Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

If it doesn’t happen that we get a right winger in Sowah has shown some imaginative play yes a rough diamond but so was Saka for The Gooneys look at his rise now, we also have the young lad Maswanhise who looked comfortable in the wing I’m sure can play right sided too another rough diamond that can be moulded into a quality player ?

We have some quality young players in the club that can go on and be amazing KDH looks like he’ll be another Barnes & Thomas  breaking into the first team, I think what we have we will be fine for next season maybe another player on the way but who knows what Rudkin and co are brewing up in the background to bring in?

Edited by justfoxes

1 hour ago, justfoxes said:

If it doesn’t happen that we get a right winger in Sowah has shown some imaginative play yes a rough diamond but so was Saka for The Gooneys look at his rise now, we also have the young lad Maswanhise who looked comfortable in the wing I’m sure can play right sided too another rough diamond that can be moulded into a quality player ?

We have some quality young players in the club that can go on and be amazing KDH looks like he’ll be another Barnes & Thomas  breaking into the first team, I think what we have we will be fine for next season maybe another player on the way but who knows what Rudkin and co are brewing up in the background to bring in?

I thought Maswanhise was better and saw a comment on here that he prefers playing on the right. I suppose it is too soon for him though then again 'if you are good enough you are old enough'. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

I thought Maswanhise was better and saw a comment on here that he prefers playing on the right. I suppose it is too soon for him though then again 'if you are good enough you are old enough'. 

I hadn't heard that but if it's true I'd love to see him on the right and Barnes on the left in the next couple of friendlies.

37 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

I hadn't heard that but if it's true I'd love to see him on the right and Barnes on the left in the next couple of friendlies.

He is listed as RW on transfermarkt but I have no idea if it’s accurate for youth players 

Well he has only been deployed on the left so far, but if he can make the switch then that could be a game changer. Been very impressed with him so far.

Whether or not he gets a chance once the season gets under way is a different debate. If he is not shipped out on loan this season, could see him getting a chance in early cup rounds if we get favourable draws. Either way he seems a realistic bet to break through in the very near future and its always good to see one or two academy players getting their chances

On 28/07/2021 at 00:19, sacreblueits442 said:

....if there were boxes to tick, as what I believe Rodgers would like to see in the wide role, then Pereira would tick them all!!!

However Berardi is sprinkled in stardust, and it seems, Pereira comes up short in that degree.

I really can not see a better fit for this club than Pereira, I think if all the Right Wingers were available for £20m, that is your, Trincao,Ziyech,Bailey,Neres,Thauvin, Mahrez et al, I would still plumb for Pereira, it just feels right.

□ pace 🤔

12 minutes ago, foxpleasure said:

□ pace 🤔

....not sure blistering pace is all that it is cracked up to be!!!

Many on here like Traore, but despair at the lack of end product. The intelligence on the pitch to be able to read the game well, to receive a pass on the counter and make a first time pass into the path of Barnes, Vardy or Daka is a big asset.

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Many on here like Traore, but despair at the lack of end product. The intelligence on the pitch to be able to read the game well, to receive a pass on the counter and make a first time pass into the path of Barnes, Vardy or Daka is a big asset.

Mahrez is no greyhound, the team has enough pace in Barnes,Daka and still Vardy in my opinion. Strength and guile are just as important.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Agree with all of that. I was tongue in cheek suggesting there was one box he didn't tick. I for one would be very pleased if we signed him.

I trust in the club that they have something planned. I'm hoping it's Berardi.

Berardi..

As it stands its either Perez (not an option for me), or a makeshift Castagne at RB and RP at RW.

3 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I trust in the club that they have something planned. I'm hoping it's Berardi.

Berardi..

As it stands its either Perez (not an option for me), or a makeshift Castagne at RB and RP at RW.

You’d hope it’s one of Berardi, Pereira or Madueke now. And quickly.

• Like 2

We might be holding out for Coutinho. We're as good as in August now and still there have been no links for the Brazilian.

I also think we don't have an out an out target and might keep our tinder dry until the last few days of the transfer deadline and maybe pick up a bargain if another club panics who need the money.

• Like 2

I still have a feeling we will sign Berardi. I reckon it’ll be one of those ones where they’ll be a random tweet from a good source saying it’s done and then it’s announced next day with little build up. I just get the sense we aren’t really interested in any other player from the reports and articles I’ve read. It just seems to me that we only really have one target and for that to be true we must be pretty confident in getting him across the line. I reckon the delay has been the Euros and a subsequent holiday for the player.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

We need a RW so bad it’s so frustrating. BR must know and want one! I think we’re waiting till last few weeks see if we can get some of these prices down that have been speculated .

Longer you wait the more it goes up

• Like 1

do we need a right winger? think we have more techincal players that are able to play between the lines to feed Daka/Vardy, Nacho can score all types of goals and Barnes will be a direct threat from the left

add in Youri, Maddison and KDH and we have plenty of goals in the there

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Sad 2