Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Pre-Match Thread vs Burton Albion (A) Saturday 24th July 3pm - Youtube/LCFC TV

I am looking forward to this more so than i would generally be for a pre season friendly.

It will be interesting to see if any of the new signings start, what formation we play etc. Would be good to get a look at them, as well as the likes of KDH and Sowah.  Obviously there will be a lot of changes and subs as the whole point is to get match fitness into as many legs as possible.

Presuming the belgian lads and Kasper will still be on holidays after the euros and there are still one or two walking wounded (Evans, JJ and not sure about Barnes) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, urban fox said:

I am looking forward to this more so than i would generally be for a pre season friendly.

It will be interesting to see if any of the new signings start, what formation we play etc. Would be good to get a look at them, as well as the likes of KDH and Sowah.  Obviously there will be a lot of changes and subs as the whole point is to get match fitness into as many legs as possible.

Presuming the belgian lads and Kasper will still be on holidays after the euros and there are still one or two walking wounded (Evans, JJ and not sure about Barnes) 

Oh, I forgot about Sowah! Has he ever played for us before in a friendly or did he go straight out on loan? 

Edited by rachhere

Just now, rachhere said:

Oh, I forgot about Sowah! Has he ever played for us before in a friendly or did he go straight out on loan? 

Went out on loan to Leuven same day he joined us, so today could be his first ever appearance for us!

• Like 1

Should be an interesting one. As others have said Daka, KDH and Soumaré are the ones I’m most excited to see.

Imagine we’ll see 2 different XI’s. Would go something like the below. Might also see a diamond so we can see a front 2 with Kelechi:

Iverson 

Ricardo - Fofana - Söyüncü - Thomas 

Soumaré - Ndidi - KDH

Sowah   -    Vardy   -   Barnes 

Jakupovic

VDC - Amartey - Benkovic - Bertrand 

Mendy 

Albrighton              Choudhury     
                   Maddison 

Iheanacho - Daka

• Like 3

Don’t know about anyone else, but I’m really looking forward to hearing an away end in full voice.

It might only be a preseason friendly, but if you’re going get a few songs in. I’ve missed watching football with all the sounds of the game.

5 minutes ago, KingsleyPhiri said:

Line ups?

Normally around an hour before kick off they are announced, so 2pm here roughly.

Hope that helps.

Probably find it is a mixture of first team players and under 23's. 

Likely play a different XI each half, so Daka should get 45 minutes I suspect.

Edited by MGLCFC
  • Like 1