV especially the England end 

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

This makes my eyes bleed. The level of idiocy of posts like this is a prime example of why I feel disconnected to the national side. No mention of us diving to win a penalty to even get to the final 

Screenshot_20210712-115732_Facebook.jpg

Mental isn't it considering a game ago the opposition keeper had lasers being pointed at his eyes and we conned our way out of a shootout, not to mention we've got three of the biggest serial cheats going in Grealish, Kane and Sterling. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Its not like a silver medal in the mens 50k skiing event though where you are happy to be top 3.

You literally lost a game and nobody will give a shite. I suspect after the pain subsides it will be seen as an accomplishment to a point but i dont get bent out of shape if i see them being upset about losing. It shows me they care, are ticked off and want blood.

I remember a few years back when Canada beat Sweden in the final for the World Hockey Championships, the Swedish Captain threw his silver medal into the crowd.

Was a lot of criticism directed at him for it, but you had to also admire that he knew that they had just lost and he was emotional at that moment.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

It's a society problem. Every summer we have a cause to demonstrate about (Rebellion Extinction, Brexit, BLM, Kill the Bill, and so on) and a sizable rent-a-mob turn up just to cause trouble and ultimately the thing being protested about gets lost and tarnished with the same brush. England International football team is seen as a great vehicle to hop on board and fight the establishment. There seems to be more coverage of the trouble than the football. I'm sick of it and think the overwhelming vast majority are too. 

No disrespect pal but I think that is a bit of a cop out. Yes, folk will show up to cause trouble at pretty much anything and if you looked at yesterday as an isolated incident then you could probably get away with hiding behind that excuse but let's not pretend that folk will climb on a plane and follow the England team around the world tournament after Tournament just to cause trouble. This element has existed with the English fan base for decades. 

As for the coverage of it, would you prefer it was hidden away? Alot has been said about the ugly scenes yesterday and so it should be. Sweeping past it will only encourage it.

TV companies not showing it isn't going to fix it, papers not printing it isn't going to fix it. It's down to the good, decent fans of England to stamp it out, grass folk up, call it out or just accept the brush you will be tarred with. 

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Watch the video. Bald blokes booting lads in England shirts. It’s pretty clear.

I’ve seen the video. Plenty of non England shirt wearers too. 

21 minutes ago, Guest said:

Mental isn't it considering a game ago the opposition keeper had lasers being pointed at his eyes and we conned our way out of a shootout, not to mention we've got three of the biggest serial cheats going in Grealish, Kane and Sterling. 

Sterling’s diving last night was embarrassing. The ref was having none of it and wasn’t even giving the actual fouls by the end. 

9 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

No disrespect pal but I think that is a bit of a cop out. Yes, folk will show up to cause trouble at pretty much anything and if you looked at yesterday as an isolated incident then you could probably get away with hiding behind that excuse but let's not pretend that folk will climb on a plane and follow the England team around the world tournament after Tournament just to cause trouble. This element has existed with the English fan base for decades. 

As for the coverage of it, would you prefer it was hidden away? Alot has been said about the ugly scenes yesterday and so it should be. Sweeping past it will only encourage it.

TV companies not showing it isn't going to fix it, papers not printing it isn't going to fix it. It's down to the good, decent fans of England to stamp it out, grass folk up, call it out or just accept the brush you will be tarred with. 

I'm not saying I'm sick of the coverage of the trouble but sick of the trouble. Full stop. 

As for travelling fans, I don't think there has been a problem at the last two tournaments, has there? None that I remember in Russia and I think it was reported that England fans were more the victims than the perpetrators at euro 16. I didn't go to either so have no first hand experience. 

Guest bennytwohats
31 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

This makes my eyes bleed. The level of idiocy of posts like this is a prime example of why I feel disconnected to the national side. No mention of us diving to win a penalty to even get to the final 

If this is a prime example of why you're disconnected rather than the racism and the hooliganism, might be a good time to rethink your priorities

53 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Kanes first language isn't English would have been difficult tbf

That is freakin awesome! You can apply that example to almost any high pressure situation where fear gets a hold of you and prevents

you from doing the right thing. Inspiring!

