Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

On 19/08/2021 at 16:14, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Rather have Linford…

E7A9687C-D3B4-4FA4-8D5D-D72C05ACAAAA.gif

If Rudders had Linfords balls then getting Noni would be as easy and slick as Christies vaseline gliding over his thighs.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Faivre having a magnificent game against PSG here, would take him, surprised he's still at Brest in all honesty.

And yet he's not as good as Ludovic Blas whose somehow still at Nantes. He's the one for us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Another Ünder :frusty:

Possible although they believed he was going to be permanent at the outset. Initially he was apparently obligation to buy but we adjusted that to option. 

if we look at someone in the 28+ age bracket then we would be unlikely to want them long term but they could do a good job for this season. 

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

And yet he's not as good as Ludovic Blas whose somehow still at Nantes. He's the one for us.

What's the obsession with this lad? (Genuine question, I've not seen much of him). His chance creation and ball progression stats don't look anything close to Faivre. 

Screenshot_20210821-100336.jpg

Screenshot_20210821-100312.jpg

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Possible although they believed he was going to be permanent at the outset. Initially he was apparently obligation to buy but we adjusted that to option. 

if we look at someone in the 28+ age bracket then we would be unlikely to want them long term but they could do a good job for this season. 

Stop gaps / loan deals:

David Brooks

Callum Hudson-Odoi

Dan James

Ademola Lookman

Pablo Sarabia

Federico Bernadeschi

Gonzalo Plata

Josip Brekalo

Keite Balde

19 minutes ago, matty98 said:

What's the obsession with this lad? (Genuine question, I've not seen much of him). His chance creation and ball progression stats don't look anything close to Faivre. 

Screenshot_20210821-100336.jpg

Screenshot_20210821-100312.jpg

Scores and assists significantly more than Faivre for a start. Faivre is an excellent set piece taker but from open play I'm more impressed by Blas who is quicker, very good at take ons and ultimately likes to attack the far post which is something we are crying out for from a right winger. Is equally as good playing the 10 role.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Apart from Man.City , who else uses a left footed wide right player on a regular basis in the PL? . It would be interesting to know how effective they have been recently.

Liverpool do it. 

8 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Apart from Man.City , who else uses a left footed wide right player on a regular basis in the PL? . It would be interesting to know how effective they have been recently.

The majority of teams that play a back four did last season. Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, West Ham, Leeds, Villa, Palace, Everton

9 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Liverpool - Salah

West Ham - Bowen

Tottenham - Moura / Gil

Villa - Bailey

Wolves - Neto

Arsenal - Pepe

Leeds - Raphinha

To name a few…

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Muzzy_Izzn’t said:

Liverpool - Salah

West Ham - Bowen

Tottenham - Moura / Gil

Villa - Bailey

Wolves - Neto

Arsenal - Pepe

Leeds - Raphinha

To name a few…

Salah , who is world class , stands out but I think of him as a Messi type striker. Pepe has been OK but has not been a game changer. Otherwise they contribute without being a focal point of an attack. Any right winger we do get is probably still going to be a support player to Vardy, Barnes and Daka.

Edited by An Sionnach

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Salah , who is world class , stands out but I think of him as a Messi type striker. Pepe has been OK but has not been a game changer. Otherwise they contribute without being a focal point of an attack. Any right winger we do get is still probably still going to be a support player to Vardy, Barnes and Daka.

I never said they were the focal point of each teams attack and that wasn’t the point of your argument either.. as Mahrez absolutely is not the focal point of Man City’s attack.

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Izzn’t said:

I never said they were the focal point of each teams attack and that wasn’t the point of your argument either.. as Mahrez absolutely is not the focal point of Man City’s attack.

I just think that unless we go for a really high class player , the difference to our attacking threat might not be as great as some believe. The Mahrez premiership season was an outlier to the normal in the premiership.. In fact he has never really got close to replicating that since.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ronnup said:

It's fair to say business hasn't gone as planned. No way Rodgers wanted to be 2 games in without a winger. Tough market.

Or he's perfectly fine with Perez and Albrighton as options.

• Haha 4