Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Godfrey Chikumbi

Why is Patson Daka missing on the latest training pictures?

6 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

It is a very fondly remembered period of music! Zamrock is very cool. 

I read a review of this documentary the other day, it has won prizes already. It is very sad that Aids has taken so many of the original musicians, but at least their work is still influencing others.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

I read a review of this documentary the other day, it has won prizes already. It is very sad that Aids has taken so many of the original musicians, but at least their work is still influencing others.

Ok...now you've sent me down a rabbit hole....see you all tomorrow

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

@Godfrey Chikumbiusually they stagger the days that the players return to pre-season for, through a combination of international players returning late, but also so they can have more of an individual chat to each player. If you've got to talk to 35+ players all at the same time (the U23's normally join in), then it can be hard to make each player feel like an individual. Brendan Rodgers is a very good man manager so will want to make time for each player at the start of pre-season, especially new signings.

But one thing to look forward to is that new players have to sing a song as part of their initiation to the club. I remember one that Wilfred Ndidi did where Robert Huth could not stop laughing as he sang it! Will be interesting to see what song Patson chooses!

...sounds like Tom Brown's School days.... !!!

20 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

I'd just like to apologise in advance for FT. :D Welcome to the forum, we are getting a crash course in all things Zambian.

I've just watched a youtube vid about Zamrock, and am listening to some Witch. A commenter said that if Witch had turned up at CBGB's (in New York) between 1974 and 1978 they would have been loved by the underground scene.

Is this period in music well remembered in Zambia? It seems to have stood up really well to the test of time, to my western ears.

---------------------------

In honour of Saka, Rashford and Sancho, one more Zamrock tune. Don't let the b*stards drag you down lads. :appl:

...Witch, sounds like the Jimi Hendrix Experience.....!!!

Pretty raw, sounds like it was recorded in a gig.

This thread ...  lol   I used to think "global Anglo-Saxon culture" meant naked capitalism.  But maybe it’s just a propensity for taking the piss?

On 12/07/2021 at 18:45, Godfrey Chikumbi said:

I’m helping my Zambian brothers and sisters to understand the situation. 😂.

Godfrey, be sure … we are massively excited to have Patson at LCFC and grateful for your work in uncovering and tracking the transfer.

Just don't take everything in here literally.  But do participate!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Witch, sounds like the Jimi Hendrix Experience.....!!!

Pretty raw, sounds like it was recorded in a gig.

It's defo got a slightly frazzled garage rock feel to it at points, but it's hard to generalise having heard so little. I think Witch seem to have started as a Stones cover band, but I could be wrong.

I suspect Zamrock really takes off when the Zambian influences on the drumming get stronger. It's amazing how influential music bounces around the world, setting off strange tangents, sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly.

1 hour ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

It's defo got a slightly frazzled garage rock feel to it at points, but it's hard to generalise having heard so little. I think Witch seem to have started as a Stones cover band, but I could be wrong.

I suspect Zamrock really takes off when the Zambian influences on the drumming get stronger. It's amazing how influential music bounces around the world, setting off strange tangents, sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly.

....the fusion of Paul Simon and LSBM was a big eye opener for me!!!

Very much addicted to the African sound and rhythm which has a tendency to be repetitive but with the structure given to the songs, by Paul Simon, helped to tell the story.

Witch is music of a certain time, and I think that I will try to listen to some more, if I can.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Love this, thanks for posting it. I've only started to listen to the below and it's already great.

ZamRock. Huh. Cool

Found this too:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p072c3kb

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Legend already. 

41734227-A46C-4249-8B80-68561083C297.png

We’ve switched from the Marriott to the Novotel?

Amber list countries allow you to quarantine at home or your chosen hotel (for red list arrivals hotels are assigned). He uploaded a pic at St Pancras on the 7th so has to quarantine til the 17th, though I’m not 100% on the rules and if he can be released early or not. 

Either way at least we know he’s arrived OK, and will be in training very soon!

And brilliant choice of book. Wonder if someone left a booklet on how to endear yourself to the fans?!

6 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

And brilliant choice of book. Wonder if someone left a booklet on how to endear yourself to the fans?!

Such a booklet would most likely be written by yourself! lol The rep points prove it!

I wouldn't put it past you to already have written that booklet and gotten it to Patson somehow. It would explain the picture!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

We’ve switched from the Marriott to the Novotel?

Amber list countries allow you to quarantine at home or your chosen hotel (for red list arrivals hotels are assigned). He uploaded a pic at St Pancras on the 7th so has to quarantine til the 17th, though I’m not 100% on the rules and if he can be released early or not. 

Either way at least we know he’s arrived OK, and will be in training very soon!

I can’t imagine he didn’t opt into the Day 5 Test To Release scheme.

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Such a booklet would most likely be written by yourself! lol The rep points prove it!

I wouldn't put it past you to already have written that booklet and gotten it to Patson somehow. It would explain the picture!

Yes I’ve been Jonathan Northcroft all this time lol 

I did consider camping outside Seagrave with my Zambia flag to greet him but that would be a bit too much lol

• Haha 1