Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

Also, since we've tried to replace Mahrez we've tried

• Perez - not a winger
  • Under - not a winger

We're thinking about buying

• Pereira - not a winger

We have sold

• Gray - a winger (yes, yes, not a great one)

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

This. 

If Barnes is gonna chip in, Vardy, Daka and Iheanacho are all going to score, Madders and Tielemans are going to contribute from the middle then we've got goals in the side. 

What we lack is creativity. We need a bit of X factor to help break things down, a bit of either devastating pace, genuine trickery or some extremely good footballing vision. 

Currently nothing out of the ordinary comes from our right. Albrighton and Perez are both extremely predictable in different ways. 

BRING DIABATE HOME 

• Haha 1

Ghezzel is gone, if he was every going to get a chance it was when BR first came. 

It's all about the club moving him on.

we need a RW, we know it, the club knows it, BR knows it.

Unfortunately we have a budget to work within, which probably prices us out of the Baileys of this world.

We are probably use the pressure of the window to find some at the right price. There will be the a deal to be had somewhere.

4 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Also, since we've tried to replace Mahrez we've tried

• Perez - not a winger
  • Under - not a winger

We're thinking about buying

• Pereira - not a winger

We have sold

• Gray - a winger (yes, yes, not a great one)

How is Under not a winger?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I’m sure we’ll just buy a fantastic traditional winger after I argue all this but whatever. I reckon we won’t buy one and we’ll do this:

Attacking formation against weak teams:

Barnes Daka Ian

Thms Tiele Madd Ric

Soy Ndidi Fofa

Kasper

Against alright teams I think we’ll swap Maddison for Soumare. And take off a forward, bring on Marc and revert to 4141 if it’s really not working.

Formation against stronger teams:

Daka

Barnes Tiele Madd Marc

Ndidi

Bert Soy Fofa Ric

Players rotated/changed with Vardy, KDH, Evans, Justin, etc, etc.

So essentially a 433 with Ndidi dropping back and wing backs bombing forwards. Or 4141. 

I've at times thought Iheanacho could play in 2 of the support positions in a 4-2-3-1 as either a 10 or the RW but the few times he has, he's looked really poor. His first touch is so erratic that in both those roles it really hampers him. 

He comes alive in a front 2 because he has the licence to drop deep but has the other striker creating space for him so his first touch isn't exploited and he also usually has an attacking central midfielder as an out behind him to lay off to. Sadly he is the only player in our squad that this formation suits more than if they play in our preferred 4-2-3-1.

I don't see this being viable, it's desperation stuff but I'd be happy to be proven wrong. What I don't want us doing is not getting a winger and then keep chopping and changing what we're trying to achieve out there with makeshift players such as Iheanacho, Daka, Maddison or even Ricardo. 

As much as I think Perez is crap, he's better equipped than most of those to play that role. I really hope it's not Albrighton and Perez all season. Sowah simply has to step up and him and Albrighton do the business please.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I've at times thought Iheanacho could play in 2 of the support positions in a 4-2-3-1 as either a 10 or the RW but the few times he has, he's looked really poor. His first touch is so erratic that in both those roles it really hampers him. 

He comes alive in a front 2 because he has the licence to drop deep but has the other striker creating space for him so his first touch isn't exploited and he also usually has an attacking central midfielder as an out behind him to lay off to. Sadly he is the only player in our squad that this formation suits more than if they play in our preferred 4-2-3-1.

I don't see this being viable, it's desperation stuff but I'd be happy to be proven wrong. What I don't want us doing is not getting a winger and then keep chopping and changing what we're trying to achieve out there with makeshift players such as Iheanacho, Daka, Maddison or even Ricardo. 

As much as I think Perez is crap, he's better equipped than most of those to play that role. I really hope it's not Albrighton and Perez all season. Sowah simply has to step up and him and Albrighton do the business please.

This is the only thing that give me hope at the moment on the right side.

I can't see him starting ahead of both Perez or Albrighton in the league but just hope he can smash it in the League cup or Europa group stage and force he way in to the side.

The only other thing giving me hope on the right is the possible the return to form of Riccardo as I think him a Perez work well together.

Perez stats before Riccardo got injured 26 games 7 goals, 4 assists, since 32, 3 goals, 1 assist. I though they work will together Perez tucking in and Riccardo on the over lap.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

They don't even really have to score goals, as long as they can beat their man and play creatively without losing the ball overly much it would be a big improvement. Someone like Saint-Maximin (obviously not worth signing from Newcastle because of how much he would cost) who doesn't really score much would still be a big help

Manwashie spell check looked more than capable 

I wouldn't be against using this year to give the right wing to both Sowah and Maswanhise, as it would show a lot of faith in the youth of this team if we did that instead of dipping into the market. But we would still be handicapped on the right side, and wouldn't necessarily solve the problem. 

That said, I would much rather see Maswanhise go out on loan. Ok I can only judge based on the friendlies, but he looks ready for it, and in about 2 years I can see him being one hell of a player.

