Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

FIFA Considering rule change.

On 21/07/2021 at 00:59, The Horse's Mouth said:

How about ****ing leave it how it is

They can’t, because some member of the Cambridge university netball team, has to change things because they’re ‘woke’….

Get. in. The. ****ing. Bin.

The only change needed to be made is oversized 90’s shirts come back and pre season tours arranged by Stan Collymore. 

1 hour ago, Jattdogg said:

We might not be but that's what we should be getting and what I personally want to see.  

Impossible. The ball will inevitably go out of play. There will inevitably be stoppages for injuries and for set piece set up etc.

What you're asking for would require no rules and boards to kick off of instead of touchlines lol

1 hour ago, Nod.E said:

Impossible. The ball will inevitably go out of play. There will inevitably be stoppages for injuries and for set piece set up etc.

What you're asking for would require no rules and boards to kick off of instead of touchlines lol

Not really, just have a different opinion/view. To each their own.

14 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Not really, just have a different opinion/view. To each their own.

Yeah, but if I had the opinion that I could do Usain Bolt over 100 metres, I'd be wrong.

You cannot expect the ball to not go out of play or for the game to not have some stoppages. It's as close to a statement of fact you're likely to get without it being 100% factual. 

On 22/07/2021 at 08:47, Captain... said:

Another approach is a 10/20 second timer to get the ball back in play, fail to get it in play then you lose possession and the opposition get the set-piece. This may work better than booking a player for time wasting.

I sort of agree, but do we not already have a rule as to how long the GK can keep the ball in their hands? It used to be six seconds, but all we see now is keepers trundling the ball along the floor and only picking it up to kick or if pressed by an attacker. Referees hardly ever punish keepers for holding the ball too long.

What does grind my gears is the amount of time to take a free kick, there should as you say be a time limit, and that also extends to the defending team. How often do we see the ref holding up the taker until the defence has got its wall sorted out etc. and a quick free kick is almost always pulled back by the ref to be retaken. Surely if there was a rule that the defending team were given a maximum of say 30 seconds to be ready, after which the attacking side could take the kick that would certainly speed things up, and also swing the advantage back to the attacking team, who after all should be the ones benefiting from the foul. If defenders try and obstruct the play by not retreating the requisite ten yards within the time allotted, its an instant yellow (another thing that refs seem to let go far too often). Simple

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, urban fox said:

What does grind my gears is the amount of time to take a free kick, there should as you say be a time limit, and that also extends to the defending team. How often do we see the ref holding up the taker until the defence has got its wall sorted out etc. and a quick free kick is almost always pulled back by the ref to be retaken. Surely if there was a rule that the defending team were given a maximum of say 30 seconds to be ready, after which the attacking side could take the kick that would certainly speed things up, and also swing the advantage back to the attacking team, who after all should be the ones benefiting from the foul. If defenders try and obstruct the play by not retreating the requisite ten yards within the time allotted, its an instant yellow (another thing that refs seem to let go far too often). Simple

Way too sensible for them to adopt - fwiw, I often think that a free kick on the edge of the box is the refs opportunity to take centre stage and many of them extend the length of time it takes in order to be there for longer …..

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Way too sensible for them to adopt - fwiw, I often think that a free kick on the edge of the box is the refs opportunity to take centre stage and many of them extend the length of time it takes in order to be there for longer …..

Some of them certainly do seem to use the opportunity to make it clear that they are the ones in charge and controlling things rather than letting the teams get on with it. It often seems to me that by giving away a foul on the edge of the box, then taking as long as you want to organise a wall (including the doorstop player) it actually shifts the advantage to the defending team. How many goals do we actually see scored from direct free kicks right on the edge as it is actually very difficult to get the ball over or around the wall that close to the goal, and if central not much opportunity to play the play into another attacker. If you try and take it quickly sideways to get a runner in behind, the ref will invariably pull it back.

I'm not opposed to the two 35 minutes halves, if time was active only when the ball was in play. I would like to bet most games there are 10 minutes in each half where the ball is not active. It would also be like rugby, no arguments over the length of stoppage time.

4 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Yeah, but if I had the opinion that I could do Usain Bolt over 100 metres, I'd be wrong.

That depends on your sprinting game. Perhaps you are usain bolt 2.0. Records always fall at some point. :)

Doesn't matter our difference of opinion i think we can both agree more needs to be done about cutting time wasting and fake injuries out of the game. At least those convos are being had which is a plus.