Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Match Thread vs Burton Albion (A) - Youtube/LCFC TV

29 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Anyway, those moaning about today, a) get a grip, and b) if pre season results did matter I’m pretty sure we had a shit pre season the year we won the PL lol 

27 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

We won every game actually lol but it really doesn’t mean anything. 

We actually drew 1-1 at Mansfield that pre-season. (Won the others at Lincoln, Burton, Rotherham and Birmingham)

CITY v Mansfield: Schwarzer (Schmeichel 46), Simpson (Wasilewski 62), Moore (Huth 62), Chilwell (Albrighton 62), De Laet (Drinkwater 62), Lawrence (c) (King 62), Hammond (Schlupp 62), Barmby (Mahrez 62), Nugent (Ulloa 62), Okazaki (Vardy 62), Kramarić (Fuchs 62) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Was anyone impressed by the younger players. KDH did ok but I don't think anyone else will pushing the first team any time soon.

Thomas was very good , Fofana wasn't, Sowah was lively and should get a few games.Mostly I thought they did OK.

Actually thought Benkovic was better than I thought he would be. Think Sowah will need a loan to the championship if possible. KDH looked neat on the ball. 

Thomas is class. Better than chilwell at the same age by a mile. 

Masawanhise looked pretty lively. End product was a little schluppesque. Sublime touch at times. 

Highly doubt many if any of the above will be involved much this season. KDH is probably closest 

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, manders86 said:

Actually thought Benkovic was better than I thought he would be. Think Sowah will need a loan to the championship if possible. KDH looked neat on the ball. 

Masawanhise looked pretty lively. End product was a little schluppesque. Sublime touch at times. 

Highly doubt many if any of the above will be involved much this season. KDH is probably closest 

Thomas has got a fair chance I'd say.....

3 minutes ago, manders86 said:

Be very surprised if we send Sowah on loan considering how light we are on wingers.

• Like 1

The first pre season game, and only 45 minutes each, but my take on some of the performances is, Soumare looks promising, started really well, but his impact faded as the half wore on, but i have a feeling he is going to be a big player for us.  Felt a bit sorry for Daka, he had no service what so ever, and he must have finished the half feeling like he hadn`t even had a game. So difficult to have any opinion on him.

I thought  Masawanhise was the bright spark from the first half, pacey, has quick feet and always looking to turn and run at the defender. Very impressed with his confidence for someone who is only 18. 

Bertrand was what we would expect, steady eddie, and will be good cover for Thomas.

Fofana looked a bit rusty, but we know how good he is anyway. Ricardo a bit rusty too, i just hope we see the old Ricardo again, because he was the best attacking right back in the league until his injury.

Second half, Thomas was the standout, really excellent from him.  Vardy and Nacho started the half well, but as our tempo faded after about 10 minutes, they became isolated and went out of the game a bit.

Liked the look of KDH, decent on the ball, looks to play the pass quicker than Maddison, and looks to play forward more than Maddison, he played some good long passes to switch the play too. Looks like he could be real competition for Maddison, which will hopefully help to raise Maddisons own game, so that has to be a good thing. 

Sowah started brightly, but seemed to lack the confidence of  Masawanhise, but you can see has ability and potential.

Amartey was Amartey, ok until he has the ball at his feet, then looks like a bombscare,  Benko was fine I thought.

I would say Daley Campbell was the most disappointing, but i have seen him numerous times in the under 23s, and he has been worse than average, so i wasn`t surprised he was so poor today.

Overall, not a great watch, not a great performance, but it doesn`t matter until the Wolves game, although i would be extremely happy if we turned up for the Charity Shield game too.

Edited by smudger63
  • Like 1