Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Match Thread vs Burton Albion (A) - Youtube/LCFC TV

2 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:

Let's just move on to the Wycome game and agree to disagree you're an idiot. People haven't turned up to this game to watch a training session, they've travelled to watch their team to win a game of football.

And that's the mistake people make with friendlies in the main. They are not treated as games off football, they're training or experimental sessions.

It's why mugging fans off for £15-20 a time is a joke, because most spend the game scrolling their phone through utter boredom.

In 2013 we were woeful in a friendly against Northampton three days before the season started. We won the league with 102 points.

Micro analysing and overthinking a glorified training session is one of the most pointless things you can do. Move on.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Anyway, those moaning about today, a) get a grip, and b) if pre season results did matter I’m pretty sure we had a shit pre season the year we won the PL lol 

Anyway, those moaning about today, a) get a grip, and b) if pre season results did matter I’m pretty sure we had a shit pre season the year we won the PL lol 

We won every game actually lol but it really doesn’t mean anything. 

I hope this once and for all means Kel won’t take any more pens though 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

It's a pre season game you tool, our first at that. It's about gaining fitness in the main.

And BA have played already so are more up to speed.

We are always a bit shit in pre-season anyway.

5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

That bag of medals is deffo ending up on a grass verge off the A50.

Whoever misses a pen at practice Monday is going to have to wear one for the rest of the day.

Tbf, I'm not sure it's a plural (those), more like just one person and I'm not convinced he/she is serious.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

And that's the mistake people make with friendlies in the main. They are not treated as games off football, they're training or experimental sessions.

It's why mugging fans off for £15-20 a time is a joke, because most spend the game scrolling their phone through utter boredom.

In 2013 we were woeful in a friendly against Northampton three days before the season started. We won the league with 102 points.

Micro analysing and overthinking a glorified training session is one of the most pointless things you can do. Move on.

We used 22 players and still had probably 8 first teamers missing (Schmeichel, Evans, Tielemans, Albrighton, Perez, Barnes, Castagne, Praet). Take away the pointless penalty shoot-out and it is a drab draw between a decent League One team and a Premier League team utilising most available members of the squad, most of whom haven't played for two months.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Whoever misses a pen at practice Monday is going to have to wear one for the rest of the day.

Think that would count as cruel and inhumane punishment!

Thought team 2 were better, nobody was poor though Kelechi looked half asleep , KDH was better and busier than Maddison. Luke was very good , he should exceed Chilwell in my opinion. Benko looks like Baresi against this standard, must be the most unhurried defender I have seen in a long while. A useful warm up I thought.

• Like 2