Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

58 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Aguero is one of the greatest strikers of recent times , he won't replace him . Pep got lucky having him and Silva at club when he joined. Now you take De Brunye out of the team and they are good but not that good. Grealish and possibly Kane are not going to change that much. Their high press ,possession football can be outmanoeuvred as Chelsea, Man.Utd., Tottenham and yes, us have proved.

Haaland or Kane would be massive for Man City. I'm surprised Man City haven't gone all out for Haaland, I can only assume it's the awful person representing him that is putting the biggest clubs off

18 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Iheanacho and Daka are strikers, not wingers or even wide forwards.  Praet will never be in Rodgers' circle of trust.  KDH and Sowah are totally inexperienced and Soumare is primarily a DM.  We had Vardy, Maddison and Tielemans at the end of last season and still sputtered to the wire, only Kelechi's hot streak salvaging anything from that run of games.  We're desperately thin for wide attackers and no less so than we were last season.  If Barnes goes down, we're screwed again.

I doubt it 

I agree Barnes is MASSIVE for us. We have to keep him and Ricky fit, healthy and injury free. When is JJ coming back btw? Mahrez looks very chunky so odd when we've become used to the slender, agile nippy version at Leicester. Kane will probably go before deadline day - city are just dragging this out to save a few million in discount it's such a bore. 

8 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

I agree Barnes is MASSIVE for us. We have to keep him and Ricky fit, healthy and injury free. When is JJ coming back btw? Mahrez looks very chunky so odd when we've become used to the slender, agile nippy version at Leicester. Kane will probably go before deadline day - city are just dragging this out to save a few million in discount it's such a bore. 

JJ is expected to return around November.

15 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Who?

With current injuries, I'd personally play a 433 with:

Schmeichel 

Ricardo Vestergaard Soyuncu Bertrand (or Thomas) 

Soumare Tielemans Ndidi 

Front 3 perm any 3 from Barnes Vardy IIheanacho and Daka.

Should Ricardo or Bertrand overlap, the midfield are well capable of covering. Maddison and the unused forward are terrific impact subs if a change of tactics are required. A high press from any of those 3 would be enough to scare the pants off most defences.

Out and out old style wingers for me have had their day. Any of the above 4 are capable of pulling wide if needed and at least 3 are rapid and capable at running at people. 

No need for Perez. Maddison can rest his hip if required. With the protection of Ndidi and Soumare, Tielemans has more time as playmaker. 

Edited by volpeazzurro

3 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Given that this is an unusual window, with less movement than normal, a lot of clubs will be staring down the barrel, with players they cannot afford to keep. Presumably.

I wish this didn't run so far into the season, its such a distraction.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
6 hours ago, Fightforever said:

If Villa were willing to sell for cheap I would not mind having El Ghazi. 

Wtf.

15 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If we don't sign one then play Sowah or Maswanhise. As soon as you start trying to convince yourself that a 28 year old right back can suddenly become a winger again after they became a very very good player as a full back then you know things are starting to creak.

Our fans will happily see us sign another centre half but make excuses for why we might not need to sign another winger. 

Exactly this….. this talk of converting Riccy into a winger is utter nonsense. 

The reason we missed out on a CL place last season wasn’t our softness… or injuries (although they probably didn’t help) it was out lack of goals from a proper right sided attacking player.

We’ve replaced Maguire, we’ve replaced Chilwell, We’ve replaced both Drinkwater and Kante, and we’ve even potentially replaced Vardy. But we still haven’t replaced Mahrez. 

Noni is the man, and if not I’d be tempted to dangle a carrot in front of Mike Ashley for ASM….. he’d sell his mother at the right price. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Exactly this….. this talk of converting Riccy into a winger is utter nonsense. 

The reason we missed out on a CL place last season wasn’t our softness… or injuries (although they probably didn’t help) it was out lack of goals from a proper right sided attacking player.

We’ve replaced Maguire, we’ve replaced Chilwell, We’ve replaced both Drinkwater and Kante, and we’ve even potentially replaced Vardy. But we still haven’t replaced Mahrez. 

Noni is the man, and if not I’d be tempted to dangle a carrot in front of Mike Ashley for ASM….. he’d sell his mother at the right price. 

I'd argue a left footed (ideally) right sided attacker has been the priority since Rodgers walked in the door and it still hasn't been addressed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I'd argue a left footed (ideally) right sided attacker has been the priority since Rodgers walked in the door and it still hasn't been addressed.

They’re a rarity unfortunately. Players like ASM were not gambled on by bigger clubs possibly due to his injury and inconsistency, but he is showing at Newcastle to carry them through games at times. I’m a better side he would be a threat. And the only reason I suggest this is because Ashley has zero ambition and will absolutely sell.

Daka is second to Haarlandnkn terms of potential and we’ve identified him as the Vardy replacement. Noni, is probably the other major talent, and we’re such a good choice of club because he will get a chance, unlike a move to a more established top side who want an end product straight away. 

Im pretty sure we will get one. Despite what some think were far from skint, but this is a position we’ve failed to strengthen as you’ve said, so the move needs to be right we can’t just go for anyone or a make do. It’s Noni or ASM for me. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

The right man is unfortunately very expensive , we don't appear to have the money.

29 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

The right man is unfortunately very expensive , we don't appear to have the money.

You’ve gone from being an analyst of players you’ve never seen play to lcfcs accountant…. Opinions are what makes football great but come on man like the rest of us you have little to no clue of the actual ins and outs of the club finances nor what we have in the kitty!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Because it's not the priority for him.

Just now, dbtcity said:

You’ve gone from being an analyst of players you’ve never seen play to lcfcs accountant…. Opinions are what makes football great but come on man like the rest of us you have little to no clue of the actual ins and outs of the club finances nor what we have in the kitty!

Of course I don't , but we have a net spend of 57 million so far this window so my assumption is another 35 million is unlikely. We can get a cheaper option maybe but you only normally get what you pay for. We are fully aware of areas we can strengthen every club is but you can't have everything. I think we will be fine with what we have.

20 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Of course I don't , but we have a net spend of 57 million so far this window so my assumption is another 35 million is unlikely. We can get a cheaper option maybe but you only normally get what you pay for. We are fully aware of areas we can strengthen every club is but you can't have everything. I think we will be fine with what we have.

It isn't £57m all in one go though, it has been said on here that we got very good payment terms for Daka and Soumare, and maybe we did with Vestergaard as well

11 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

It isn't £57m all in one go though, it has been said on here that we got very good payment terms for Daka and Soumare, and maybe we did with Vestergaard as well

It’s obvious we’re in the market, Alan Nixon has suggested that King Power are willing to invest further with an eye on future sellable assets. 

The club will also be careful if they sense a bargain, if PSV don’t qualify Noni will be available.