Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ajax and Neres want to part ways, if ever there was a loan (big fee) + option to buy then this is it. £5m loan fee would do it and then another £20m + add on's next summer.

Not been best of late, but seems ideal Neres) and not sure if TransferMrkt is broken but it states Antony played 30 odd games in Eredvise AND 30 odd games in Serie A this season.  lol

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Not been best of late, but seems ideal Neres) and not sure if TransferMrkt is broken but it states Antony played 30 odd games in Eredvise AND 30 odd games in Serie A this season.  lol

Finally back fit and showed a bit of a return to form. Feels very much like the position Cengiz Ünder was I last summer, not that that went well 😂

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not if it means we risk losing our target/s. We know we can cash in on Praet. Ghezzal is pretty much gone, so it's then whether we can get the required interest in Choudhury for north of £10m. We'd get £15m for Praet quite comfortably.

Never happen with Choudhury.  15 for Praet is on the low end, though.

Sowah looks like a promising player, but it would be a colossal risk to rely on him as your main hope at RW - it's entirely likely he's not ready.

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not if it means we risk losing our target/s. We know we can cash in on Praet. Ghezzal is pretty much gone, so it's then whether we can get the required interest in Choudhury for north of £10m. We'd get £15m for Praet quite comfortably.

Until they are gone, they aren’t gone. You can’t guarantee anything. 

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Until they are gone, they aren’t gone. You can’t guarantee anything. 

Its the personal terms that stops things happening not the fee. We pay our players well other teams not so well.

32 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Never happen with Choudhury.  15 for Praet is on the low end, though.

Sowah looks like a promising player, but it would be a colossal risk to rely on him as your main hope at RW - it's entirely likely he's not ready.

There will be ambitious Championship clubs that would pay £8-10m for Hamza. I think promoted PL teams might pay a bit more.

1 minute ago, majaco said:

Choudhury is potentially useful to us.   This is part because of the AFCONs.  Imo it makes more.swnse for Mendy to move on.

I had considered that, but Mendy is better than Hamza as a DCM. I think when AFCON is on we'll play a midfield 3 of Soumare, KDH and Tielemans. Although Soumare and KDH aren't destroyers they can work as a team to snuff out the opposition.

• Like 2

If Leon Bailey ends up going to villa and we just let him slip by it shows we just don't know what our priorities are within the first team.

WE CANNOT GO ANOTHER SEASON WITHOUT A RW.

I'm dreading seeing Perez another season 😫

Just now, Fox85 said:

If Leon Bailey ends up going to villa and we just let him slip by it shows we just don't know what our priorities are within the first team.

You won’t

23 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

You mean priorities like LB cover, a CM that can cover Ndidi well and gives more options in midfield and a striker so we have more options and having more then 2 strikers. Whilst having a young prospect RW coming back from doing well on loan 

This has been rumbling on for some time now and after last year and with the clubs successive planning then I can only hope that with the low whistling noises about players playing in this position, concrete at least, that it's in hand. 

We have had media mentions of Sidnei Tavares, Coutinho, Robin Gosens, Francisco Trincao, Mikkel Damsgaard, Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Amine Adli, Matheus Pereira, Noni Madueke and a few more. But that's it, nothing more than media mentions. 

If you drew a line up our formation splitting the pitch in half then you get the following;

Schmeichel 

Castagne/Fofana/Evans/JJ

Perez/Soumare/Tielemans/Barnes 

Maddison

Vardy 

Ignore who I've named as it doesn't matter save for two players and they are Soumare and Tielemans. It was evident last season and the previous one that whilst Tielemans has his own job to do, that at the same time his player on the right (soumare) is stronger/faster and will invariably foray past tielemans more often whether under duress or moving the play up the pitch. Tielemans is better playing the way he does and that shouldn't change for me. 

With this in mind Soumare's positioning and playing the ball sideways and forward out wide is different to tielemams. There is a distinct pace issue from left (Barnes) to right (perez). There were so many times last season when castagna was marking his man and perez lost the ball that Ndidi had to step out of DM to try and sort it whilst at the same time we then had teams punching through us either centrally, or in the gap that Ndidi had left where the opposition were knocking the ball out to the other side.

Its all all well and good having Soumare on board to add strength/pace/cover to Ndidi or mendy etc but the RW we need ought to bring 1 thing to the team;

1. What Barnes brings (with the wingbacks up with them and with the pace for both positions to cover up and down)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

This has been rumbling on for some time now and after last year and with the clubs successive planning then I can only hope that with the low whistling noises about players playing in this position, concrete at least, that it's in hand. 

We have had media mentions of Sidnei Tavares, Coutinho, Robin Gosens, Francisco Trincao, Mikkel Damsgaard, Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Amine Adli, Matheus Pereira, Noni Madueke and a few more. But that's it, nothing more than media mentions. 

If you drew a line up our formation splitting the pitch in half then you get the following;

Schmeichel 

Castagne/Fofana/Evans/JJ

Perez/Soumare/Tielemans/Barnes 

Maddison

Vardy 

Ignore who I've named as it doesn't matter save for two players and they are Soumare and Tielemans. It was evident last season and the previous one that whilst Tielemans has his own job to do, that at the same time his player on the right (soumare) is stronger/faster and will invariably foray past tielemans more often whether under duress or moving the play up the pitch. Tielemans is better playing the way he does and that shouldn't change for me. 

With this in mind Soumare's positioning and playing the ball sideways and forward out wide is different to tielemams. There is a distinct pace issue from left (Barnes) to right (perez). There were so many times last season when castagna was marking his man and perez lost the ball that Ndidi had to step out of DM to try and sort it whilst at the same time we then had teams punching through us either centrally, or in the gap that Ndidi had left where the opposition were knocking the ball out to the other side.

Its all all well and good having Soumare on board to add strength/pace/cover to Ndidi or mendy etc but the RW we need ought to bring 1 thing to the team;

1. What Barnes brings (with the wingbacks up with them and with the pace for both positions to cover up and down)

Very well said

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Afcon and EL -- but we would get far more for Choudhury. Although I think finances are less of a concern than some on the forum.

The fee is incidental , tell me again ,what is Hamza's current contract? He is not going to take less money from anybody.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

The fee is incidental , tell me again ,what is Hamza's current contract? He is not going to take less money from anybody.

Prem teams (where he is most likely to move to) will be fine paying what he is currently on.

Just now, moore_94 said:

Prem teams (where he is most likely to move to) will be fine paying what he is currently on.

In which case he might be interested. We have to understand professional footballers will not take a dock in pay just to please those who wish to see them gone.

6 hours ago, sylofox said:

Time is a human concept and clocks are a man made aid. So the clock has not been ticking for 4.5 billion years at all.

Interesting perspective

but entropy has been increasing since the Big Bang which makes me think time existed before humans 

5 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

In which case he might be interested. We have to understand professional footballers will not take a dock in pay just to please those who wish to see them gone.

No, but they may take a paycut in order to go out and play regular first team football, as seems to be the case with Hamza.

Joining a club like Newcastle as a first team player he would probably get his £60k a week anyway.

• Like 1

Just now, moore_94 said:

No, but they may take a paycut in order to go out and play regular first team football, as seems to be the case with Hamza.

Joining a club like Newcastle as a first team player he would probably get his £60k a week anyway.

There is no way that Choudhury is on 60 bags a week here.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't think he is either haha but I believe that is what the guy I replied to has suggested he is on before (although I reckon he got that from that Spotrac website)

52 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

According to salary sport.com his salary is 3,100,000 a year. The other salaries listed seem about right so I have to assume his is as well.