Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

FIFA Considering rule change.

7 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Basically that will be allowed on the pitch, the clock will stop every time the ball goes out of play and will restart when the ball comes back into play

So will we see a return to the obstruction rule, which seems to have disappeared from the modern game.

57 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

How do you sin bin a goalie? Is running it into the corners and stopping the opponent getting the ball considered time wasting? What happens the first time a game is 3 hours long but only 60 minutes in play?

Take an outfield player off instead (similar to a penalty in ice hockey).

This is all  driven by surveys showing young people are playing video games rather than watching football - 

1) they’re young …. They will grow up

2) what frigging game are they mostly playing on their console ??  Oh yeah, the one that you’re going to mess about with!!! You couldn’t make it up !!!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Kingleicester said:

I’m astonished how many would like to see 30 min a half, bonkers tbf 

I don’t see any negatives to it? Other than ‘it’s always been 45, and that’s what it should stay’?

Enlighten me?

• Like 1

Years ago in the US they had a clock on the big screen, which was stopped for injuries and counted down the seconds like in American (gridiron) football.  It ruined the end of the game as the side in the lead knew exactly how many seconds to waste and the crowd would count it down for the home team.  I am opposed to anything that Americanises the game!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kingleicester said:

I’m astonished how many would like to see 30 min a half, bonkers tbf 

The people wanting 30mins a half are probably some of the same people who go to games and watch 30 mins a half 

• Haha 2

45 min half with stop watch. Fook off with this 30 min bollox.

Will fans pay less for a match ticket and tv subscriptions then seeing as we are getting less entertainment? No? Well fook off then! Lol

Sin bins and an implementation of this i wouldnt mind seeing how it works. The kick in thing doesnt change time wasting but I'm not 100% against it.

Having said that, How about we just focus on the cheating/time wasting/fake injuries and punish players for it (during or after the game) Surely thats all we need? And yes, that means yellow cards can be retroactively upgraded and both yellows/red can be rescinded etc. Perhaps fine people for yellows and reds too..

The goal has to be to make people accountable so that we get flowing, attacking, exciting football with limited cheating.

Soft and hard Salary cap would be good too!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

The people wanting 30mins a half are probably some of the same people who go to games and watch 30 mins a half 

I have left only one game early, ever, and that was Fulham semi in the Wortho semi becaus I’d have missed my train (heard our equaliser walking out the ground!) Unlike the ‘hardcore’ fans who leave to get the beers at half time early and get angry and leave when we’re losing!

15 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

45 min half with stop watch. Fook off with this 30 min bollox.

Will fans pay less for a match ticket and tv subscriptions then seeing as we are getting less entertainment? No? Well fook off then! Lol

It’s like people are incapable at looking at facts (see pandemics!).

We currently get <30 mins of actual football every half whether it’s called 45min or x time.

We’d get more football and less time wasting and certainly less ‘Fergie Time’ if it was all open and transparent.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Phube said:

I have left only one game early, ever, and that was Fulham semi in the Wortho semi becaus I’d have missed my train (heard our equaliser walking out the ground!) Unlike the ‘hardcore’ fans who leave to get the beers at half time early and get angry and leave when we’re losing!

It’s like people are incapable at looking at facts (see pandemics!).

We currently get <30 mins of actual football every half whether it’s called 45min or x time.

We’d get more football and less time wasting and certainly less ‘Fergie Time’ if it was all open and transparent.

The facts are we are and always were supposed to 'play' 45 minutes plus time added for time wasting etc. I do agree though that we clearly play less than 45 minutes unless its fergie time lol

1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

You understand we all watch about 30 minutes a half of actual football. If the clock stopped the game would be almost exactly the same length just without timewasting

27 minutes ago, Robo61 said:

I stand corrected, though FIFA hold 50% of the voting power of the IFAB.

Correct they do, they also need 75% of the vote to push these rules though so need to convince 2 of the home nations to go along with them which I can’t envision happening 

2 hours ago, cheshamfox17 said:

You understand we all watch about 30 minutes a half of actual football. If the clock stopped the game would be almost exactly the same length just without timewasting

Yes I do, key question is will it improve the quality of football? If not then why change if the game would be almost exactly the same length 

30 min halves and stopped clocks would change the dynamic of the game. I like the fact that teams that are behind rush to take throw ins and free kicks. And teams with a lead push, as far as the ref will allow, to slow the game down. It's part of football. It's up to the referees to stop time wasting within the current rules of the game. 

• Like 2

On 20/07/2021 at 23:52, Sly said:

The first change would see halves reduced to 30 minutes each, with a stopwatch used whenever there is any interruption in the match.

Do they mean the watch will stop similar to Rugby? If so I'm cool with that. I've always wanted some sort of sin-bin for intentional dangerous play that's not considered a red, not sure I want it attached to all yellows tbh. All this though needs to be in conjunction with better refereeing and a complete change in on-pitch culture between referees and players. And we know that wont happen. I would have ALL communication go between the captain and ref' unless the ref specifically pulls a player aside to warn them (and even then the captain is present and is the only representative of the team who can talk). If players do chat in any way (and I mean in any way) that would be a warning to the captain followed by yellow card offenses. That combative and niggling nature between refs and players has to go for a more healthy relationship to officiate a match. 

The rest are all BS and unneeded but unlimited changes is literally the worse idea of the lot. Just more pandering to the big clubs. But my guess is the whole lot will be binned with the subs staying as they are (5) so they can call it a compromise (almost as if it was all planned). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Phube said:

I don’t see any negatives to it? Other than ‘it’s always been 45, and that’s what it should stay’?

Enlighten me?

Like banning goalies from picking up backpasses or having substitutes! The game's gone mad.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Yes I do, key question is will it improve the quality of football? If not then why change if the game would be almost exactly the same length 

That's why you have these sorts of test, right? Out of all these that's got to be the easiest one to judge as you can stop-watch the games and time them. Personally I'd hope they had plenty of testing and also changed the timing (ie 35 mins, 40mins and 45mins) just to understand where the sweet spot (if there's any) is. 

• Like 1