Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Godfrey Chikumbi

PATSON DAKA’S HUMBLE BEGINNINGS MAKE HIM WORK HARD

12 hours ago, deep blue said:

Thanks for sharing that. Well done and best wishes for your getting over such a painful period.

You mention "assisted dying", the only civilised way in suchcircumstances.  You probably know about it, but for those interested the action group "dignity in dying" is in a fight to get this legalised and need all the support they can get.

Good point, I have signed it recently, but if any other folks want to express their support. The poor lad had no control and little dignity at the end.

https://action.dignityindying.org.uk/page/40548/petition/1?locale=en-GB

It's a two tier system really, the rich and the resourceful can access better avenues (Dignitas etc), but the plebs are left to suffer.

Edited by Vardinio'sCat

On 19/07/2021 at 16:50, Vardinio'sCat said:

And I always thought you were all just a bunch of nobs. :D Perhaps I was a bit hasty on that...

to be fair mate I think you were quite accurate. lol 

Think grown up inbetweeners 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 17/07/2021 at 06:31, TrentFox said:

I wasn’t going to respond to this post, but your original idea is still a great one. What if, for every goal a player scored next season, the club sent a ball to a youth football set-up of that player’s choosing? Might cost a hundred balls. But what a fabulous thing to do and wonderful PR, too? Goals for kids 😊😊

Did this idea die? Bumping it to get attention back on it. We’re one goal in so far this season. 😁

On 17/07/2021 at 18:57, urban.spaceman said:

If we made it formal and did a JustGiving the government would have to pay GiftAid

I just managed to have a look at JustGiving and it looks like only donations to Charities can be claimed back on gift aid. I've spoken to them, and they have confirmed unless we set up a Charity, it would be 'crowdfunding' and not eligible.

If not receiving GiftAid will be a barrier to donations then I'll look at other options, including opening a charity if needed!

https://help.justgiving.com/hc/en-us/articles/200670391-A-guide-to-Gift-Aid-UK-only-

https://help.justgiving.com/hc/en-us/articles/202683252-Can-Gift-Aid-be-claimed-on-a-Crowdfunding-donation-#:~:text=Managing your Crowdfunding Page %2F Can,claimed on a Crowdfunding donation%3F&text=Gift Aid can only be,other great tools and features.

• Like 2

On 15/08/2021 at 01:26, Fox of WA said:

Did this idea die? Bumping it to get attention back on it. We’re one goal in so far this season. 😁

Sorry I missed this.

Unfortunately I was on holiday for a bit and we've just had elections here, which actually resulted in the internet being restricted, but we are back!!

I'm starting a message thread off the forum board to discuss the project and how it can be implemented. It might not be easy to do a ball to a players preferred youth set-up - they will more than likely need more than a ball, and it is good to have a mechanism in place to make sure donations are used properly. Also, we've not heard back from the club. 

However, I think we can look beyond Zambia, but I think it would be a good testcase for us to try and see if raising funds will be effective, and what actually might be needed by the youth teams. And then we can expand from there.

Would you like to be involved in the project development?

I would be happy donate to something like this i.e. so much a goal or point.  As you say may be start with Zambia. We can always move on to Derby and Nottingham later:ph34r:).

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

Sorry I missed this.

Unfortunately I was on holiday for a bit and we've just had elections here, which actually resulted in the internet being restricted, but we are back!!

I'm starting a message thread off the forum board to discuss the project and how it can be implemented. It might not be easy to do a ball to a players preferred youth set-up - they will more than likely need more than a ball, and it is good to have a mechanism in place to make sure donations are used properly. Also, we've not heard back from the club. 

However, I think we can look beyond Zambia, but I think it would be a good testcase for us to try and see if raising funds will be effective, and what actually might be needed by the youth teams. And then we can expand from there.

Would you like to be involved in the project development?

I think I’d like to do that if I’m able. I’m in Washington state but whatever I can help set up let me know. I think it’s a really cool idea. Message me and let me know. 

• Like 1

On 17/07/2021 at 10:35, Godfrey Chikumbi said:

Shared here is Leicester City striker Patson Papa Daka’s picture while attending trials at one of the local clubs in his native Zambia’s Copperbelt Province.

Don’t despise humble beginnings. He only had a dream. Today he is at one of the most powerful clubs in the world, the Foxes

B8F2D655-8A63-4A67-AD17-CA2FB393CC5B.jpeg

Godfrey - are you sure that's on the Copperbelt? Patson played for Kafue Celtic - perhaps the reason for the green shirts? (Kafue is a  long way from the Copperbelt, and Patson or Partson is a common name in the South of the country, or at least it was when l was teaching there 1969-72).

• Like 1