Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

EURO 2020 FINAL. England v Italy. At Wembley. Thread.

Extremely excited for this one.  I have given Southgate absolute pelters on here but I hold my hands up and say I was wrong, if someone had told me a decade ago we'd be regularly making semi-finals/finals I'd have laughed by bollocks off.

We've come incredibly far as a country footballing wise and there are many who deserve credit for that.

As for the final it's a free hit for me.  55 years since our last major final, our first European Championship final, it represents huge progress and smashes so many mental barriers.  We have such a young team as well so this might be a bit soon for them but as long as we don't get absolutely embarrassed I'm going to have a great time regardless of the result!

• Like 3

On 08/07/2021 at 10:50, The boy Linacre said:

I would probably make them favourites.

I think we'll have problems with their pressing game.  We didn't look brilliant in possession at the back lack night, after looking fine for the rest of the tournament.

We can beat them if they play like they did against Spain or Austria (particularly).

Have to say though we made it hard work last night and we lacked confidence, quality and calm last night, presume the enormity of it might be landing.  Feel like we fell over the line a bit, when we did dominate, perhaps the last hour, think that might have been because the Danes shot it.

I just hope we play well or certainly better than last night.  I know he set the goal up but felt the game passed Saka by a bit, I think I'd throw Sancho in Sunday.

Defensive midfielders didn't come to the fore till the last 60 mins.

Hope the age catches up with some of the Italians.

1) All we can do is hope England win and play well OR

2) England win

Will be mental, and will never hear the end of it, but that will be a great thing and nights like last night from an England perspective, make you understand the emotion that football brings to us, both the winners and sadly for the Danes the losers.

C'mon England, bring it home, even if the Euros were invented by a Frenchman!!!

Should just clinch it as our serial divers are even better than theirs

22 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

It's quite annoying to hear a good few self-entitled England fans booing other's national anthems.

It's cringeworthy, really.

It is and i dont agree with it. But its not a new thing and it is definitely not just an English thing. 

If the final was being played in Italy you think the Italian fans wouldn't be booing and whistling our Anthem? 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Dan Gliballs said:

Be very surprised if Grealish doesn't start the game. Gareth's a very astute man manager, and I wouldn't be surprised if he appeases Jack from his sub on, sub off by telling him he'll start the final. Other than that I'd expect the same lineup and formation as Germany, baring any injury concerns.

It'll probably be a pretty drab first 45 minutes if there's no early goal, a cagey game where a set piece could easily win it. 

It will be settled by the best dive so we know already we are on a winner. Totally against the spirit of the game, but that does not seem to have any meaning for Sterling and Kane.

31 minutes ago, bovril said:

I'm knackered. Think I'm all footballed out. Will watch the game with a glass of red then head to bed. 

I love a red, but once open it's difficult not to drink the whole bottle ! 

6 hours ago, BlueSi13 said:

Extremely excited for this one.  I have given Southgate absolute pelters on here but I hold my hands up and say I was wrong, if someone had told me a decade ago we'd be regularly making semi-finals/finals I'd have laughed by bollocks off.

We've come incredibly far as a country footballing wise and there are many who deserve credit for that.

As for the final it's a free hit for me.  55 years since our last major final, our first European Championship final, it represents huge progress and smashes so many mental barriers.  We have such a young team as well so this might be a bit soon for them but as long as we don't get absolutely embarrassed I'm going to have a great time regardless of the result!

I don't think the abuse aimed at him before was not warranted he was picking and start players like Danny Rose, Dier, Dele Ali and others.. this time round he has got it spot on so he deserves all the praise that comes his way, he's done a fantastic job though as you say and I was critical even at the start of the tournament but he's clearly got a much better idea of what's required now.

Is this the Euros or fookin Soccer Aid? I swear blind it's England vs. the Rest Of The World at this point. :ph34r:

Ah well, love me a good siege mentality. Even taking away the chance of unprecedented glory, pissing off the entirety of Scotland, Wales, Spain, France, Italy, as well of big chunks of the populace here in Toronto and south of the border has got to be reason alone to play out of our skins.

As a Leicester fan it's unusual to feel genuinely hated, but it's an energy I can get behind. Bring it on. 

:englandsmile4wf:

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Boooo

Will still have BBC on but its scraping the barrel. 

Jenas is probably doing the Wimbledon final commentary too. The one BBC show he's not done yet.