Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

EURO 2020 FINAL. England v Italy. At Wembley. Thread.

Just to touch upon the crowd issues again. This is exactly why I said the restricted crowds and free tickets to locals/key workers at Wembley in games such as the Cup Final were inadequate. If I could be arsed, I’d pick the posts out. Staff not trained in the slightest and these Euros games were always going to be very partisan. 

On 13/07/2021 at 10:05, andy peake said:

What a ridiculously stupid comment. Why should those people who have paid hard earned money for their tickets, many with young children, have to lose their seats to pissed up, abusive and violent yobs. I don’t think some people are fully understanding the scale of the problems on Sunday night. Yes the security should have been robust but let’s make sure blame lies squarely with those idiots who broke in and continue to bring shame on English football at home and abroad.

I couldn't agree with you more. I am afraid that the behaviour of too many England fans during this tournament has once again shiwn the country in an appalling light: the total lack of respect towards other nations in the booing of anthems, the xenophobic songs, the abuse directed at supporters of teams, including young children and the storming of Wembley Stadium by thousands of ticketless fans, who by all accounts feel that what they did was justified. Would these people actually like England to host a major tournament in the future? Their behaviour has ensured the chances of this happening have been greatly reduced. 

• Like 4

On 13/07/2021 at 12:19, ozleicester said:

My point is EIGHTY THOUSAND DOLLARS.. for a fvcking watch.

That should be illegal... same as 500 million dollar boats. If you have either, you have too much money and need to have the tax office so far up your arse you will pay anything to remove them.

Dont get me started on billionaires going to space.....fvck space, they should fired into the sun

Dear god, I have to share a planet with the likes of you 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bovril said:

The moral panic following this match reminds me of the panic over paedophiles in 2000. Only this time it's not evil sex pests lurking round every corner, but racist drunk football fans. 

It's mad isn't it. It's like there's a generation of people that didn't realise that you get a small minority of idiots that like to get drunk and make tits of themselves.

Everything gets blown waaaaay out of proportion now as people on the internet and social media apps are constantly readying the same thing over and over again. It just makes it very intense. The positive is, the same people have short attention spans and will be morally outaged about something else within a week.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

It's mad isn't it. It's like there's a generation of people that didn't realise that you get a small minority of idiots that like to get drunk and make tits of themselves.

Everything gets blown waaaaay out of proportion now as people on the internet and social media apps are constantly readying the same thing over and over again. It just makes it very intense. The positive is, the same people have short attention spans and will be morally outaged about something else within a week.

Wembley Rona will be next, recon I might be riddled you know.

Looking at my bosses face when I mentioned I was going for a test this morning was gold.

On 13/07/2021 at 12:45, Ricey said:

I clearly never said it was an outstanding decision, but I also don't think it was insanity. There was clear logic to it but it didn't work out. That's just the way it goes.

I agree i'm not too for or against him going 5th like you, if he was best in training then fair enough. I rewatched a fair amount of the game on Monday and it didn't seem to go right for Saka most of the game, awkward touches, misplaced passes, overall quite a poor game. May be that should have been taken into account more rather than age etc. However, it wasn't the worst penalty, it was on target, if the keeper dives right, it goes in we're all cheering we maybe won and Southgate would have been a genius!

Ah well onto the World Cup lads :scarf:

• Like 1

I do wonder if the younger lads felt like they had to say they were up for taking one. It's almost easier to just go with what's expected of you rather than be man enough to say "i'm absolutely bricking it and there's no way I'll take a convincing penno".

At the end of the day, you can't really help your body's natural reaction to pressure and stress.

In case you havent read this... its a fantastic explanation of Choking Vs Panicking.

http://www.infosurvey.com.my/The Art of Failure.pdf

and if you ever want to read some interesting books... Malcolm GLadwell (who wrote this)  is fantastic

Edited by ozleicester

On 13/07/2021 at 12:19, ozleicester said:

My point is EIGHTY THOUSAND DOLLARS.. for a fvcking watch.

That should be illegal... same as 500 million dollar boats. If you have either, you have too much money and need to have the tax office so far up your arse you will pay anything to remove them.

Dont get me started on billionaires going to space.....fvck space, they should fired into the sun

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/british-guiana-1c-magenta-6-2m-stamp-arrives-in-uk-as-buyer-says-it-was-bargain-but-even-smaller-than-expected-12356737

You think that's bad?

At $8.3m (£6.2m), never had so much been spent on so little.

The tiny stamp - the British Guiana 1c Magenta to the cognoscenti - is, gram for gram, thought to be the most valuable man-made product ever.

• Sad 1

It’s stunts like the people breaking into Wembley, which will ensure we’re not allowed to host a tournament any time soon. 

I think we’d have been better playing that final in neutral territory in some ways. 

Guest StevieLynex
11 hours ago, Buce said:

If anyone wants to know what inbreeding looks like:

Euro 2020: Men sought over Wembley final disorder

_119476732_wembley10.jpg

Is that Carragher top row, second from the right

On 13/07/2021 at 14:25, ozleicester said:

Ill stop at this, coz i know it pisses people off, but... Roman is a crook, Branson and Gates are both extremely privileged as are most other "successes".

No matter how talented people are there should not be such an absurd difference between rich and poverty.

Also agree...