Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

EURO 2020 FINAL. England v Italy. At Wembley. Thread.

3 hours ago, Fox1norfolk said:

It will be settled by the best dive so we know already we are on a winner. Totally against the spirit of the game, but that does not seem to have any meaning for Sterling and Kane.

kanesterlingdive.jpg

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, StanSP said:

lol

In all fairness, The National is a comic and many people up here, even those who would support independence, are calling this pathetic.

Anyway, back to England v Italy.

The build up for this is as frustrating as it is exciting. We have to put up with people who don't watch football telling us what to do whilst watching football, all in a "we're better than you and scornful that people we feel are beneath us are having a good time" tone. 

The middle classes telling us how awful it is to boo the Italian anthem when anyone with half a brain knows how GSTQ would be whistled hugely if the game was in Rome. People saying that they're supporting Italy because England is "racist".

Obviously I'm desperate to win for footballing reasons but I'd also relish the meltdown from Blue Tick Twitter as much as the game itself.

• Like 3

Just now, WigstonWanderer said:

lol Haha

Must be getting confused (probably old age). Think I’m getting mixed up with the World Cup. It is still a thing for that isn’t it? Didn’t England come 4th last time out?

Yeah Euros is probably the biggest major international tournament that doesn't have it.

17 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Impressive planning until you realise that if it wasn't for The Telegraph's journalism we'd be going into these tournaments with Sam ****ing Allardyce as manager.

Four- four - ****ing two. 

Kane And DCL up top 

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The build up for this is as frustrating as it is exciting. We have to put up with people who don't watch football telling us what to do whilst watching football, all in a "we're better than you and scornful that people we feel are beneath us are having a good time" tone. 

The middle classes telling us how awful it is to boo the Italian anthem when anyone with half a brain knows how GSTQ would be whistled hugely if the game was in Rome. People saying that they're supporting Italy because England is "racist".

Obviously I'm desperate to win for footballing reasons but I'd also relish the meltdown from Blue Tick Twitter as much as the game itself.

Booing a national anthem is shitty - what anyone else might do or not do is beside the point.

I'm middle class, please tell me what I think. FFS.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1