Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wasyls Pec Deck

How would you vote in a general election - if held tomorrow

How would you vote if there was a general election tomorrow?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. How would you vote in a general election held tomorrow?

14 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Can you explain how Labour ruined Leicester? 
which party has held Leicester for as long as you can remember? If you’re from Braunstone then you should understand what labour have done. Done nothing for any estate in Leicester apart blame the evil torries cutting their funding. Even when Blair/brown was in power, what great changes did they make to any part of Leicester? That new deal thing was set up and literally the money went missing!!! I would never vote Tory and never have however to pretend labour haven’t lost touch with the people they represent is delusional. They don’t represent the everyday working class person. 

Thank you for laying your points out. 

I couldn’t vote in 2010 but if I could I wouldn’t have voted Labour, most likely would have gone Lib Dem. Blair and Brown were far from the best government but I’d still argue they were better than what came immediately before and virtually everything since. When you look at St Martin’s Square, Green Dragon Square, the new recreational development at the old Grand Central Station and the planned redevelopment of the train station and Frog Island I think the city has come on leaps and bounds in recent years, and that’s within the council’s remits. Again, they’ve had their moments of shite, and local MPs like a Vaz (previously) and Webbe don’t deserve their seats (and should be voted out. But on the whole I think Leicester has massively improved in recent years and the council have a hand in that. 

On a national level, I reckon Leicester has more to gain from rail nationalisation (goes for all areas really) and the Buy British platform, given we already have a decent textiles base in the country still. And if they were voted in and did nothing? Then I’d change my vote, probably to Lib Dem, but after 11 years of stagnation on a country we need some kind of change.

10 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Hmm I don’t like any politicians. They are all liars and hypocrites regardless of faction? (IMO) If I do go to vote I will vote Green Party but in all likelihood I will most likely not waste my time. 

Whilst I agree that the overall standard is low, we have to try and at least keep the very worst from power.

• Like 1

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

Whilst I agree that the overall standard is low, we have to try and at least keep the very worst from power.

The problem is I don’t know who is the worst. I’m not anti Boris like many on here. I do think he could have done better but then we don’t know if it was a labour government when the pandemic hit if they would have done a better job either. I guess I’m just anti politicians. 

3 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

The problem is I don’t know who is the worst. I’m not anti Boris like many on here. I do think he could have done better but then we don’t know if it was a labour government when the pandemic hit if they would have done a better job either. I guess I’m just anti politicians. 

Are you aware of how many billions of pounds this government has frittered away? That's just for starters.

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

Are you aware of how many billions of pounds this government has frittered away? That's just for starters.

But that’s the issue for me. Who says other governments wouldn’t have done the same or if not worse?  It’s something we just don’t know.  I’m not pro anyone. I dislike them all 

Just now, Suzie the Fox said:

But that’s the issue for me. Who says other governments wouldn’t have done the same or if not worse?  It’s something we just don’t know.  I’m not pro anyone. I dislike them all 

I get your point Suze, but I think that's a remarkably defeatist argument. There's no way to know or be certain, but you can be absolutely certain on what our current crop of posh, arrogant, over-entitled, anti-intellectual dilettantes have done -  it's a matter of record. What frightens me is that so many people can be so indifferent to such massive incometence and corruption.