Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

I'm talking about one player. The Belgium leugue is vastly different from the PL, and isn't what you would associate as a top leugue in Europe for depth and quality.

Sowah took 3-4 great touches in his first game at Burton, but I haven't seen anything remarkable since then.

Not saying he should start but as he takes no spots on the 25 man squad as depth and to get experience from playing in cups he is great unless a championship team comes in for a loan for him

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

Yep, especially in this market. Loan with obligation/option looks the most likely as it stands. Free transfer for a CB maybe. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if we take Cahill now he’s left Palace

1 minute ago, Attywolf said:

Not saying he should start but as he takes no spots on the 25 man squad as depth and to get experience from playing in cups he is great unless a championship team comes in for a loan for him

It's easier for him to gain experience and an awful lot of confidence by getting loaned out to a lower leugue club, because if he can't cut it in the championship then he won't as a Premier leugue player. He doesn't need putting "in the shop window" here because the club will sort out loans for him. 

We have the PL, FA Cup, Leugue Cup and EL this year, so every man counts.

Who knows, maybe BR will add him into the 25 man squad, time will tell.

With Rogers now officially going public saying no top players will be sold and everyone is happy to be back we can finally concentrate 100% on getting this illusive right sided winger. Of course some players like hamza, Amertae might be sold if someone comes in for them otherwise they hang around to play some bit part in our season. It feels good to know our club hierarchy are in total control and know what their doing. I've not been on the baggies fans forums or know any personally but I wonder what the mood is like with their Brazilian Perreira. He looks quality to me and has the potential to get much better in our team. This could be a very big week now. I'm sure our recruiting dept will try to get transfers wrapped asap. New season is almost here!  :scarf:

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I'm starting to think we're not going to be playing with wingers, might even be tough to see where Barnes is going to fit in. 

I can see our "1st 11" reverting to Brendans Liverpool team, and playing a diamond. Maddison will be his new Coutinho. Soumare, Ndidi and Youri in a 3 with Vardy, Daka and Kel fighting out for the 2 places up top. 

Diamond certainly suits the personnel we have at our disposal.

Wide forwards/wingers are where we have looked our most dominant and devastating since BR came here. I wonder if one of the reasons we haven't pulled the trigger on a RW yet is because Barnes is a little bit behind everyone so far and BR will look to play a diamond until Barnes is firing with a new RW who is bought late on in the transfer window.

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

I'd still have Praet ahead of KDH at the moment as a Belgium international/skillset etc but you are right, KDH is looking very strong and could jump ahead of him this season, which would make Praet surplus and our most sellable asset. 

I'd actually have Praet ahead of Perez in the number 10 role/back up to Maddison but won't be much interest in Perez unfortunately 

Playing Praet ahead of KDH ruins his development. Praet is also unlikely to get better and doesn't get in the first XI and is a saleable asset. If we can cash in we should rather than stockpiling squad players. 

I like to see squads a touch light if there is talent in the U23's. I'd much rather take a chance on the likes of KDH and Sowah rather than a Praet or Perez keeping them out.

• Like 1

If West Ham are closing in on Periera I guess they won’t be going in for Sima who I’d personally love to see us take a chance on… can’t imagine he’d cost that much and seems to tick a lot of boxes for what we’re after/our transfer policy!

just imagine a front 3 of Barnes Vardy/Daka and Sima

Edited by dbtcity
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I've at times thought Iheanacho could play in 2 of the support positions in a 4-2-3-1 as either a 10 or the RW but the few times he has, he's looked really poor. His first touch is so erratic that in both those roles it really hampers him. 

He comes alive in a front 2 because he has the licence to drop deep but has the other striker creating space for him so his first touch isn't exploited and he also usually has an attacking central midfielder as an out behind him to lay off to. Sadly he is the only player in our squad that this formation suits more than if they play in our preferred 4-2-3-1.

I don't see this being viable, it's desperation stuff but I'd be happy to be proven wrong. What I don't want us doing is not getting a winger and then keep chopping and changing what we're trying to achieve out there with makeshift players such as Iheanacho, Daka, Maddison or even Ricardo. 

As much as I think Perez is crap, he's better equipped than most of those to play that role. I really hope it's not Albrighton and Perez all season. Sowah simply has to step up and him and Albrighton do the business please.

You just put Ian behind the front two and it could work.

Attacking formation:

Barnes    Daka

Thms      Ian        Ric

Tiele Madd

Soy Ndidi Fofa

Kasper

That's where my money's going anyhow.

40 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Attacking formation:

Barnes    Daka

Thms      Ian        Ric

Tiele Madd

Soy Ndidi Fofa

Kasper

Lopsided and I've not seen too many teams play a system where one side is like that and it do well. It can be done bit it takes a finely tuned team and we'd have needed to work our bollocks off on it in pre-season for a good month. 

Ricardo in his pomp might have been able to make this work but he's way off that level currently and Castagne isn't ever going to be that relentless going forward.

43 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Attacking formation:

Barnes    Daka

Thms      Ian        Ric

Tiele Madd

Soy Ndidi Fofa

Kasper

6 players out of position ain't it chief.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Attacking formation:

Barnes    Daka

Thms      Ian        Ric

Tiele Madd

Soy Ndidi Fofa

Kasper

Dear Lord I hope we never see this lol we lose so much having Wilf at the back just like we lose Harvey’s strengths sticking him through the middle! Also that Cm pairing aren’t giving much cover defensively…. Looks like an end of season names out of a hat job lol 

Edited by dbtcity
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sounds like Elanga is staying at Man Utd and not heading out on loan.

Dan James incoming

Elanga is very good, there's no place for Dan James any longer. I think it'll be either us or Leeds that go for him.

39 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Elanga is very good, there's no place for Dan James any longer. I think it'll be either us or Leeds that go for him.

If it a choice between no one and James, I'd snap your hand of for James.

Decent cover for Barnes and can share RW with Sowah and Perez

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

Ihatteran is leaving PSV, the downside is his agent is Raiola. Him and Madueke are similar in talent, both left footed wingers/attacking midfielders. He's been rumoured to be going to Nice but I don't see where he fits in, they've already signed Stengs and Kluivert.

I think it’s clear that we need a right winger, however I have a question for everyone that I am personally unsure on therefore intrigued on others opinion....

What are we looking for in a new right winger?

Are we looking for someone who’s direct and similar to Barnes to create a wide attack similar to what Crystal Palace had in both Bolasie and Zaha?

Or are we looking for a left footed right winger who’s creative that can cut in pass between the lines (similar to Daka’s goal against QPR) and create space for either Ricardo or Castagne down the flank?