Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wasyls Pec Deck

How would you vote in a general election - if held tomorrow

How would you vote if there was a general election tomorrow?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. How would you vote in a general election held tomorrow?

49 minutes ago, Nalis said:

At the moment I'd go Lib Dem just ahead of Labour and never ever Tory.

But sadly we all know the Tories would win any GE easily if it was held tomorrow as this forum isnt representative of the all voters and the country as a whole.

Well the poll says Labour way out in front.So that would mean another comfortable win for Johnson in the real world.Going forward,let’s just see how much money is left in people’s pockets come three years down the line.We have nearly two generations who haven’t experienced inflation,and almost one that doesn’t know what damage hefty rises in interest rates can cause to house hold finances.We are in for a rough ride.

Edited by Heathrow fox

Guest ttfn

I was thinking this morning what a colossal waste of time the last six or seven years have been in Westminster, from the initial posturing around Brexit, the vote itself, implementing the result of the vote, the outbreak of the pandemic, the repeated mistakes in handling the pandemic, the amount of time spent trying to cover up/deflect from all of this shit. 

I shudder to think how much “business as usual” governmental work has been missed out on since 2015. We could have spent the last few years accelerating a recovery out of the GFC, instead (partly through stupidity, partly through bad luck), the majority of the parliamentary agenda has been taken up by two massive issues that have been bungled at every turn by the worst set of British politicians in living memory.

Would Labour be any better? Who knows but their absolutely crazy decision to double down on Corbyn when the Conservatives were at their most vulnerable has contributed to this. Having a weak opposition facilitates poor government. Lib Dems are just as bad. The Conservatives are taking the piss because they know they can get away with it. No leadership, no accountability, no ****s given. 

Guest ttfn
8 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

Well the poll says Labour way out in front.So that would mean another comfortable win for Johnson in the real world.Going forward,let’s just see how much money is left in people’s pockets come three years down the line.We have nearly two generations who haven’t experienced inflation,and almost one that doesn’t know what damage hefty rises in interest rates can cause to house hold finances.We are in for a rough ride.

The amount of debt, and the gearing on that debt in both in the business world and in people’s personal lives is terrifying. There is a ticking time bomb there. Interest rates won’t be zero forever.

For me I would have voted labour if lisa nandy took over as she for me summed up what labour party was all about. The current guy sir Keir starmer is too much like a Tory in disguise. An improvement from Corbyn? Not sure... for me now I wouldn't know who to vote for dont trust the Tories or Boris though wouldn't be surprised if there was change in leadership in the next two years priti Patel new Tory leader possible? Would rather prefer sajid javid myself.

Edited by Leicesterpool

I usually float a little but after the last 18 months it’s got to be Labour. 

You see people who are unhappy with the government all over social media but the conservatives still have a healthy lead in the polls. 

It seems that a lot have adopted the ‘Well it could be worse’ as their mantra, we should really be looking to improve our lot. A couple of months ago Boris was u turning on some or other cataclysmic f’up (there’s been so many I forget what!) and the angry mob on Twitter we’re laying into Keir Starmer like he was in charge of this mess. 

Honestly we get what we deserve. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Strokes said:

I’d vote Conservative again, I quite like Alberto Costa he has responded to my emails over the last few years and seems to be doing a decent job.

I've always thought this is a bit of a quandary. What happens when there is a candidate in your constituency who is a shining example of public service, guaranteed to to his best for his constituents, but is a member of a party who's policies you generally don't agree with.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

None.

I don't trust any of them, they're all liars, all charlatans, tit for tat.

I started out thinking the Conservatives were handling the pandemic fairly enough along with other policies I agree with aside from the pandemic, no-one had been through this before, it was hard to say what was right or wrong or what should be done, as we've gone on it's quite clear they made mistakes of which are only getting more, bigger and quite frankly laughable and embarrasing.

Meanwhile you have Labour disagreeing with things purely because the Conservatives have come up with it. I swear Labour were demanding this and that, Conservatives did it then Labour disagreed and slagged them off for doing.

Going back to the policies I agree with for Conservatives - they rarely come to fruition and very rarely do that in politics, it all lies, they're all the same and not alot changes no matter who is in charge.

We as football fans get took the piss out of for our partisan support, our 'pack' mentality of 'us and them', Politics is worse, It's quite pathetic really.

The fact supporters of certain parties can't see and admit the mistakes of individual parties is quite pathetic, laughable, the same can be said for slagging off another parties just because they're not the party you support even though the proposals might be good and you know you'd agree with them if the party you supported came up with them.

Infact I can't even get my head around the idea of 'supporting' a party - Surely you pick based on policies but when it comes to politics people are so staunch, so blinding and just like to call the opposition liars.

I've still never got an answer to how and why politics and politicians aren't regulated and made accountable, it's beyond me.

Unfortunately its a game of voting for the least worst option, doubt anything will change that.

