Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

5 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

wait are you sure Sowah avoids needing to be registered?

If that wiki birthday is accurate, then he wouldn't. We won't find out properly until the 25 man squad gets submitted at the end of the window.

EDIT: Did a google, and a few places have the same birthday for Sowah, plus Leuven's twitter account wished him a happy 20th birthday on 9th Jan 2020, so it looks accurate. Bonus. Offers us cover in multiple attacking positions, and doesn't use up a squad place.

Edited by orangecity23

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

oooh that makes sense. apologies i misread. tbf, im almost certain at least one of Praet, Mendy and Choudhury will leave. probably 2. we do have 8 centre mids for some reason. 

I think they will but its not a guarantee and I doubt we'd shaft ourselves sending praet out on loan and signing a player like under on loan in his place (an example I'm aware he's gone to marseille).

I still think they'll be some ins and outs, however my point is that it's not as easy as it's being made out to sign a winger of the standard we require.

Whilst it may happen to close games out I have my doubts that Youri, Ndidi and Soumare will start as a three in midfield.

Having had no real Youri replacement and no real Ndidi replacement (Praet Mendy and Hamza have not been favoured to step in unless absolutely necessary) we now have a player in Soumare who I hope will rotate into either of these positions to allow rest for Youri and Ndidi. 

I guess we will just have to wait and see but 3 DCM’s seems you know, a bit Puely unless BR fancies playing Youri in a more advanced role.

56 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It is a good article except for the complete conjecture that Rodgers will name 2 under 21 players as part of his 25 man squad essentially opting against using 2 more, I'd be surprised if he does that in an AFCON year. We need to move at least 3 or 4 on which he describes (Hamza or Mendy, Praet, Amartey or Benkovic, Ghezzal, Iversen on loan + some academy youngsters).

The real issue is the EL squad, there'll be some big decisions to make.

Not how I read it, Where's he picked two players I'm assuming 1 of those will be sold as expected. If we lose Amartey or Benkovic, Hamza or Mendy we could still sign a new winger and name a 25 man squad + Fofana and Thomas.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not how I read it, Where's he picked two players I'm assuming 1 of those will be sold as expected. If we lose Amartey or Benkovic, Hamza or Mendy we could still sign a new winger and name a 25 man squad + Fofana and Thomas.

Ric, are you just replying to yourself now? 😆 

12 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:
  1. Berardi
  2. Pereira
  3. Bailey
  4. Madueke
  5. Any other fu***r

Oh and the wee Croatian too, to cover Barnes and hopefully the rest of the 3 behind the striker...

I genuinely think we want Berardi and will do everything in our powers to get him. He's the classiest of all the realistic options tbf so understandable. If it doesn't pan out though Pereira would surely be the easiest to get. 

Would be happy with either. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MPH said:

I would imagine Rodgers is not going to be one dimensional and stick to a formation that just requires one set up.

Some games he will play wingers and some games he won’t.

Don’t you need wingers for that strategy, though?

1 hour ago, Brizzle Fox said:

I genuinely think we want Berardi and will do everything in our powers to get him. He's the classiest of all the realistic options tbf so understandable. If it doesn't pan out though Pereira would surely be the easiest to get. 

Would be happy with either. 

....if there were boxes to tick, as what I believe Rodgers would like to see in the wide role, then Pereira would tick them all!!!

However Berardi is sprinkled in stardust, and it seems, Pereira comes up short in that degree.

I really can not see a better fit for this club than Pereira, I think if all the Right Wingers were available for £20m, that is your, Trincao,Ziyech,Bailey,Neres,Thauvin, Mahrez et al, I would still plumb for Pereira, it just feels right.

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

We are going to struggle to put Maddison, Tielemans, Ndidi and Soumaré into the same midfield and we can no longer play with one striker so where a winger fits in I have no idea.

8 hours ago, MPH said:

I would imagine Rodgers is not going to be one dimensional and stick to a formation that just requires one set up.

Some games he will play wingers and some games he won’t.

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

Don’t you need wingers for that strategy, though?

this was the post I was quoting.. still  a few weeks of the window left, but we ARE looking at wingers even if we haven’t bought one yet.

I think we need to close the "do we need a right winger". Every bloody team needs a right winger whether you call them a RW or an attacking right midfider or whatever tales your fancy.

7 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I think we need to close the "do we need a right winger". Every bloody team needs a right winger whether you call them a RW or an attacking right midfider or whatever tales your fancy.

Not if you don't use them, you don't.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
9 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Think we need to close every thread on here if that's the case.

38 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Not if you don't use them, you don't.

If you don't use them you can't effectively use a vital portion of the pitch that contributes to goal chances..

Edited by UHDrive
Typo

34 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

If you don't use them you can't effectively use a vital portion of the pitch that contributes to goal chances..

You should tell that to Atalanta, or anyone else who uses 3412.

Edited by Raw Dykes

4 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

You should tell that to Atalanta, or anyone else who uses 3 at the back.

It shouldn't matter what formation it is because you still need to operate in that space, and some opponents will do that more than others.

it's a great way for an opponent to utilise their FB/WB players to work the ball through that area of the pitch and into midfield and forward players and all because there are no wide forward players in the team without a RW.

Edited by UHDrive
Factual

Just now, UHDrive said:

It shouldn't matter what formation it is because you still need to operate in that space, and some opponents will do that more than others.

it's a great way for an opponent to utilise their FB/WB players to work the ball through that area of the pitch and into midfield and forward players and all because there are no wide forward players.

That's all fair enough. I was just pointing out that not every club needs wingers/wide forwards/wide attacking mids/whatever you want to label them as you stated they do.

• Like 1

Another week goes by without a right winger.  Our only options are Albrighton, Sowah, Pereira and Perez.  Unless we push Daka out right.   Or we play 2 up top 

Doomed, I say, doomed.

Although signing a right winger is not everything, I think we'll sign one in the next couple of weeks.

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

That's all fair enough. I was just pointing out that not every club needs wingers/wide forwards/wide attacking mids/whatever you want to label them as you stated they do.

Well who attacks and tracks back the flanks and corners of the opposition when play is their if the formation doesn't allow for wide players? Apologies if I'm mis reading you..

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

Well who attacks and tracks back the flanks and corners of the opposition when play is their if the formation doesn't allow for wide players? Apologies if I'm mis reading you..

No apologies necessary. Wing-backs would be doing the bulk of that job in a 3412, but there would be no wingers/wide forwards/etc. necessarily used ahead of them with that formation. That's all.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

No apologies necessary. Wing-backs would be doing the bulk of that job in a 3412, but there would be no wingers/wide forwards/etc. necessarily used ahead of them with that formation. That's all.

I see where you are coming from 👍

13 hours ago, majaco said:

Another week goes by without a right winger.  Our only options are Albrighton, Sowah, Pereira and Perez.  Unless we push Daka out right.   Or we play 2 up top 

Doomed, I say, doomed.

Although signing a right winger is not everything, I think we'll sign one in the next couple of weeks.

Nothing like a bit of contradiction 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, majaco said:

Doomed, I say, doomed.

Did you take a deep breath midway through typing that?