Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

1 minute ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

I blame Fer Nino :mad:

Why? What difference has that made to our complete sack of shit attempts at getting a winger? Vestergaard has cost us £13m, we are getting €9m for Sowah so it's hardly like we've massively overspent on an emergency defender.

Just catching  up on the transfer news for today and its not great reading.  Anyone care to come up with a list of viable linked players this late in the window? 

Feels like a lot of missed deals that would have been good for us. Danjuma, Noni, Perreira, Bailey, Trincao just to name a few.  I need a player to cling onto until at least deadline day 

Edited by Lambert09

Monaco are an absolute mess at the minute, dumped out the CL tonight and a bad start to the league season.

They have a large list of wingers/ACM's and are a club that love a loan out.

Keita Balde continues to baffle me how he's not succeeded there, did fairly well at Sampdoria last season but is more of a left winger, would be a quality back up for Barnes if we had the luxury of already having a decent right winger.

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Monaco are an absolute mess at the minute, dumped out the CL tonight and a bad start to the league season.

Keita Balde continues to baffle me how he's not succeeded there, did fairly well at Sampdoria last season but is more of a left winger, would be a quality back up for Barnes if we had the luxury of already having a decent right winger.

Tchouameni and Badiashile deserve better. 

56 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Sofiane diop please rudkin 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He's almost as frustrating as Demarai Gray. 

7 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

Few thoughts:

1. Some posters have said why have we bought cover in other positions and not another right winger. Two key factors in our success have been buying at value prices and succession planning. Soumare and Daka were available at excellent prices given their potential, and means we have replacements ready for Vardy and Tielemans when required. We've done the same buying Soy to come in for Maguire, Justin for Chilwell and arguably Fofana for Soy (but the former was so incredible he's arguably better!). When the right opportunities come up, we have to take them there and then. We can't wait for them to then join another club, establish themselves elsewhere and then have to spend even more money. 

2. There's no doubt we've been pursuing a right winger but we clearly don't have the budgets of the big four. We made an enquiry for James but Man Utd are not interested in selling, pursued Madueke but PSV made clear he's not for sale and he's signed a new contract. The sales of Sowah and Ghezzal will help to boost our budget but the club's built on sustainable finances and longer-term investment in the infrastructure, ensuring our stability. The idea that we're going to spend 30m plus on a winger is very unlikely, unless we get big money for Choudhury and/or Praet. The injury to Fofana meant we also had to spend money on a centre-half when ideally we'd have bought someone younger in at a lower price or brought in a loanee, reducing our budget further. 

3. It's been an excellent transfer window even if we don't get a winger. We've grown the squad in many key areas and kept our best players for the first time in many summers. I think some of the frustration with the right winger position has intensified since the West Ham result, which is understandable. But the quality of our squad means we can adapt - wouldn't be surprised to see us experiment with a diamond, given the quality of our full backs. 

4. The experience with Under means I think we'll be taking an even more careful approach to the right-wing position. That might explain why we haven't been linked seriously with too many players as the club realises how important it is to get this role right. Given our limited finances, and how badly the Perez signing has gone along with the Under experiment not working out, we'll have a very limited number of targets in mind, and so we may hold back until they're available for the right (and affordable) price. 

Soumare isn’t a replacement for Tieleman’s. He’s a completely different player. Neither is he really a replacement for Ndidi.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I'm desperate tbh. Surely we can at least grab someone like Amad Diallo on loan. If we go into this season with Perez/Albrighton/Ricardo as our right wingers, and keep playing 4-2-3-1, games will be such a chore to watch

As will 3-4-1-2 with makeshift centre backs and makeshift wing backs.