Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wasyls Pec Deck

How would you vote in a general election - if held tomorrow

How would you vote if there was a general election tomorrow?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. How would you vote in a general election held tomorrow?

On 18/07/2021 at 11:41, urban.spaceman said:

Labour. But there is genuinely no point in me voting as I live in a very safe Tory constituency.

I have the same problem. Labour don't have a cat in hell's chance of winning and usually don't even save their deposit. I tactically voted Lib Dem in 2010 because the Tory incumbent was mired in the expenses scandal. This was the man who bought a tractor trailer-load of horse manure for his garden and claimed for it on parliamentary expenses. I even made up a spoof Tory poster, in the correct colours and typeface but with the moniker Horsesh**t-Amory at the top and put it up outside my house. The Liberal candidate won the election.

In 2015 I returned to Labour because the Liberals went into coalition with the Tories.

22 hours ago, katieakita said:

Run a Post Office and currently taking this Government to Court to comply with the laws of the land. Having witnessed this governments involvement with the biggest miss carriage of justice in modern history and just how many hundreds of millions they are happy to write off to cover their incompetence and corruption leaves me very few options but not or Lib Dem

I have seen quite a bit of this scandal since it blew up a couple of years ago. The behaviour of the government has been absolutely shameful and they should be pressured into giving full compensation to all sub-postmasters who have been unjustly punished for errors not of their making.

Why are there so many Labour lovers in here ? Labour have been in power in Leicester my whole life and never made Leicester any better. A lot of you who voted Labour. I imagine live in Tory Leicestershire and pretend to be some Labour working class heroes yet wouldn’t last a week on a council estate in Leicester  or ever venture into Leicester town centre because it’s shit. The Labour council have done nothing for Leicester in the time I’ve been alive. Who can forget the money braunstone got under the new deal scheme in the Blair days. A swimming bath on the edge of western park and a new library. Didn’t improve the area one bit. 

Labour doesn’t represent the working class anymore, it’s doesn’t represent the poor and doesn’t represent the people they pretend to care about. Labour will win more seats in middle class areas then working class areas. 

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Why are there so many Labour lovers in here ? Labour have been in power in Leicester my whole life and never made Leicester any better. A lot of you who voted Labour. I imagine live in Tory Leicestershire and pretend to be some Labour working class heroes yet wouldn’t last a week on a council estate in Leicester  or ever venture into Leicester town centre because it’s shit. The Labour council have done nothing for Leicester in the time I’ve been alive. Who can forget the money braunstone got under the new deal scheme in the Blair days. A swimming bath on the edge of western park and a new library. Didn’t improve the area one bit. 

Labour doesn’t represent the working class anymore, it’s doesn’t represent the poor and doesn’t represent the people they pretend to care about. Labour will win more seats in middle class areas then working class areas. 

How do you rate improvement in a city ? 

By the way that library does far more just a library. The Surestart just down the road at Fullhurst School closed down by the Tories.

Councils have had to find private individuals/groups/charities willing to take on nursery and charge for child care unlike before their closure. 

LCC still maintain 5 neighbourhood centres and 12 children/family centres despite continued cuts on their budget 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Big Trev would be proud of your impaired vision.

True to your Trevor persona, you're looking in the wrong place.

London itself, the capital of our country votes majority Labour. Do they lack funding as well? 

Imagine bemoaning lack of funding under a Tory government (shock) and attributing blame to local council. It's as impressive as it is scary how brainwashed folk are. How do they get away with it?

Classic Labour voter belittling anyone who doesn’t hold their view. No wonder you can’t win elections. Same with brexit. Why was it, the poorer people Voting leave in some of the poorest areas of Britain yet the Labour champions were against it. What don’t you get … you ain’t the party of the working class and haven’t been for along time. I bet you’re a classic middle class Tory strong hold Labour hero. Why don’t you actually go to these areas you claim to represent and actually talk to some working class people. Foxestalk let’s be honest is mostly made up of labour supporters. Yet if you actually go to a Leicester game I would definitely say it’s mostly tories. 

16 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Classic Labour voter belittling anyone who doesn’t hold their view. No wonder you can’t win elections. Same with brexit. Why was it, the poorer people Voting leave in some of the poorest areas of Britain yet the Labour champions were against it. What don’t you get … you ain’t the party of the working class and haven’t been for along time. I bet you’re a classic middle class Tory strong hold Labour hero. Why don’t you actually go to these areas you claim to represent and actually talk to some working class people. Foxestalk let’s be honest is mostly made up of labour supporters. Yet if you actually go to a Leicester game I would definitely say it’s mostly tories. 

