Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Yea he’s the lad they got from Ipswich I think? Perhaps Brendan is happy though….. if he’s talking about entering the market for a defender does that mean the back three will be the fall back option again? 

I think a Lacey right sided winger will also help Madders out, having two pacy wide players to pass too means he has more options when he gets his head up to find that pass. 

Id be bitterly disappointed if we don’t get one. It’s literally all we need.

Completely agree. I do just wonder if he thinks perez, sowah, albrighton is enough.

I’d use Vards on the right this season, take the pressure off him a bit scoring, he’s too good technically to be on the bench, and with him Barnes and Daka fairly formidable! Not long term option though! 

47 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Completely agree. I do just wonder if he thinks perez, sowah, albrighton is enough.

He said needed to add goals from other areas to relieve pressure on strikers, we’ve only signed a striker so far so doesn’t really solve that?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I don't think he does, but know's we have to work in a budget.

If we could get a RW on loan and a CB in it would be a great window still.

41 minutes ago, ferry67 said:

I’d use Vards on the right this season, take the pressure off him a bit scoring, he’s too good technically to be on the bench, and with him Barnes and Daka fairly formidable! Not long term option though! 

Vardy is a world class number 9 striker. Play him out of position and he will be bang average. If he’s not good enough at the moment for that striker role he needs to sit on the bench and rotate with Daka.

Edited by les-tah

59 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Is there no one in the championship who we could take a punt on? I’ve not seen enough from Sowah, I think he will be good once he’s had a string of Europa appearances. We either need a players whose got the ability to create something ala Mahrez, or someone with the ability to go beyond a player, and almost be a carbon copy of Barnes on the right.

See what we can do, but I’m getting slightly dubious we’re entering into panic buy mode. 

Problem is that not a cheap option know days, even someone like Brooks is going to set you back 10m+

40 minutes ago, ferry67 said:

I think vardy needs to be considered as a bench player until he regains some sort of form, it's not just his lack of goals, his first touch can be a bit suspect atm too which I'd say may be confidence. Get him coming on to run at a tired defense, a goal or 2 and we may have the old vardy back.

If cash is really a problem just get amine adli. Young enough to develop, toulouse clearly need the money and adli wouldn't demand first team football immediately. Do agree that we need to bin off some players first, like hamza and Pérez ideally but we seem to love Pérez dor some reason 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NasPb said:

If cash is really a problem just get amine adli. Young enough to develop, toulouse clearly need the money and adli wouldn't demand first team football immediately. Do agree that we need to bin off some players first, like hamza and Pérez ideally but we seem to love Pérez dor some reason 

Doubt he gets a work permit and is he any better than Sowah? 

Has alos played most of he's games down the middle.

Edited by coolhandfox

1 hour ago, ferry67 said:

Seriously? How often have you seen Vardy play right wing? About the same as Schmeichel I’d guess…

@yorkie1999 has convinced me that we don’t necessarily want a traditional winger. Here are my reasons. Come at me, bro.

* We’ve recruited excellently for years and years except wingers

* We’ve recruited really, really well with full backs

* Full backs allow us to break down teams that park the bus

* Ricardo and Justin have shown how devastating attacking wing backs can be

* This country and our academy produces great wing backs

* Bren keeps playing 3atb with full backs for width

* Barnes can easily play as an inside forward

It’s not Bren or the club’s priority to buy a winger unless we come across an excellent, young and cheap one. Change my mind.

Edited by Foxxed

3 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

@yorkie1999 has convinced me that we don’t necessarily want a traditional winger. Here are my reasons. Come at me, bro.

It’s not Bren or the club’s priority to buy a winger unless we come across an excellent, young and cheap one. Change my mind.

Who’s Bren?  :unsure:

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

Multi instrumentalist Brendan Perry. I apologise for not being clearer.

Much appreciated and on an unrelated note, I am on board with a WB based attack in line with Mr Parry’s thinking. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ferry67 said:

If you watch videos of Vardy Before he came to us , he played as a left winger/attacker

37 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

...very much not true!!!

We are poor against teams who park the bus, we will not overcome this by just utilising our fullbacks. 

Moving the ball quicker and creativity up front will allow us to break teams out of their set positions, they are already in positions when our fullbacks are engaged in the attack.

We have recruited poorly for certain positions and we perhaps need to take a look at the criteria we use to value their potential success if they came here.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Part of the reason our wing backs you mention were so effective was partially down to the fact we tended to double up on the oppos full backs as we were playing with both wingers and attacking full backs…. Their out put like the team wasn’t so impressive once we went to a back 5 as we became very predictable and easy to pick up

Edited by dbtcity

8 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Part of the reason our wing backs you mention were so effective was partially down to the fact we tended to double up on the oppos full backs as we were playing with both wingers and attacking full backs…. Their out put like the team wasn’t so impressive once we went to a back 5 as we became very predictable and easy to pick up

Fair point. Maybe that’s where Marc and Barnes come in.

Still, there’s too many of the mentioned points to make me think we are prioritising wingers.

It’s not like our recruitment team are bad, far from it, and yet we’ve failed to buy a winger for what seems like forever.

9 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Fair point. Maybe that’s where Marc and Barnes come in.

Still, there’s too many of the mentioned points to make me think we are prioritising wingers.

It’s not like our recruitment team are bad, far from it, and yet we’ve failed to buy a winger for what seems like forever.

I remember pre Maddison we were crying out for a number 10 for what felt like a life time, I guess we just see things differently to the main men lol the way we seem to favour setting up along with the players we have I can’t see how a RW isn’t priority though… but what do I know I’m just a mug that pays to watch the boys every year rather than being paid to give an opinion lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

Because at every club Rodgers has been at, the 4 players who play in attacking positions all have to score a lot of goals. Currently our RW position provide a pitiful amount of goals and its possibly what's holding us back. A game of fine margins when competing for a top 4/6 place year on year.

• Like 4

I'm desperately hoping the club have something up their sleeves. 'Targets' disappearing left, right and centre.

It's been a glaring weakness for a while now, with Gray leaving and Under gone too, we are in a worse position than we were last year.

Based on pre season, the plan looks to be playing 433/442/4231, so talk of 3 at the back and getting width from wing backs doesn't seem to be the case.

Teams around us strengthening, can't help but feel we aren't going to build on this momentum we've been building.

Few weeks to go yet but I'm mildly shitting mesen tbh.

29 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Because at every club Rodgers has been at, the 4 players who play in attacking positions all have to score a lot of goals. Currently our RW position provide a pitiful amount of goals and its possibly what's holding us back. A game of fine margins when competing for a top 4/6 place year on year.

If he really wants one why didn’t get go and get one quick smart? It’s not like we can’t find them or we’re bad a closing deals. And most of the links I’ve seen have been tenuous or “he’s a young winger and Leicester surely want one so let’s claim they’re looking in the slimmest sense of the word .”

I think Bren wants someone to play on the right but I doubt it’s necessarily a traditional winger.

We’re so bad at buying wingers I’m starting to suspect it’s not a priority. I hope I’m wrong but I can see us starting the season without a new winger. 

Ndidi dropping back to help two centre halves, full backs bombing forwards, linking up with a mixture of attacking midfielders and strikers is what I’m guessing will happen this season.

Edited by Foxxed