Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

23 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Tbh I think Praet and Perez are both good options for that type of player that tucks in on the right. A more direct option is what we need, hopefully we get someone in like Brekalo or James on loan who can play on the right when we need that on that side and can be cover for Barnes when he needs a rest on the left. 

....so when he is covering for Barnes, whose is covering for him....!!!

Guest Kopfkino

So Rodgers is looking for Perez’s replacement to do things that Perez doesn’t do but he still manages to get in the team

Is it too fanciful that Brendan might make do with including Maswanhise in the squad and giving him the occasional go, starting at first as a late sub, and hoping he improves quickly enough to make an impact?  That would be some sort of solution to the RW problem without shelling out for one.

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I know they do the three player shortlist thing but surely there's a bit of a wider pool than that? 

I’m sure it’s far longer than three, but you can easily not getting 10 people that are on the list.

42 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Absolutely 100%.  He was playing as an inverted RW, basically.

But Perez played in those games so where was he playing? Praet was good in a few games at the start of last season but I'm not so sure he was playing the Perez role.

Keep reading about Ronaldo going to Man City.

Surely if (and I realise that's a big IF) this did happen, with Grealish there as well now, they wouldn't be able to keep Sterling, Foden,  Mahrez etc. all happy ...?

Maybe we can finally replace Mahrez with Mahrez?

9 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

The same options we have: Perez, Albrighton, Ricardo or Praet, if he's still here. We're not signing two wingers and we only have Barnes and Albrighton for the left - makes sense to get a guy who can play both sides.

...the thing is, the Right hand side, with those players are weak, this is what the discussion is all about!!!

Switching a bonafide Right Winger to the left, only serves to weaken us on the left, and on the Right as well. Tantamount to pulling Ndidi into the backline and bringing someone else to fill his role, we weaken the team in two places as opposed to managing the game with one.

What Rodgers said was always going to be the case of sorts, we know that currently any new addition over the age of 21 means that at least 2 of Praet, Choudhury, Mendy and Benkovic need to be omitted from our 25 man PL squad.

The question is have we the appetite to risk going ahead and getting the winger we might be able to get but 2 of the above not getting moves away? From a monetary point of view very little has changed if Sowah goes as his fee covers a lot of Vestergaard and we were supposedly always looking for a winger over paying for another centre half so it's not money even if we have to accept any new winger is likely to be a loan to buy or at a modest price - fine, we can still operate here as there's several available that could compliment our team.

I just hate how we go about our business when under this pressure and constraint, we are massively likely to balls it up. Praet will be doing everything he can to get his agent to get him a loan move back to Italy, Benkovic and Hamza it's up in the air of there's any takers and Mendy I'm genuinely not sure on, he'd have a bit of interest but then French clubs aren't in the best of nick right now.

Just now, pmcla26 said:

I'm categorically, telling you now, you really didn't. Nothing personal, just go back and read it again. 

....I have, I am reacting to a certain part of your post which to me made no sense!!!

You are not the only poster to have made that remark, so I was looking for a reason behind the comment.

6 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Get hamza out 100%

Don't know who else would be worth dumping 

He’s a Championship caliber player. How much money do you think a Championship club is going to offer you?