1) I have no idea what your obsession is with ‘Tory stronghold Labour voters’ is and what it even matters. 

2) How on God’s green Earth do you come to the conclusion regarding what % of a football crowd are voters of X political party.

I really don’t get your points, you bemoan the poverty of the country and yet blame a local council (underfunded by central government I may add) rather than the current government? The Tories have been in charge for 11 years now, how is this Labour’s fault? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Finnaldo said:

lol 

Which part of Leicestershire do you live in ? Can you see why many northern towns have turned against labour?  It’s not the party who represent the working class and corbyn hammered  that last nail in the labour coffin. The last labour government ruined Leicester. I’m no Tory and far from it but the labour posh boys in here make me laugh. You all live in nice Tory areas of Leicestershire. Come to actual Leicester and see the wonders Labour have achieved here.

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Which part of Leicestershire do you live in ? Can you see why many northern towns have turned against labour?  It’s not the party who represent the working class and corbyn hammered  that last nail in the labour coffin. The last labour government ruined Leicester. I’m no Tory and far from it but the labour posh boys in here make me laugh. You all live in nice Tory areas of Leicestershire. Come to actual Leicester and see the wonders Labour have achieved here.

Yes mate I grew up around Braunstone before swanning off to the Mecca of affluence Earl Shilton. I work in town centre.

Can you explain how Labour ruined Leicester? 

1 minute ago, Finnaldo said:

Yes mate I grew up around Braunstone before swanning off to the Mecca of affluence Earl Shilton. I work in town centre.

which party has held Leicester for as long as you can remember? If you’re from Braunstone then you should understand what labour have done. Done nothing for any estate in Leicester apart blame the evil torries cutting their funding. Even when Blair/brown was in power, what great changes did they make to any part of Leicester? That new deal thing was set up and literally the money went missing!!! I would never vote Tory and never have however to pretend labour haven’t lost touch with the people they represent is delusional. They don’t represent the everyday working class person. 

40 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

As an anti Tory voter, I hate it say it but you're absolutely spot on in parts of your post.

Most of us are preaching to each other about Labour or the Lib Dems but what exactly does that change in elections when we arent changing anyone's voting preference?

Same goes for bleating about the how shit the Tories are, means jack shit  makes little to no difference if they are crap unless Labour box clever and open the eyes of Tory voters.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

I live in Manchester city centre, one of the safest Labour seats you'll find, and am sceptical of the way Labour are going about their business, too. 

And I didn't even mention Brexit.

Some odd, angry stuff going on there. Which is kind of my whole point.

10 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

You're not allowed to vote Labour if you're middle class, apparently. Or 'posh'. 

The ignorance is bewildering. 

Was labour not set up to represent the working class folks ? Why have the working class folk stop voting labour and labour now rely on middle class people to vote for them ? You don’t see Labour knocking doors in poor areas of Leicester anymore. 

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

I live in Manchester city centre, one of the safest Labour seats you'll find, and am sceptical of the way Labour are going about their business, too. 

And I didn't even mention Brexit.

Some odd, angry stuff going on there. Which is kind of my whole point.

Manchester city centre is one of the most expensive places to live in northern England. Thank you for proving my point. 

Just now, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Manchester city centre is one of the most expensive places to live in northern England. Thank you for proving my point. 

lol

Yes, it's labour's fault that supply and demand exists as an economic construct. Bloody Labour.

Can you explain, in detail, how the actions of Labour MPs increase the cost of living in Manchester? 

Your point was that I live in a Tory stronghold and want to be a 'labour hero', so I'm not sure how I'm supposed to have proved that.

Not sure why I'm attempting to reason with you so I'll stop bothering.

4 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Was labour not set up to represent the working class folks ? Why have the working class folk stop voting labour and labour now rely on middle class people to vote for them ? You don’t see Labour knocking doors in poor areas of Leicester anymore. 

Please educate us about the habits of the middle-class, it sounds like an area of your expertise.

The problem with this country is that our class biases and prejudices go all ways - I've been the victim of class prejudice from working clas lads in the workplace, and of course I've seen it from middle class people too. Don't get me started on the 'elite', who sneer at the lot of us. Attacking those of us that vote Labour/non-Tory and who might or might not live in Tory areas doesn't seem a very sensible way of discussing this. Unless of course, you want our voting choice banned. 

18 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Why have the working class folk stop voting labour 

Not all of them have - and those that have stopped voting for them have done so out of ignorance and misinformation, amongst many others factors.

• Like 2