Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

11 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I think it’s clear that we need a right winger, however I have a question for everyone that I am personally unsure on therefore intrigued on others opinion....

What are we looking for in a new right winger?

Are we looking for someone who’s direct and similar to Barnes to create a wide attack similar to what Crystal Palace had in both Bolasie and Zaha?

Or are we looking for a left footed right winger who’s creative that can cut in pass between the lines (similar to Daka’s goal against QPR) and create space for either Ricardo or Castagne down the flank?

Barnes cuts in from the left. We would be looking for someone to do the same from the right. We've already got Albrighton and Perez who are right footers playing that on the right if needs be. We need another left footer.

I'm torn on whether that needs to be a pace merchant or a creative playmaker type winger like Mahrez was.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Ric Flair said:

Barnes cuts in from the left. We would be looking for someone to do the same from the right. We've already got Albrighton and Perez who are right footers playing that on the right if needs be. We need another left footer.

I'm torn on whether that needs to be a pace merchant or a creative playmaker type winger like Mahrez was.

Ric would you mind banning yourself pls? You've jinxed enough this week.

30 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I think it’s clear that we need a right winger, however I have a question for everyone that I am personally unsure on therefore intrigued on others opinion....

Are we looking for someone who’s direct and similar to Barnes to create a wide attack similar to what Crystal Palace had in both Bolasie and Zaha?

Or are we looking for a left footed right winger who’s creative that can cut in pass between the lines (similar to Daka’s goal against QPR) and create space for either Ricardo or Castagne down the flank?

I just want someone in so Perez becomes 4th choice. 

• Haha 1

On 02/08/2021 at 17:34, Foxxed said:

You just put Ian behind the front two and it could work.

Attacking formation:

Barnes    Daka

Thms      Ian        Ric

Tiele Madd

Soy Ndidi Fofa

Kasper

That's where my money's going anyhow.

That’s a guaranteed relegation formation. 

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not a chance we sign a decent right winger. Let it go, I've made peace with it and feel liberated.

The daily mail are still saying we're keeping an eye on Noni! That's good enough for me

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Likewise hence why I made the palace comparison with Bolasie and Zaha.

I think my heads swaying more towards a creative playmaker to give us that perfect balance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

But that was the magic of Mahrez. He was capable of beating his man on either side and carried the ball at pace even though he was hardly lightning. Yet he still had the vision and finesse to produce a worldie pass or goal.

2 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Didn’t I hear somewhere that Daka has played right wing? Is there any mileage at all in a 4 3 3 with Barnes Vardy Daka up front?

Nah he has never really played as a right winger

image.png.21e96317a98d015957d91dde1a123c96.png

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

For me it's got to be a creative player who can beat a man, pace isn't much of a weapon when teams sit deep, that's when we run out of ideas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Even if we don't get a right winger then we are lucky that we are blessed with the partnership of RP and Castagna, with RP playing RW. We also have Albrighton and before the naysayers start to moan just think of the pass he put in for Dakas goal the other day. If Daka is already switched on enough to vardys style of play then Albrighton could be pivotal to assists for goals from Daka that they are no doubt doing pre season training on right now. 

However for the love of god please still sign a right winger.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Even if we don't get a right winger then we are lucky that we are blessed with the partnership of RP and Castagna, with RP playing RW. We also have Albrighton and before the naysayers start to moan just think of the pass he put in for Dakas goal the other day. If Daka is already switched on enough to vardys style of play then Albrighton could be pivotal to assists for goals from Daka that they are no doubt doing pre season training on right now. 

However for the love of god please still sign a right winger.

9ad7df5175e4f9304d7b2b434dbee45d.jpg

9 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

.....the second option!!!