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

I’m sure we’ll just buy a fantastic traditional winger after I argue all this but whatever. I reckon we won’t buy one and we’ll do this:

Barnes Daka Ian

Thms Tiele Madd Ric

Soy Ndidi Fofa

Kasper

Against alright teams I think we’ll swap Maddison for Soumare. And take off a forward, bring on Marc and revert to 4141 if it’s really not working.

Daka

Barnes Tiele Madd Marc

Ndidi

Bert Soy Fofa Ric

So essentially a 433 with Ndidi dropping back and wing backs bombing forwards. Or 4141. 

You might be right, but I think it's highly unlikely.

I don't think we've played a 343 like that before, have we? One of, if not the, main benefit of us going to 3 at the back was being able to play 2 up front, which gets the most out of Nacho. I've noticed a few people suggesting using Nacho wide right, but I can't remember ever seeing him play there, and I can't imagine it would suit him, really. I also think we'd try to avoid putting Wilf in defence if it can be avoided.

I don't believe we've used 4141 since Youri was still on loan here, either. We did well with it, but I think the midfield works better with Youri deeper and Maddison as a no.10 in a 4231. I suppose we might see 4141 again (or maybe 433) if Soumare starts in place of Maddison.

I also think we're more likely to see a back 4 (4231) against weaker opposition, and a back 3 (3412) in the tougher games.

3 hours ago, ronnup said:

If Traore is avaliable he's someone that adds something different for sure 

2 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

yeah but i cant imagine us paying anything near the £45mil that Wolves want

A rich man’s Demarai Gray.

2 goals, 2 assists in 37 PL games this past season. Wouldn’t touch him and his big fee with a ten-foot pole.

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

2 goals, 2 assists in 37 PL games this past season. Wouldn’t touch him and his big fee with a ten-foot pole.

More than possible. I still think given good coaching he has for the potential to be incredible though 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Barnes Daka Ian

Thms Tiele Madd Ric

Soy Ndidi Fofa

Kasper

Daka

Barnes Tiele Madd Marc

Ndidi

Bert Soy Fofa Ric

....I cannot understand the point of amassing a group of players and then choosing to play Ndidi in the backline!!!

Daka to play with support, Nacho dropping off him would more than likely be the option, but not upfront on his own.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I cannot understand the point of amassing a group of players and then choosing to play Ndidi in the backline!!!

Daka to play with support, Nacho dropping off him would more than likely be the option, but not upfront on his own.

He's dropping back when the wing back bomb forwards only.

50 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

I honestly don't think he's what we need,  we struggle against teams that sit deep because we desperately need a player with trickery who can beat a man, anyone like that and the opposition sit deep and there's no space for anyone with speed to run into

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

You might be right, but I think it's highly unlikely.

I don't think we've played a 343 like that before, have we? One of, if not the, main benefit of us going to 3 at the back was being able to play 2 up front, which gets the most out of Nacho. I've noticed a few people suggesting using Nacho wide right, but I can't remember ever seeing him play there, and I can't imagine it would suit him, really. I also think we'd try to avoid putting Wilf in defence if it can be avoided.

I don't believe we've used 4141 since Youri was still on loan here, either. We did well with it, but I think the midfield works better with Youri deeper and Maddison as a no.10 in a 4231. I suppose we might see 4141 again (or maybe 433) if Soumare starts in place of Maddison.

I also think we're more likely to see a back 4 (4231) against weaker opposition, and a back 3 (3412) in the tougher games.

What ever system we play we'll continue to struggle against teams that sit deep with out anyone who can beat a man with skill rather than speed. We need someone with a similar skill set to Mahrez.

1 minute ago, messerschmitt said:

I honestly don't think he's what we need,  we struggle against teams that sit deep because we desperately need a player with trickery who can beat a man, anyone like that and the opposition sit deep and there's no space for anyone with speed to run into

We need to reincarnate Stanley Matthews then. I just can't think of anybody who can do that apart from you know who and Neymar.

2 hours ago, Verumex said:

I wouldn't be against using this year to give the right wing to both Sowah and Maswanhise, as it would show a lot of faith in the youth of this team if we did that instead of dipping into the market. But we would still be handicapped on the right side, and wouldn't necessarily solve the problem. 

That said, I would much rather see Maswanhise go out on loan. Ok I can only judge based on the friendlies, but he looks ready for it, and in about 2 years I can see him being one hell of a player.

I'd sooner keep him around and see what he's like in the first team with a few sub appearances in the Prem, he really might surprise then if it doesn't work out a loan in the January window, nothing to lose given our limited options and its not like he's going to take a squad place up.

I'm starting to think we're not going to be playing with wingers, might even be tough to see where Barnes is going to fit in. 

I can see our "1st 11" reverting to Brendans Liverpool team, and playing a diamond. Maddison will be his new Coutinho. Soumare, Ndidi and Youri in a 3 with Vardy, Daka and Kel fighting out for the 2 places up top.