Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

EURO 2020 FINAL. England v Italy. At Wembley. Thread.

16 minutes ago, Fox in the house said:

Giorgio cellini , tackle on sako in the second half,  amounted to thuggery,  grievous body harm,  that a sending of offence,  it was not dark arts it was plain cheating,, they would not of got away with that in rugby union. Round his neck and shoulders. Sacko would have been clean through on the right side of goal 

That's not football,  that's just cheating,   stronger  referee needed.

Let’s be honest, that’s not a sending off. He pulled his shirt, and England player does that and the stadium erupts.

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I don't really get the reaction to that foul. I guess it's all the part time fans that only give a shit about football for a few weeks every two years. 

It's just a pull back. It probably happens fifty times every weekend in the Premier League alone. 

I appreciate Chiellini took it to its most visual extreme but its still the same foul whether he lightly pulls his shirt back or straight up collars him like a naughty child. 

If you want any more than a yellow card for that then you'd be handing out reds in almost every game of top flight football around Europe every weekend and by the time you get down to non league you'd probably have match abandonments every week because of the amount of shit housery going on. 

Commentators encourage and condone it- "taking one for the team".

3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Let’s be honest, that’s not a sending off. He pulled his shirt, and England player does that and the stadium erupts.

It is a yellow at most… so frustrating though because saka with his pace is through, it is as blatant as it gets pretty much strangled him with his shirt when he got away 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

31 minutes ago, Fox in the house said:

Giorgio cellini , tackle on sako in the second half,  amounted to thuggery,  grievous body harm,  that a sending of offence,  it was not dark arts it was plain cheating,, they would not of got away with that in rugby union. Round his neck and shoulders. Sacko would have been clean through on the right side of goal 

Whilst I jumped out of my seat when it happened and shouted a few choice things at the TV, I didn't at any point shout for a red card. That would be nonsense. Sako would have been off down the right, basically on the half way line from memory, but if you want to use that as being denied a goalscoring opportunity, I'm really not buying it I'm afraid.

Kane and Sterling both tried to 'buy' free kicks last night, so I'm not sure we should be chucking too many stones at the Italian players.

Oh, and GBH has sure been downgraded from the 70's and 80's by the way lol.

4 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Would rather have Rashford looking after my region in his tiny amount of spare time than any of the self-serving corrupt tory pricks 'working' full time. 

I'd rather inane political comments not be made on a football forum.

18 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Well Gareth just summed up his mindset in that interview - "If we had gambled (bringing on attacking players) then we could have lost it in extra time..."

How about, gambling to win it! Deary me. I know hindsight is all very well, but it was screaming out for changes and us to go and try win it without the curse of penalties to decide it 

I rarely watch build up or post match analysis of England matches these days, often, you see more sense on this site and that's saying something. I lasted 5 minutes with BBC's four stooges before turning off.

I'm also far less emotional about England results than I used to be. Pig sick for about 5 minutes usually, then I get over it. I am glad I didn't see Southgate say that last night though, it seems an extraordinary statement to make. I mean, he's correct of course, but it doesn't give much hope of him changing his philosophy. 

That said, every England fan had some type of emotional reaction to the match last night, we can but hope that Southgate did too, it can't be easy to have to face interviews not long after your own personal dream is crushed. If you support England, you have to hope he will recognise where it went wrong as he's in the job for the foreseeable future. Hopefully, in the cold light of day, he will recognise how conservative he was when it was obvious to even casual observers that England needed changes. If he replays the Croatia World cup semi back to back with last night, he can't really miss it.

Edited by Duquesne Whistle

35 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

The fact they think that Rashford using his privilege to help others and illustrate the plight of thousands of hungry kids is 'playing politics' tells you all you need to know about these *****. Disgusting. It comes to something when people twist acts of kindness as a political statement. **** the both of them. Also, Rashford's work outside of football has nothing to do with last night.

To kick a man while he's down. At the lowest point of his career. They can get ****ed the pair of pricks.

Yup!

Perhaps us non politicians shouldn't ever comment on politic things and "stay in our lane". Should we ever question them? Noo of course not!

There are some genuinely good politicians out there (dont wait on a list from me though lol) and some absolute bell ends of the highest order.

Yes it was a stupid penalty attempt (not a fan of those weird attempts) but misses happen and you suck it up, move on.

Rashford is a good lad and someone id rather have in my corner any day over pretty much most politicians because he actually gives a shit about people.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Fox in the house said:

Hahahah! Amazing, I needed that laugh lollol

• Like 2

Watching the footage from yesterday with many fans breaking into Wembley, I'm surprised the game went ahead. Looked like there must have been thousands got in without tickets and some areas of the stadium over capacity, there was report of one guy saying someone was in his seat without a ticket refused to move then some isle's would have at least two sets of fans in. The stewards just looked powerless, honestly scenes like this we can forget about hosting a world cup in this country.

Edited by Leicesterpool

17 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Hahahah! Amazing, I needed that laugh lollol

Well alan Shearer said it was a sending off , and other people  I know said the same today , at the end of the day he was cheating! Blatant no black arts , but anyway I'm  glad I made you laugh,  we all needed that today.

• Like 1