Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

32 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

do we need a right winger? think we have more techincal players that are able to play between the lines to feed Daka/Vardy, Nacho can score all types of goals and Barnes will be a direct threat from the left

YES 

Y E S 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I still have a feeling we will sign Berardi. I reckon it’ll be one of those ones where they’ll be a random tweet from a good source saying it’s done and then it’s announced next day with little build up. I just get the sense we aren’t really interested in any other player from the reports and articles I’ve read. It just seems to me that we only really have one target and for that to be true we must be pretty confident in getting him across the line. I reckon the delay has been the Euros and a subsequent holiday for the player.

I hope you’re right but BR’s comments today didn’t fill me with hope. Berardi is the most expensive option and we don’t have ‘endless pots of money’. We also have no plans to sell anyone.

14 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Rodgers has said that basically their is no more money in the pot except for maybe a CB if Evans is going  to be out for a while. So we go with what we have. I think if we take the best performers out of today, that will be top 6 potential. 

Well no, he didn’t say that precisely. There is a difference between not having ‘endless pots of money’ and ‘no more money’. I think it’s plain he wants a right-sided attacker. Sowah has played himself out of contention (if he was ever realistically in) over the past two games. So we’re left with Albrighton, Perez & square pegs for round holes. 
I wouldn’t object to us trying a Barnes Vardy Maddison front 3, but would much, much prefer Berardi or Pereira or Madueke alongside Barnes & a central striker!

• Like 3

Important to realise we simply don't have the budget for a 30m plus player, perhaps even a 20m plus player. 

A key foundation to our success is a sustainable, longer-term approach so we're not going to see a splurge in spending. 

Like many have posted, a loan with a view to a permanent move is the most likely scenario.

Pereira fits the bill but looks like West Ham are willing to pay the fee West Brom want.

Alternatively, Brekalo (yes, know he's right-footed but is can play on either wing) and Brooks might be the most affordable, with the latter's contract running out as @Ric Flairsaid. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Important to realise we simply don't have the budget for a 30m plus player, perhaps even a 20m plus player. 

A key foundation to our success is a sustainable, longer-term approach so we're not going to see a splurge in spending. 

Like many have posted, a loan with a view to a permanent move is the most likely scenario.

Pereira fits the bill but looks like West Ham are willing to pay the fee West Brom want.

Alternatively, Brekalo (yes, know he's right-footed but is can play on either wing) and Brooks might be the most affordable, with the latter's contract running out as @Ric Flairsaid. 

i think it more of a case we need some players to move on before more in, and the players we want to move on, aren't generating strong enough interest

Everyone saying Coutinho, he’s only played as a right winger 23 times in his whole career. I’m all for getting him but not if we are planning to play him right wing. It’s just going to turn into another Perez ie playing a player out of position and hoping for good performances. If we are signing someone for the right wing position we should sign someone who actually plays there!

21 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

i think it more of a case we need some players to move on before more in, and the players we want to move on, aren't generating strong enough interest

Don’t think we disagree. My comment was based on what budget I think we have as it stands but if we sell players, then we’ll naturally be able to buy higher fee players. 

2 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

Well no, he didn’t say that precisely. There is a difference between not having ‘endless pots of money’ and ‘no more money’. I think it’s plain he wants a right-sided attacker. Sowah has played himself out of contention (if he was ever realistically in) over the past two games. So we’re left with Albrighton, Perez & square pegs for round holes. 
I wouldn’t object to us trying a Barnes Vardy Maddison front 3, but would much, much prefer Berardi or Pereira or Madueke alongside Barnes & a central striker!

Pereira is the one for me as he's capable of playing across the front 3 places but we don't have the money unless we shift some on. That will be tricky

• Like 1

Just now, Blanchflower78 said:

If we don't replace Under then it's an absolute travesty, no position screams out louder than our right side. 

It’s worrying that we were extremely weak on our right side last season and we’ve actually lost 2 right wingers since then - Under and Gray. Madness.

• Like 1

I'm hoping he gets asked about the winger issue because I'm fascinated what he thinks. He demands goals and assists from his attacking players and he's not going to get that from Albrighton, Prrez and who knows with Sowah just yet. Nuts this is.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, peach0000 said:

I still have a feeling we will sign Berardi. I reckon it’ll be one of those ones where they’ll be a random tweet from a good source saying it’s done and then it’s announced next day with little build up. I just get the sense we aren’t really interested in any other player from the reports and articles I’ve read. It just seems to me that we only really have one target and for that to be true we must be pretty confident in getting him across the line. I reckon the delay has been the Euros and a subsequent holiday for the player.

...it was the same for Trincao last summer (without the Euro of course)!!!

We didn't get him and will not get Berardi either. I would say main interest is Berardi and until we can't then Pereira. I also feel, that Pereira's agent is aware of this and it is a waiting game.

West Bromwich will need this to move on as they would need a replacement in place or they will require the funds in order to get someone in. I would think the middle of August  will be the latest, when we find out who we are bringing in.

Looks like the only way we’ll make this happen is by selling players, the trio of Perez, Praet & Choudhury should see us get around 30 million.

If not we’ll either have to be shrewd or make do with a loan, probably James or Hudson-Odoi 😕

We need to sign a RW IMMEDIATELY! if we don’t we won’t be top 6. Teams beneath us have improved and so have we with the 3 that we have brought in but plz Top just empty Your Jean pockets and check down the sides of ya sofa we need a Rw plzzzzzzzz! 

This is getting comical. I'm hoping he's made that remark because of the extra CB need (whether Nelson has a tick in his notebook I've no idea). 

He might have thought that the winger was squared away but the Evans injury has thrown those transfer funds around. We've conceded 4 goals already, and far too many as usual by set peices and corners, just like last season. 

If he could get Tarkowski for £20mil and loan Coutinho then that's my first preference. Second preference is Buy Berardi and loan a defender (who's available)

I don’t really think we need a centre back and we’ve conceded more goals than usual due to how many changes we are making during games and weaker players getting more minutes than normal! Nelson and Benko can cover plus Justin when back can do a job there! Spend rest of our budget on a RW it’s not even a question