Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hollyfox

LCFC early 90's vids

My dad has recently had to go into a care home and we're having to clear out his house. 

Got some old ones on DVD if anyone would like them, or if anyone still has a DVD player😄

Let me know if you or maybe your parents might like them. 

I don't live in Leicester but I can bring them to the wolves game in a few weeks 👍

IMG_20210706_172048.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

My dad has recently had to go into a care home and we're having to clear out his house. 

Got some old ones on DVD if anyone would like them, or if anyone still has a DVD player😄

Let me know if you or maybe your parents might like them. 

I don't live in Leicester but I can bring them to the wolves game in a few weeks 👍

IMG_20210706_172048.jpg

@Footballwipe might be interested in some of it for his YouTube channel.

1 minute ago, apollo4joe said:

The 1990/91 season review is something all younger City supporters should watch, just to see how bad we actually were under David Pleat.

The defending will either make you laugh... or cry.

It's definitely a tough watch. 

I'm in the crowd for a few of them, great days out, but we were pretty terrible until Little came in. 

I always got a bed and breakfast sorted for away games, so after the usual defeat, I went out on the lash in quite a few good towns and cities 

• Like 1

Guest Manley Farrington-Brown
2 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

It's definitely a tough watch. 

I'm in the crowd for a few of them, great days out, but we were pretty terrible until Little came in. 

I always got a bed and breakfast sorted for away games, so after the usual defeat, I went out on the lash in quite a few good towns and cities 

The Oxford game was bloody brilliant though.

As an experience I mean, the game was probably actually a load of crap.

I bought some of those videos when they came out and they were bloody expensive. Around ten quid at the time and you could fill your car up for that. But in a strange way 90/91 was a great season for us. If you don't get promoted then climbing out of the relegation zone on the last day of the season is the next best thing.

48 minutes ago, apollo4joe said:

The 1990/91 season review is something all younger City supporters should watch, just to see how bad we actually were under David Pleat.

I seem to watch that season review every 3 or 4 years and I'm left more and more speechless at the defending every single time, they genuinely look like competition winners week in week out😂 

The one thing I do like being reminded of from that time is what an absolute machine Gary Mills was, seemed to be involved in so many of our goals 

8 hours ago, apollo4joe said:

Every time someone complains about the skill level of one of the current crop, someone should post a video from that season.

If someone had told me at the very start of the 90s when David Pleat after was taking the long, slow way home through Highfields to think about how Sheffield Wednesday had put 4 past us at Filbo, the success the next 30 odd years would bring I’d have laughed at you! 
And the 90s trips to Wembley was just the start

• Like 1

9 hours ago, apollo4joe said:

Being brought up watching the likes of Tony Spearing only made the rest of your city supporting life better

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

I seem to watch that season review every 3 or 4 years and I'm left more and more speechless at the defending every single time, they genuinely look like competition winners week in week out😂 

The one thing I do like being reminded of from that time is what an absolute machine Gary Mills was, seemed to be involved in so many of our goals 

What always stick out in my head whenever I think of that season is Tony James's fantastically accurate lob over Muggletons head (think it was him), great finish. Shame it was an own goal but still, great lob.

13 hours ago, apollo4joe said:

That was the first season I started going regularly, and my only time running on the pitch as we stayed up on the last day...well actually it was more ambling on after 1000's had already ran on.  I think we only averaged 10,000 back then.  Looking back it seems depressing but at the time i loved it.....who knew what incredible heights we would reach?, unthinkable back then.

• Like 1