Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

2 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I think CL was probably a pipe dream anyway, but without signing a wide attacker who can play on the right as an upgrade over who we have, I think you can forget about it.  It was our biggest need and despite a record net spend, we've done nothing to address it.

I’m really surprised we haven’t got one in as it’s been our biggest weakness for a couple of seasons now 

• Like 4

I do wonder if there will be some movement on this even if it’s toward the end of month when clubs who desperately need cash have to sell and we’ll pick up a loan with an option to buy with payments staggered as a result.

Shaqiri for £8-10m would have been amazing business. Anyone that thinks differently is just plain wrong. Apparently we have enquired about his situation, but his preference is to leave the Premier League for a new challenge on the continent. Shame really 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, peach0000 said:

He’s not good enough. No better than what we already have. Average is being kind to him.

We talking about his height?  Makes a friggin Hobbit look tall. And there is the fact that he’s fairly shit too. 

• Sad 1

I still think something will happen here for sure.

We've made some excellent signings this summer, but signing Soumare will look a bit odd if we don't offload one of Praet or Hamza (or both).

Granted perhaps we had to move this summer to get ahead of other teams but still, the balance of our summer will be well off if we don't swap a CM for some RW cash.

8 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I think CL was probably a pipe dream anyway, but without signing a wide attacker who can play on the right as an upgrade over who we have, I think you can forget about it.  It was our biggest need and despite a record net spend, we've done nothing to address it.

8d18b849de896324497f204dc63cd9bf.jpeg

• Like 1

We can still get a Loan Right winger in, we won't sign two cb only one, but we need sell 2-3 players, cause the squad is getting too big, players like Hamza and Praet should go, with benkovic going out on loan

Edited by Danny280995
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Shaqiri for £8-10m would have been amazing business. Anyone that thinks differently is just plain wrong. Apparently we have enquired about his situation, but his preference is to leave the Premier League for a new challenge on the continent. Shame really 

dad414e233e5f9d2afae9e1dcb23861f.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Mapperleyfox said:

I expect any more incomings may be dependant on one or two players leaving.

If we get £10-15m for Choudhary and £5m for Ghezzal for example, i'd expect some movement.

Probably go down to the wire though.

Ghezzal has left

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danny280995 said:

We can still get a Loan Right winger in, we won't sign two cb only one, but we need sell 2-3 players, cause the squad is getting too big, players like Hamza and Praet should go, with benkovic going out on loan

We lose Amartey and Ndidi for ACON in January don’t we. So that’s a backup centre back and our fall back centre back. We still need another with all our injuries.

Edited by les-tah

14 minutes ago, Mapperleyfox said:

Haha shows how much attention i pay these days...

What transfer fee did we get for him roughly?

It's not been officially announced yet, so you haven't missed anything.

The only concrete information we have is that he has flown to Turkey ready to complete the deal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, les-tah said:

We lose Amartey and Ndidi for ACON in January don’t we. So that’s a backup centre back and our fall back centre back. We still need another with all our injuries.

Ndidi, Mendy, Amartey, Iheanacho, Sowah will all likely be missing. Thankfully Zambia didn't qualify so Daka will be here.

7 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Huge loss! Can cope with the others as long as Vardy/Daka are fit. 

Let's be selfish and hope Nigeria get knocked out early. Doubtful though with the team they have but African football is strange and often the team with the best players dont always do well. 

4 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Huge loss! Can cope with the others as long as Vardy/Daka are fit. 

The loss of Ndidi hopefully can be mitigated with a midfield 3 of Soumare, Youri and KDH. All 3 are good tacklers, can play the deep CM role as well as alternate breaking forward. Alternatively Hamza is kept back purely for January.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NewquayFox said:

Only leaves Choudhury as our DM… :o

Soumare with his physicality will do OK there. Obviously not N'didi level defence but certainly got the strength to battle. We could switch to 3 CM's with Tielemans, KDH and Soumare too.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Ndidi, Mendy, Amartey, Iheanacho, Sowah will all likely be missing. Thankfully Zambia didn't qualify so Daka will be here.

Not sure whether the club didn't have a player in mind when they gave mendy that contract and I'd be surprised if they did just because we had injuries and he played fairly well, but it seems a tad wreckless now. Saving grace is Daka being here out of what you've mentioned.

I really hope we can nail a loan option RW as I'm getting concerned the more I think about it with both right full backs and right wingers injuries/out of position players.

3 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Not sure whether the club didn't have a player in mind when they gave mendy that contract and I'd be surprised if they did just because we had injuries and he played fairly well, but it seems a tad wreckless now. Saving grace is Daka being here out of what you've mentioned.

I really hope we can nail a loan option RW as I'm getting concerned the more I think about it with both right full backs and right wingers injuries/out of position players.

When we gave Mendy a new contract he didn't represent Senegal, So, it was probably for exactly this reason (i.e. cover for AFCON) that we did it!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lcfceaves said:

Was hoping we’d try for Mahrez 👀 but In all

seriousness that was never going to happen but why, oh why did all the sad little boys (probably fully grown men) boo him? 

...there are players that  I have a dislike for such as: mickail-Smith, Jelavic, Tom Ince and Shane Long, all players we chased supposedly, continually upped our fee and they still said no to coming here.

There players who have left the club such as: Kante, Drinkwater, Gradel and Nugent who I was sorry to see go, but Mahrez is the player that I would not be happy to see anywhere near the club again!!

He is part of the club's folklore and for some forever a great, but for me, he is better off somewhere else.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1