Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

You can kiss this goodbye as if it was ever going to happen. We need a competent defender and we'll have to pay. If I have to watch 3 at the back this season again I'm going to go out of my mind. We can't afford to go backwards. If Top has any cash this is the time. Without a healthy Evans and Fofana we're going backwards. Today makes me absolutely sick but shows how thin our squad is at the back.

Tarkowski and Berardi. Yes we have a business cash structure but that's already gone out of the window with the CB today (player must be experienced I.e. Tarkowski). If he's out for 6 months then keep benko and omit ben nelson, who for me isn't quite there yet. Amartey isn't good enough in the RCB role when chasing top 4.

So many positives from game. We need berardi or similar too, it only takes 1 injury to RP and Castagne and we are shafted on the right flank as well. 

I don't think there's any point in stitching this situation together with tom dailleys sewing kit. It needs cash buys (but ones that have already been on the clubs radar)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Tarkowski and Berardi. Yes we have a business cash structure but that's already gone out of the window with the CB today (player must be experienced I.e. Tarkowski). If he's out for 6 months then keep benko and omit ben nelson, who for me isn't quite there yet. Amartey isn't good enough in the RCB role when chasing top 4.

So many positives from game. We need berardi or similar too, it only takes 1 injury to RP and Castagne and we are shafted on the right flank as well. 

I don't think there's any point in stitching this situation together with tom dailleys sewing kit. It needs cash buys (but ones that have already been on the clubs radar)

Nelson won't take up any spots in either squads as he's 17 and homegrown. We need 5 CB's for all competitions anyway.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Nelson won't take up any spots in either squads as he's 17 and homegrown. We need 5 CB's for all competitions anyway.

It's a shame JJ isn't back as he can play in a back 2 or back 3. Same for Ndidi really but there's no way I'd want them out of there normal positions. What do you think the club will do? I'm frustrated they haven't moved players on quicker to get some revenue already.

2 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

It's a shame JJ isn't back as he can play in a back 2 or back 3. Same for Ndidi really but there's no way I'd want them out of there normal positions. What do you think the club will do? I'm frustrated they haven't moved players on quicker to get some revenue already.

If we end up spending money on Tarkowski I suspect Ghezzel will stick around a little longer for right winger which isn't the worst decision.

It's just like Rogers to say we have players who can fit in at centre back if needed and leave it as it is.

4 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:

If we end up spending money on Tarkowski I suspect Ghezzel will stick around a little longer for right winger which isn't the worst decision.

It's just like Rogers to say we have players who can fit in at centre back if needed and leave it as it is.

I haven't heard his post match interview yet so I assume that's what he's said. Probably knows we need another now and wants out of the interview. 

Ghezzal is strange sticking around. What's the worst that could happen right? 🤔

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

No chase we buy both be lucky to get one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

Can JJ play CB in a pair? I can't remember seeing that.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Looking forward to reading an article on The Athletic in a couple of weeks where it says we were in advanced talks with David Neres until Fofana's injury and then we had to shift focus to central defenders.

Goodbye my winger, goodbye my friend, you have been the one, you have been the one for me.

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Looking forward to reading an article on The Athletic in a couple of weeks where it says we were in advanced talks with David Neres until Fofana's injury and then we had to shift focus to central defenders.

Goodbye my winger, goodbye my friend, you have been the one, you have been the one for me.

Then Tottenham sign him with the Harry Kane money and he scores against us. 

Afterwards he's asked about Leicester and he says he was extremely excited to come here but that the deal fell apart at the last minute. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

@Ric Flair Whatever happened to the other English right winger that left Spurs, went to Portugal. Marcus Edwards? 

Don't really follow the Portuguese league very closely. 

He was very good in 2019/20 and then had a bit of a poor season last season. Spurs have a huge sell on clause but Sporting are trying to get him by exchanging a few players and pissing Spurs off. Every cloud...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He was very good in 2019/20 and then had a bit of a poor season last season. Spurs have a huge sell on clause but Sporting are trying to get him by exchanging a few players and pissing Spurs off. Every cloud...

Doesn't sound like Sporting to try and shithouse other clubs in the transfer market

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

Can JJ play CB in a pair? I can't remember seeing that.

I watched highlights of him and albeit I don't think he played too much in the back line for Luton (hazard a guess at more on the wings and in midfield). Either way the versatility shines which is why he got the efl season award. 

Besides I'd rather have cags commanding the right side of a back 2 with Kabak on the left.

13 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Apparently he could be sold to the prem this summer, no teams named though. 

https://www-voetbalprimeur-nl.translate.goog/nieuws/991583/ajax-verwacht-engelse-transfer-neres-en-wil-v-l-meer-dan-30-miljoen-voor-antony.html?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-GB&_x_tr_pto=ajax,nv,elem

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I watched highlights of him and albeit I don't think he played too much in the back line for Luton (hazard a guess at more on the wings and in midfield). Either way the versatility shines which is why he got the efl season award. 

Besides I'd rather have cags commanding the right side of a back 2 with Kabak on the left.

He played predominantly at RB and LB at Luton. In his last season there, I think he was mainly at LB. He makes a great CB on either side of a 3, but I don't think he'd thrive as a CB in a back 4.

Why would you want Cags and Kabak on those sides? Cags mainly (exclusively?) plays on the left side for us and I'm pretty sure Kabak mainly plays on the right.

13 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Yeah he's the sort of player who will go on transfer deadline day, usually to an unorganised club. Hopefully that's us this year haha.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

He played predominantly at RB and LB at Luton. In his last season there, I think he was mainly at LB. He makes a great CB on either side of a 3, but I don't think he'd thrive as a CB in a back 4.

Why would you want Cags and Kabak on those sides? Cags mainly (exclusively?) plays on the left side for us and I'm pretty sure Kabak mainly plays on the right.

Cags plays on the right for Turkey and has been quoted as saying that its his natural position being a right footed player. He only plays there predominately because Evans takes the right. 

Irrespective perhaps because he's a great player either way, but if we did get Kabak then I'd prefer Cags to command the defensive on the right as he does his country rather than the left. Some could argue that he's ingrained on the left now and used to the left sided midfield players and fullbacks etc, but it wouldn't matter for me because kabak would have the same issue of having to adjust. 

But what do I know 🤔.....