Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

7 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

It’s obvious we’re in the market, Alan Nixon has suggested that King Power are willing to invest further with an eye on future sellable assets. 

The club will also be careful if they sense a bargain, if PSV don’t qualify Noni will be available. 

Alan Nixon is a cheap hack with that evil rag the Sun, so I wouldn't rely on him as a source.

29 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Alan Nixon is a cheap hack with that evil rag the Sun, so I wouldn't rely on him as a source.

That old chestnut, it’s the sun (I don’t read any newspaper BTW) therefore he can’t be trusted, very subjective there. 

He has been quite reliable, no matter what you opinion is, it’s really irrelevant. 

You know what they say, opinions are like Ar*seholes, everyone has one. 

Edited by Lesta Legend
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

You’ve got no idea…. Unless you’re employed by the club in a financial capacity you haven’t a clue, none of us do. But we know full well that if the club identify a player then we get the funds to get them or at least make a bid. 

This idea that Rudkin is scraping around every cupboard for loose change in the transfer market is nonsense. It’s not as simple as selling a player and then having cash to spend. We work out deals with teams, we probably haven’t paid fully for Daka or Soumare…. We will then ship some players out further bolstering the funding. 

The people at the top of this club are better business people than most on this forum, if they don’t get someone in, it’s probably because they haven’t identified a suitable target. 

I just get tired of hearing this “we’re skint” if things were as bad as some suggest we wouldn’t be going ahead with expansions, and new training grounds…… (and before anyone jumps on it, yea I know we have taken out loans) but that just shows how well the club run their finances.

If Brendan walks into Tops office tomorrow and says, Top, we need this winger, he will cost about this much, they will find a way to do a deal. 

Look at how much we’ve wasted on players since we won the league, they’ve obviously learned that thorough scouting is needed prior to thinking about the finances. 

The way some talk on here you’d think we struggle to buy coffee beans for match day….

When Brendan says we don’t have the resources of the top clubs, we don’t……. These are monsters that generate enough money that they can survive pretty much in debt (apart from Barca who it has seemingly caught up with).

We’re building something special here, and I’m still convinced we will end up with a right sided forward player, save the best deals until last. 

I don't think it about being skint, however there isn't a bottomless pit, this year is already the 2nd highest net spend since we won the league and could be the highest if we get a RM

21/22: £58m

20/21: £3.8m

19/20: £14.22m

18/19: £16.92m

17/18: £34.42m

16/17: £60m

I think we look for valve in the market, and if we can't find it we don't buy.

If we find a Fofana we will will find the money if we can. 

But as you say none of us have an idea. 

Edited by coolhandfox

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

You were saying we wouldn’t make another signing before vestergaard because we were broke. Is it time to stop with negativity and accept you don’t have a clue? 

Its an opinion not a statement of fact. I have no problem with other people's opinions. History will prove who is right or wrong. Football chat is all about differing opinions ,thank God, it would be rubbish if we all agreed.

3 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

The right man is unfortunately very expensive , we don't appear to have the money.

I'm not sure what you're story is or where you've come from but it might do well for you going forward to, just ask about a topic before making comments you don't know the answer too. 

I am commenting on right wingers I think, and no I don't have an answer. We have two right wingers in Albrighton and Sowah if we choose to use them. My position is after three failures with Diabate, Ghezzal and Under we should be careful about falling into the same trap. I was all in favour of Matheus Pereira but the club wouldn't push the boat out for him so I am assuming they won't do it for anybody else and yes I could be wrong , we will soon find out.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

I don't think it about being skint, however there isn't a bottomless pit, this year is already the 2nd highest net spend since we won the league and could be the highest if we get a RM

21/22: £58m

20/21: £3.8m

19/20: £14.22m

18/19: £16.92m

17/18: £34.42m

16/17: £60m

I think we look for valve in the market, and if we can't find it we don't buy.

If we find a Fofana we will will find the money if we can. 

But as you say none of us have an idea. 

This is the first time we have sellable assets that aren't first teamers so it gives us a bit more leeway. We can conceivably shift Praet & Choudhury (maybe other fringe players too) for £25m+.  I was looking at our financial results for last year and we incurred quite a few large costs in the last accounting period which should give us more leeway this year. The FBS sponsorship and fans back in the ground with additional revenue from European games means we have more to spend than usual too.

I'd expect this summer to be close to our highest net spend.

22 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

I am commenting on right wingers I think, and no I don't have an answer. We have two right wingers in Albrighton and Sowah if we choose to use them. My position is after three failures with Diabate, Ghezzal and Under we should be careful about falling into the same trap. I was all in favour of Matheus Pereira but the club wouldn't push the boat out for him so I am assuming they won't do it for anybody else and yes I could be wrong , we will soon find out.

I think the problem people have is you state you’re offering an opinion then follow it up as if you know something factual…. Maybe the club weren’t interested in Pereira? If you have any evidence to back up that we were and couldn’t afford him I apologise but I’ve seen nothing to suggest that’s the case!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

I think the problem people have is you state you’re offering an opinion then follow it up as if you know something factual…. Maybe the club weren’t interested in Pereira? If you have any evidence to back up that we were and couldn’t afford him I apologise but I’ve seen nothing to suggest that’s the case!

None of us really know what players the club is really looking at. This is all speculation.  We don't even know if they are looking for another attacker. However Pereira seemed such an obvious target given his experience, skillset and proximity I made the assumption that they must have considered him. Given there was no formal approach I came to the conclusion he was too expensive. I may be way wide of the mark of course.

7 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

None of us really know what players the club is really looking at. This is all speculation.  We don't even know if they are looking for another attacker. However Pereira seemed such an obvious target given his experience, skillset and proximity I made the assumption that they must have considered him. Given there was no formal approach I came to the conclusion he was too expensive. I may be way wide of the mark of course.

Far to many assumptions imo, the club seem to do things pretty discretely now a days to the point a lot of journos are probably just using simple math to link us to x/y/z, until somebody semi respected links us like J Percy or Fabrizio there’s usually not much point in getting that excited lol 

Edited by dbtcity

1 minute ago, MGLCFC said:

Surprised we haven't gone in for Abdullah Sima from Slavia Prague as he gave us loads of problems in the EL tie last year.

Agreed seems to tick a lot of the boxes we’re after

Edited by dbtcity

10 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

He may well have been considered. One of the things that our recruitment team is excellent at is preparing dossiers and analysing every aspect of any potential targets, not just in terms of their stats etc but also personality and whether or not they feel they would fit into the existing squad and club ethos. For all we know, he was scouted extensively but a decision not to bid was taken that had nothing to do with fees or wages. The club has shown that if they think a player fits the bill, and that payer shows a willingness to join the project, then they will do whatever it takes, within reason, to get that player on board, as demonstrated with Fofana last year.

Just because they do not sign someone who others think is the dogs, it doesn't automatically mean that there is no cash available or that the player turned down the move. There could be a million and one reasons why a bid was not made.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Surprised we haven't gone in for Abdullah Sima from Slavia Prague as he gave us loads of problems in the EL tie last year.

His form nosedived off a cliff. Think his goal against us was his only goal in the last third of the season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

His form nosedived off a cliff. Think his goal against us was his only goal in the last third of the season.

16 goals last season isn't a bad return, but if all of these came in the first half of the season, a bit like Vardy, I'll accept what you are saying.