Sorry state of affairs.

Anyone who votes Conservative is just a selfish, selfish person, there's no two ways about it.

But Labour are dire.
Lib Dems have a long way to go to earn trust again but I would look at their policies.
Chances are I'd vote green but we would realistically need PR for that to have any meaningful consequence beyond them getting their deposit back.

1 hour ago, Livid said:

I usually float a little but after the last 18 months it’s got to be Labour. 

You see people who are unhappy with the government all over social media but the conservatives still have a healthy lead in the polls. 

It seems that a lot have adopted the ‘Well it could be worse’ as their mantra, we should really be looking to improve our lot. A couple of months ago Boris was u turning on some or other cataclysmic f’up (there’s been so many I forget what!) and the angry mob on Twitter we’re laying into Keir Starmer like he was in charge of this mess. 

Honestly we get what we deserve. 

Yep, 11 years, they’ve been having a go at this the Tories. 4-5 years of relative normality under Cameron following by 6-7 of total and utter mad chaos. 

If I hear ‘nothing ever changes’ anymore….

My local area went to Tory for the first time in years recently, all the bloke does after 18 months now is just say ‘well it’s a Labour council’. I’ve seen my own eyes the direct effect that cuts had on community services and budgets. 

There’s no doubt it’s an echo chamber effect here hence the results of the poll. Even more so when most of us live in built up areas, and/or spent time in Leicester. 

But you add up all those parties who are largely aligned on 75% of subjects and the poll ain’t great reading at all. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

I'm taking this poll with a massive pinch of salt.

Everyone knows that the 'FoxesTalk Polling Company" were set up many years ago and still run by hard left Labour people.

I say to the management here: YOU GUVners of this place are trying to influence the general public rather than reflecting the actual mood.

That's why Sir Kierthtan Starmuch is finally 20 points ahead as Tone Bliar said they should be.

Right, I'll wait for Survation.

Labour wasted several elections with a leader that was never going to win, not sure what I make of Starmer at this point, I live in Vaz's old constituency so its going to stay a Labour seat no matter what anyway

I'd vote Labour. I would have anyway, but this government, pandemic or not, have been the worst in loving memory. Hopefully soon people will start to see them for the Charlatans they are.

46 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I'm taking this poll with a massive pinch of salt.

Everyone knows that the 'FoxesTalk Polling Company" were set up many years ago and still run by hard left Labour people.

I say to the management here: YOU GUVners of this place are trying to influence the general public rather than reflecting the actual mood.

That's why Sir Kierthtan Starmuch is finally 20 points ahead as Tone Bliar said they should be.

Right, I'll wait for Survation.

It's alright mate, you don't have to get involved, the grown ups are talking politics here lol

• Haha 1

The core Conservative and Labour votes don't generally tend to change that much between elections.

At the last General Election, the Conservatives got 43.6% of the vote and Labour got 32.1%.

This poll so far is saying Conservatives 19.4% and labour 46.9%.   All that tells us is the FT posters aren't representative of the country at large.   Which I suppose we knew anyway.

4 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

The core Conservative and Labour votes don't generally tend to change that much between elections.

At the last General Election, the Conservatives got 43.6% of the vote and Labour got 32.1%.

This poll so far is saying Conservatives 19.4% and labour 46.9%.   All that tells us is the FT posters aren't representative of the country at large.   Which I suppose we knew anyway.

Yeah it’s hardly surprising that a forum of people mainly from a near continuous Labour city since 1979 would vote Labour 

20 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

To be fair the football club has a natural fan base across the entire county, and the city only makes up the a third of the population. The county, including Leicester itself, has currently returned 7 Conservative MPs and 3 Labour MPs. It’s probably more to do with a younger demographic being on these kind of boards, which genuinely sway more leftwards.

Edited by Finnaldo

16 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

This poll so far is saying Conservatives 19.4% and labour 46.9%.  

All that tells us is the FT posters aren't representative of the country at large.  

Which I suppose we knew anyway.

I'm amazed that some of "the grown ups" are so out of touch with the overall electorate.

Astonished, I tell thee.

• Haha 1

Just now, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I'm amazed that some of "the grown ups" are so out of touch with the overall electorate.

Astonished, I tell thee.

Can you elaborate? I genuinely can’t work out what you’re trying to say lol 

4 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Can you elaborate? I genuinely can’t work out what you’re trying to say lol 

Thinks it's a good thing that people don't bother to engage in any political discourse and just voted Boris cos Brexit I reckon.

Edited by Bryn
  • Like 1

The posts about people always blaming Labour are interesting. I saw someone on the news recently being interviewed in the north east and he blamed the state of current public services on a Labour government. The interviewer didn’t point out they’d been out of power for over a decade.

Part of me thinks that the population has been so dumbed down over the years a lot them will believe any old rubbish.

• Like 3