5 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

If this is a prime example of why you're disconnected rather than the racism and the hooliganism, might be a good time to rethink your priorities

lol shut up you clown! 

What point are you even trying to make? Fishing for likes lol

Edited by foxfanazer

Regarding the trouble last night.  Extremely disappointing but sadly to be expected.  Something about the "big day out" mentality in this country.

Saw plenty of trouble at Wembley when we played Manchester United in the Community Shield amongst fans you'd never usually see at the King Power.  Something about these types of matches that bring out the casuals who almost see it as an excuse to do whatever the **** they want.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I'm not saying I'm sick of the coverage of the trouble but sick of the trouble. Full stop. 

As for travelling fans, I don't think there has been a problem at the last two tournaments, has there? None that I remember in Russia and I think it was reported that England fans were more the victims than the perpetrators at euro 16. I didn't go to either so have no first hand experience. 

Sorry, I misunderstood. 

I honestly don't recall a single tournement were there hasn't been videos kicking around of sections of fans dragging down the rest of you. 

1 minute ago, BlueSi13 said:

Regarding the trouble last night.  Extremely disappointing but sadly to be expected.  Something about the "big day out" mentality in this country.

Saw plenty of trouble at Wembley when we played Manchester United in the Community Shield amongst fans you'd never usually see at the King Power.  Something about these types of matches that bring out the casuals who almost see it as an excuse to do whatever the **** they want.

I was there too! Was shocked to see rivalry and trouble among sections of our own so called Lester fans! Was very weird to see I just didn’t get it. All that alcohol doesn’t really help I guess. Glad I didn’t bring my 7 year old with me which is sad for me to say.

41 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I don't really get the reaction to that foul. I guess it's all the part time fans that only give a shit about football for a few weeks every two years. 

It's just a pull back. It probably happens fifty times every weekend in the Premier League alone. 

I appreciate Chiellini took it to its most visual extreme but its still the same foul whether he lightly pulls his shirt back or straight up collars him like a naughty child. 

If you want any more than a yellow card for that then you'd be handing out reds in almost every game of top flight football around Europe every weekend and by the time you get down to non league you'd probably have match abandonments every week because of the amount of shit housery going on. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I don't really get the reaction to that foul. I guess it's all the part time fans that only give a shit about football for a few weeks every two years. 

It's just a pull back. It probably happens fifty times every weekend in the Premier League alone. 

I appreciate Chiellini took it to its most visual extreme but its still the same foul whether he lightly pulls his shirt back or straight up collars him like a naughty child. 

If you want any more than a yellow card for that then you'd be handing out reds in almost every game of top flight football around Europe every weekend and by the time you get down to non league you'd probably have match abandonments every week because of the amount of shit housery going on. 

Its just a smart foul and shows his experience. The sanctimonious attitude of some of our fans is cringeworthy

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Sterling’s diving last night was embarrassing. The ref was having none of it and wasn’t even giving the actual fouls by the end. 

Yeah it was brilliant. Kane tried his usual trick of getting his body between ball and opponent and going down like a felled tree a few times and got nothing either. Their players got the exact same treatment as well - ref was not in the mood for it at all and it was great to see.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

its only people who don't actually like football saying this sort of thing. Any football fan knows that was a great foul at that stage of the game.

4 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Sorry, I misunderstood. 

I honestly don't recall a single tournement were there hasn't been videos kicking around of sections of fans dragging down the rest of you. 

I'm sure there are. They can always be found without looking too hard but I don't think any from the last two tournaments include anything as bad as previous times. 

Some of the stuff knocking around of Old Firm trouble or even Scotland fans in London last month are not great either. 

1 minute ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

its only people who don't actually like football saying this sort of thing. Any football fan knows that was a great foul at that stage of the game.

I mean even if it wasn't its the idea that we're holier than thou and do everything with class and dignity 

45 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

There's honestly very little for fans to do, it's up to authorities.